Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

As i said, you should know the history of the team that drafted you out of respect to the guys who paved the way for you to have a career at the very least. You wouldn't go to a job interview without knowing a little history about the company you are applying to would you?

I could mention countless greats from the 90's to high school/college students and a good portion wouldn't know who I was talking about.

Are they about to enter a professional sports league? If so then they should know about the team who they are playing for atleast. I don't know any pro doesn't have respect for the guys before them and the history of the game, its why they play. Edited by Murray's Rats

As i said, you should know the history of the team that drafted you out of respect to the guys who paved the way for you to have a career at the very least. You wouldn't go to a job interview without knowing a little history about the company you are applying to would you?

Are they about to enter a professional sports league? If so then they should know about the team who they are playing for atleast. I don't know any pro doesn't have respect for the guys before them and the history of the game, its why they play.

There's nothing wrong with asking for it though if the number is not officially retired.

Are they about to enter a professional sports league? If so then they should know about the team who they are playing for atleast. I don't know any pro doesn't have respect for the guys before them and the history of the game, its why they play.

Didn't know the NFL includes a history class for rookies. You're a Bills fan, correct? Say you were born in 93' and taken in this years draft by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Would you honestly bother to look at the team history? Unless it's a retired number and/or hall of fame player it's more than fine to ask for a number you want w/out completing a "research assignment."

Those combine interviews aren't exactly job interviews, btw. The players undergo many of them.

The idea that it reflects poorly on Eichel that he didn't lnow about #11 is fairly bizarre, imo.

I don't believe this to be true.  I think it was an example given above, and nothing more.

Those combine interviews aren't exactly job interviews, btw. The players undergo many of them.

The idea that it reflects poorly on Eichel that he didn't lnow about #11 is fairly bizarre, imo.

I'm not talking about combine interviews or Eichel

“The Buffalo Bills are taking measures to prevent the possibility of Shaq Lawson aggravating a pre-existing shoulder condition during the season. While he could continue to play, the Bills medical staff has determined that surgery is the best course of action for the overall health of his shoulder moving forward. He had an occurrence of the condition last week, but that would not preclude him from participating in the offseason program. Shaq is scheduled for surgery tomorrow on his shoulder with a rehabilitation program to follow. A timetable for his return is still being established.”

Bills GM Doug Whaley was particularly pleased that Lawson agreed to take this proactive measure.

“I want to take this opportunity to commend Shaq Lawson and his representatives for putting the team first by having this surgery on his shoulder done now,” Whaley said. “By doing so, he’s forsaking personal goals to be 100 percent healthy when we will need him most during the regular season. Fans constantly hear us say that we want players with tremendous character who keep team goals ahead of personal ones and Shaq is a great example of this.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-take-pre-emptive-measure-Shaq-Lawson-to-undergo-shoulder-surgery/edf844e7-3dae-45b9-844f-e923f3ead3a0

As a rookie, missing OTA's and minicamp is a massive blow to him and the team; he's not going to be nearly prepared enough both physically and mentally

Edited by WildCard

@ProFootballDoc

David J. Chao, MD Retweeted BillsMafia

Typically minimum 4 month recovery. Definite PUP, hoping for quick recovery to make Week 1, possible to miss games

So stupid that he didn't get the surgery right after the season.  Or the combine.  Or at least right after the draft.

The statement from the Bills makes it sound like a surgery wasn't planned, but something happened to facilitate it (..."He had an occurrence of the condition last week"...). Can't help but wonder if it popped out again working out.

That's a logical guess.

Not that we didn't already know this, but TBN sports staff is a bunch of buffoons. They're killing the Bills and Lawson right now for dishonesty/integrity/blahblahblah over this since both said surgery wouldn't be necessary. Did they read the statement and how, ya know, something happened? Bills thought shoulder was fine, Lawson hurt it during workouts/minicamp/whatever, causing them to re-assess initial position and opt for surgery. Those TBN clowns are going after the Bills for honesty when they're being wholly intellectually dishonest themselves. Good lord.

Not that we didn't already know this, but TBN sports staff is a bunch of buffoons. They're killing the Bills and Lawson right now for dishonesty/integrity/blahblahblah over this since both said surgery wouldn't be necessary. Did they read the statement and how, ya know, something happened? Bills thought shoulder was fine, Lawson hurt it during workouts/minicamp/whatever, causing them to re-assess initial position and opt for surgery. Those TBN clowns are going after the Bills for honesty when they're being wholly intellectually dishonest themselves. Good lord.

How long has it been since TBN sports department veered irretrievably into the realm of asshattery?

It's such a shame. 

Vogl's okay. Other than him? I really can't abide any of the principal writers.

Members of the supporting cast are still fine by me -- Moritz, for example. Maybe Vogl's there too?

Wait. Wait. The young guy. Tyler Dunne. Him I like.

Is he being an idiot?

Edit: Re Dunne. He's not being an idiot. He is being tough, but fair.

How long has it been since TBN sports department veered irretrievably into the realm of asshattery?

It's such a shame. 

Vogl's okay. Other than him? I really can't abide any of the principal writers.

Members of the supporting cast are still fine by me -- Moritz, for example. Maybe Vogl's there too?

Wait. Wait. The young guy. Tyler Dunne. Him I like.

Is he being an idiot?

I can read Vogl, Harrington (sometimes), Graham, Moritz, and that's about it for the ones who cover pro sports.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.