Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

I didn't say I liked it or its the right way to run an organization but it makes sense.

Yup.

IF the Bills are indeed structured that way, and we're hearing it first hand from Terry Pegula himself that is the case, doesn't that make Pegula the ultimate meddling/helicoptering owner?   These teams seem to be like a new hobby for Terry and Kim Pegula, where they can tinker away to their hearts content.  I don't think that's a solid path to building championship teams however.    

Can we ever get good coaches or good GMs to work in Buffalo under this type of organization?   I don't see Pegula, or the situation, changing.         

Da Bills need to find the next Parcel's to save this organization. Give him executive power to fix this mess of a football organization.

That would require a big philosophy change by Terry Pegula -a quality guy like a Parcells or a Belichick likely wouldn't ever take a job with a team where the owner was making decisions that should be the GM's provence, and leaving the GM out in the cold.  

Edited by Jsixspd

He said he had no input into the decision, too. Pretty incredible. You can hate on Bucky, but when he asked Whaley what he does for a living, that was pretty great. But Bucky was also asking what input Whaley had into Lynn being promoted. Also none, apparently. He said Ryan recommended him.

Can't believe there's speculation here that Whaley was really in charge of things and threw the Pegulas under the bus. Get serious.

Disagree totally. Bucky showed his true colors as a hack here.  And tried to backpedal after saying, "I didn't mean to be crass..." - as a professional of the written medium, he could have asked that same question a million different ways without coming off insulting.  This was a sad day for the Bills, and just as sad for the Buffalo news.  They dragged each other down.

I'm completely anonymous, not like these so-called journalists who don't want to offend so I'm going to make a claim or narrative that you might not have seen before. It's not PC and you might not agree and you might be offended but I think it's the truth.

I believe that Kim Pegula, who gives most of the quotes to the press in regards to Bills' leadership, has been gifted the team by her husband, much like Hillary was handed high government positions solely because of her husband.

Kim has absolutely no qualifications to run a sports team or much anything else. When you hear Terry Pegula in an interview or speaking in public, it's embarrassing. He sounds like a real dimwit; the lights are off in the attic.

I think Kim has turned the team into an affirmative action test case, with Doug Whaley, Anthony Lynn (by elimination of Rex) and a trio of black qbs leading the way. 

I don't think Kim Pegula is competent and neither is Terry Pegula, at least when it comes to building any kind of sports franchise, particularly one at the highest level.

Maybe Kim would be better off trying to market her legendary arugula salad.

With all these factors at the top level I do not see any hope whatsoever for the Bills and Sabres, unless the Pegulas sell the team.

I'm completely anonymous, not like these so-called journalists who don't want to offend so I'm going to make a claim or narrative that you might not have seen before. It's not PC and you might not agree and you might be offended but I think it's the truth.

I believe that Kim Pegula, who gives most of the quotes to the press in regards to Bills' leadership, has been gifted the team by her husband, much like Hillary was handed high government positions solely because of her husband.

Kim has absolutely no qualifications to run a sports team or much anything else. When you hear Terry Pegula in an interview or speaking in public, it's embarrassing. He sounds like a real dimwit; the lights are off in the attic.

I think Kim has turned the team into an affirmative action test case, with Doug Whaley, Anthony Lynn (by elimination of Rex) and a trio of black qbs leading the way. 

I don't think Kim Pegula is competent and neither is Terry Pegula, at least when it comes to building any kind of sports franchise, particularly one at the highest level.

With all these factors at the top level I do not see any hope whatsoever for the Bills and Sabres, unless the Pegulas sell the team.

Nice little fantasy you've woven there.

L

Last time I checked, the only requirement for owning a sports team was having money. Actually, that's not entirely true. The board of governors or whatever has to approve the sale of the team deeming them qualified owners. Edited by inkman

Last time I checked, the only requirement for owning a sports team was having money. Actually, that's not entirely true. The board of governors or whatever has to approve the sale of the team deeming them qualified owners.

I've gone back and forth with PA on this a bit - who's qualified to own a pro sports franchise. And you're right, inkie. The Pegulas are qualified by virtue of having the money to do it and being approved by the leagues into which they bought. That's all there are in terms of qualifications of people who want to buy and own a team. 

That got me to wondering about whether there are any qualifications needed when an owner passes on a franchise to a spouse or child(ren). Marge Schott (Reds) and the York fella in San Francisco (49ers) come to mind.

That said, I've also become genuinely concerned about the Pegulas, both Terry and Kim (for differing reasons). I still can't read Bucky, but his "they're in over their heads and don't even know they're (figuratively) drowning" take strikes me as correct.

I hold out some hope that they can learn and evolve, but that hope fades when stuff like the Whaley press conference and Terry AP interview happen. 

You forgot to mention that the Bills were also the first team in NFL history to hire a female assistant to their coaching staff. Edited by Claude Balls

You forgot to mention that the Bills were also the first team in NFL history to hire a female assistant to their coaching staff.

Yeah, she's the Special Teams Quality Coach - but from the limited number of Bills games I watched this season, Special Teams seemed like anything but 'quality'.   Then of course, there's a special kind of Special Teams awful where the Bills let the Jets score 10 points in zero seconds in the 4th quarter, due to Gillisee's inexcusable blunder.  He made Leodis McKelvin, with his botched and moronic return during MNF vs the Patriots all those years ago, look like a football genius in comparison.   So where was this 'quality' coach?  LOL

I have no issue with a female coach.  None at all.  But how about let's laud them for their skills, like any coach, not their gender??   Let's wait to heap praise AFTER they've done something beneficial.  

I felt like all the press was the Bills' equivalent of awarding 'Participation Trophies'.  

Any time a person marries a much older, much wealthier spouse, the word "bimbo" is the first thing that comes to mind whether it's male or female and it may just well be the case here.

The other thing - this is Terry Pegula's 'baby' - he's the one who cared about the Bills, he's the one who made all the money, and he's the one who wanted to buy them.  She's just along for the ride - I would wager she knew very little about the Buffalo Bills before she met Terry.

Despite this, , she apparently is more involved in the HC decisions, with her vast knowledge of football, than Whaley.  LOL   Yeah, an owner wouldn't want to hire a COMPETENT GM and have that person make football related decisions, based on actual knowledge and experience, and just sit back and enjoy.  This is a hobby for these two - they like to putz around and tinker - like gardening on Saturday afternoon is a hobby for non-gazillionaire couples.  What a joke.

Oh, and BTW - I noticed she contradicted Terry's account of Rex's firing by implying that she was involved.   Can anyone provide a straight and forthcoming narrative on Rex Ryan's firing?  Why is it so secret?  The Pegulas and their team have created a lot of drama, and called into question the competency of their entire management team, for what should be a pretty darn straightforward firing;  the team took two steps backwards under Ryan, and he should be let go.  

http://www.wgr550.com/Kim-Pegula-Lynn-not-a-lock-/22977269

Edited by Jsixspd

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.