1. 1. Who is our worst Defender?

• Bogosian
    • Weber
    • Pysyk
    • Gorges
    • McCabe
    • Franson
    • Carlo

At the beginning of the year, this seemed like the easiest question we could have. There was Risto > Gorges/Bogo > Pysyk/McCabe > Weber/Franson, right? Maybe those last 4 could be switched up, but there was a pretty clear cut top 4. Now? Weber is playing the best hockey of his career. McCabe has more ups and downs than a typical Bills' season, and Pysyk is just an enigma. Not to mention Gorges and Bogosian. 

So the question is simple, who do you believe is Buffalo's worst blue-line presence? 

Edited by WildCard

Everyone is always down on weber. We know he isnt a goal scorer or even an assist machine, but he is a great penalty killer and is first on the team in +/-

He's absolutely turned his play around over the last month or so. Honestly I have no idea what the hell happened to him. Maybe he reads this board  :lol:

He's absolutely turned his play around over the last month or so. Honestly I have no idea what the hell happened to him. Maybe he reads this board :lol:

Weber's done this before. Hell, a few years ago some around here were arguing for him to be captain. We all know what happened. I, for one, am not going to let a month of solid play make me forget about his career to this point.

Weber's done this before. Hell, a few years ago some around here were arguing for him to be captain. We all know what happened. I, for one, am not going to let a month of solid play make me forget about his career to this point.

So you still see him as our worst defender? No way am I advocating an extension for Weber, or any roll other than bottom 6/rotating 7th

So you still see him as our worst defender? No way am I advocating an extension for Weber, or any roll other than bottom 6/rotating 7th

Currently, no. That award goes to Carlo. I'm just saying I have no faith in Weber to continue to play as he has for the past month. Maybe I should say I still think Weber is the worst, but he not playing the worst. If that makes sense.

And really, that Weber currently isn't our worst defenseman says a whole lot about our defense corps :lol:

best to worst

risto

pysyk

bogo

mccabe

weber

gorges

franson

carlo

..there's a reason Montreal and Nashville let Gorges and Franson go.   They're slugs.   Buffalo has literally the slowest defensive group in the entire league.    McCabe is probably the best skater.   Risto needs to get faster.   Bogo has speed but he's just not quite there yet after missing half the season.    I can run faster than Gorges, Franson and Weber can skate.     Replace those 3 with better skaters and this is a playoff team.    

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.