GDT: Buffalo @ Montreal, 7:00 pm est, 2-3-2016

WildCard

I just realized John Lennon was a real pos, 

Alright, alright. Take it easy. Just because you're taking idols down off pedestals doesn't mean they need to be shattered into a thousand pieces.

Not as though he tried to hide from that reality, anyway:

I used to be cruel to my woman; I beat her/And kept her apart from the things that she loved/Man, I was mean but I'm changing my scene/And I'm doing the best that I can

The irony in all this feminism talk is that I'm pretty sure that Shelby is acutely aware that the length of her shorts is inversely proportional to the size of her tips and uses that knowledge to remove guys like TBJ from their money all day long. Now THAT'S feminism.

The irony in all this feminism talk is that I'm pretty sure that Shelby is acutely aware that the length of her shorts is inversely proportional to the size of her tips and uses that knowledge to remove guys like TBJ from their money all day long. Now THAT'S feminism.

It must take a certain age to become a where of this new phenomenon. I mean, it's not like it's been around for a long time.

If he starts doing that with regularity, then sure. But I haven't seen it.

I'll add that this is the second straight head coach that put Kane on the 3rd line. Why do that if he has good offensive instincts?

Don't let Eichel fool you. I'm pretty sure DB considers this the second line.

At least if you look at how much ice he's given Kane and Gionta over Foligno and Zemgus.

Kane will eventually be flanking Reinhart and the world will be fine.

But for now I am perfectly fine with Evander being the centrepiece of whatever line he's on.

That's just the way he's wired.

And keep giving him loads of icetime.

If you accept his flaws and stop wishing he was Jarome Iginla circa 2006, you realize he's a pretty effective hockey player.

As long as we don't start talking about the size of The Big Johnson's tip. :ph34r:

Kane will eventually be flanking Reinhart and the world will be fine.

I'm not so sure. I think Reinhart's future may be as a top-6 winger.

If you accept his flaws and stop wishing he was Jarome Iginla circa 2006, you realize he's a pretty effective hockey player.

It's funny. Ever since I really felt myself sour on him, he's been better.

Edited by That Aud Smell

I'm not so sure. I think Reinhart's future may be as a top-6 winger.

Rhino was a set up man in junior, IRCC.

I can see him setting up __________ (fill in the blank with some high scoring winger), but it seems that he is settling into a new role as the shooter to Eich's set ups, maybe ROR's set ups.

Don't let me do that.

But, really. Where do we want him? Centering a third line? I feel like Eichel and ROR are your top 2 pivots. I want Sam in the top 6.

Absent of team context, would you rather have a first-line centre or a top-six winger?

Sam's skillset will never be that of an elite winger, but it could be that of an elite centre.

I get why he's being used on the wing as a rookie, but keeping him on the wing moving forward is an enormous mistake.

In answer to your question, ROR moves over, but still takes the key draws and occasionally centres a shutdown line when needed.

I see a cup contender with Jack and Ryan on the first line, Sam and Evander on the second.

And I'm pretty sure that's Murray's vision too.

Absent of team context, would you rather have a first-line centre or a top-six winger?

Sam's skillset will never be that of an elite winger, but it could be that of an elite centre.

I get why he's being used on the wing as a rookie, but keeping him on the wing moving forward is an enormous mistake.

In answer to your question, ROR moves over, but still takes the key draws and occasionally centres a shutdown line when needed.

I see a cup contender with Jack and Ryan on the first line, Sam and Evander on the second.

tumblr_n173vksCCO1rfd7lko1_500.gif

Bingo bango bongo, we have a winner. This is exactly what I see. 

I think you are right and this is probably how Murray is thinking too.

I like it.  Rhino is a centre and will likely be a first, or very good second line centre as his career unfolds.  That is why the Sabres drafted him.

Exactly, if she were a feminist she would have had on loose clothing, completely covering her legs and chest, and would have been earning her tips solely on her ability to converse. Even Shelby is saying to qwk, man you're laying it on kinda thick. 

Exactly, if she were a feminist she would have had on loose clothing, completely covering her legs and chest, and would have been earning her tips solely on her ability to converse. Even Shelby is saying to qwk, man you're laying it on kinda thick. 

You don't actually know any feminists, do you?

I think Qwk laid it on us heavier than deserved, but I can't believe his point about the difference of consent has been so badly missed. Actually, looking at the posters, I can definitely believe it was so badly missed.

Then maybe he shouldn't have gone off on a tangent about feminism. If he wanted his point addressed he should have stuck to it instead of making a left turn at the split in the road.

You don't actually know any feminists, do you?

Am I wrong?

Yes. Often. :)

Well, I think you need to be more specific. I can't refute what you don't specifically address. ;)

With that said, feminists decry sexual objectification. Do you really think Shelby was dressed like that because she thought it was comfortable?

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Well, I think you need to be more specific. I can't refute what you don't specifically address. ;)

With that said, feminists decry sexual objectification. Do you really think Shelby was dressed like that because she thought it was comfortable?

All I'm prepared to say is the feminists I know (I know, I know, anecdotal) aren't man-hating frumps as the cliche always says they are. The only thing they care about is they get a fair chance at being treated equally. If you have an issue with that, I really don't know what to say.

...With that said, feminists decry sexual objectification. Do you really think Shelby was dressed like that because she thought it was comfortable?

That's the point. Your previous post suggested that if Shelby were a feminist she would be wearing different clothes, as if feminists would be wearing burqas. Feminists believe a woman should be able to tend bar naked without having to be subjected to objectification.

All I'm prepared to say is the feminists I know (I know, I know, anecdotal) aren't man-hating frumps as the cliche always says they are. The only thing they care about is they get a fair chance at being treated equally. If you have an issue with that, I really don't know what to say.

Say what you want about the cliche, but nowhere did I imply that feminists are man-hating frumps. In fact it never entered my train of thought. Feminists are about more than just equality. Please don't argue my point based on a cliche, argue my point based on what I actually said. 

Do you deny feminists are against sexual objectification? 

That's the point. Your previous post suggested that if Shelby were a feminist she would be wearing different clothes, as if feminists would be wearing burqas. Feminists believe a woman should be able to tend bar naked without having to be subjected to objectification.

I suggested that Shelby knew damn well why she was wearing those clothes. 

And yet, the Free the Nipple movement is a feminist movement.......

Feminists.  going braless and shirtless.  In public.  And we're assuming a bartender wearing shorts and a plunging neckline isn't one.

Edited by We've

Chances are much greater the her reasoning leans more towards making money than feminism. 

I don't know why people paint this negative picture. Sexual selection has existed for hundreds of millions of years. Why some think we're any different is beyond me. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.