Sabres' brass LOVES Leafs fans at FNC

PASabreFan

It is hard to understand how badly this is being misinterpreted. The Sabres were definitely doing the touting. The difference is that a third party was pulling the information from them - they were not pushing it. The path of least resistance between the author and payday was how quickly he could repackage the information he asked for and was subsequently given.

To channel my inner GDD... If a dog does his business in a park, some people witness this and think the dog just pooped. Another group who witnessed the same event decided to speculate that ISIS could have infected the dog with a fatal virus and the dog has been sent to distribute the deadly virus among the population via the drinking wells. When the owner, a Jewish lady in her mid-50's, is confronted with questions regarding the defecation, the owner is concerned that everyone is on drugs and is frightened that seemingly reasonable people have in-depth questions about a lawn turd. Truly frightened.

After reporting this back to the masses that the dog was just indeed taking a poop, the ISIS speculators retort that of course the owner was going to deny the distribution of a deadly virus by their biological warfare delivery vehicle, duh! and continue to chortle about the lack of evidence disproving their perfectly reasonable theory.

This is beautiful.

It is hard to understand how badly this is being misinterpreted. The Sabres were definitely doing the touting. The difference is that a third party was pulling the information from them - they were not pushing it. The path of least resistance between the author and payday was how quickly he could repackage the information he asked for and was subsequently given.

To channel my inner GDD... If a dog does his business in a park, some people witness this and think the dog just pooped. Another group who witnessed the same event decided to speculate that ISIS could have infected the dog with a fatal virus and the dog has been sent to distribute the deadly virus among the population via the drinking wells. When the owner, a Jewish lady in her mid-50's, is confronted with questions regarding the defecation, the owner is concerned that everyone is on drugs and is frightened that seemingly reasonable people have in-depth questions about a lawn turd. Truly frightened.

After reporting this back to the masses that the dog was just indeed taking a poop, the ISIS speculators retort that of course the owner was going to deny the distribution of a deadly virus by their biological warfare delivery vehicle, duh! and continue to chortle about the lack of evidence disproving their perfectly reasonable theory.

Now, THAT is how to do this.

Outstanding. (Where's that Orson Welles gif when you need it.)

You didn't read SDS' summary of the Gilbert interview. The Sabres were not doing the touting.

Regardless, the writer wrote about what he experienced in the new attractions around Harbor Center. I don't understand the criticism for not writing about something else.

GO SABRES!!!

This is beautiful.

Now, THAT is how to do this.

Outstanding. (Where's that Orson Welles gif when you need it.)

Not for nothing: I did not care for the implication (or possibly it was just my misplaced inference) that PA's observation about how it was odd that Mike Gilbert would profess a love for having Leaf fans in the Sabres' building (an apt observation, IMO) is akin to someone having a delusional dog poop fatal virus ISIS theory.

Not for nothing: I did not care for the implication (or possibly it was just my misplaced inference) that PA's observation about how it was odd that Mike Gilbert would profess a love for having Leaf fans in the Sabres' building (an apt observation, IMO) is akin to someone having a delusional dog poop fatal virus ISIS theory.

SDS didn't mean to insult the dog; don't worry.

PromoTheRobot, on 04 Feb 2016 - 1:43 PM, said:

I think the ideas was to highlight what is in the immediate FNC area. Grant it there could have been some mention of Buffalo Iron Works, Lagerhaus 95 and Helium comedy club, all just around the corner in the Cobblestone district. But Canalside and Harborcenter are what you see going in and coming out of the FNC.

Back in 2003 I attended the NCAA Frozen Four at what was then HSBC Arena. (The one where Thomas Vanek wowed everyone.)  I walked out of the building with a number of out of town fans who looked around and had no idea where to get a bite or a drink. All you could see in every direction was desolation. An empty waterfront, and abandoned Aud and a boarded-up Donavan State Office building full of asbestos.

If you are someone who swore off going to Buffalo ten years ago, THAT is your lingering memory of the place! So I'm willing to forgive whoever is responsible for trying to lure some more out-of-towners back to the foot of Washington St. The place was a hellscape not that long ago.

Good post. Admittedly, it is easy to forget that the changes downtown are relatively new and that most of the population up north more than likely have impressions of our area based on visits 10 or more years ago. 

Is poop a noun or verb in that sentence?

So touting as a passive verb. Gibby strung a sheer, nearly invisible touting net between the FNC and HC and Lorne wandered into it. The Sabres were merely the toutee.

Does it matter? Leafs fans ended up on the receiving end of a tout, and that's bad.

BTW, that dog was wearing a Leafs bandana and dropped its toxic load by the French Connection statue.

Fantastic.

The inference was for the layer beyond that. That because of that short sentence (with no context) that somehow meant there was a larger force at action. Sometimes a travel article is really just a travel article and sometimes a few politically correct words about a group of people are just some politically correct words...

What didn't happen was in the video. Picture the scene with Gilbert as the NASA director and calling all hands on deck into the Sabres War Room...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhoXFVQsIxw

Where the dialog would be how the organization was going to handle Lorne's inquiries on hotel sheet thread counts, farm to table supply chains and what level of reception opposing fans would receive. The President did not call down to check on the Lorne travel article situation. There was no after action debriefing.

As an aside, I'm not sure how many people have actually been interviewed for a written article. I happen to have been quite a few times (no big deal, just saying I have). I once talked with Judy Battista from NYT/NFL.com for well over an hour. The article she wrote gave me two sentences. Although I was never misrepresented by her, you never know what response from what question is going to make it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.