2016 WJC -- Helsinki Finland

wjag

I liked the color and the play by play.

Play by play was good. What did you like about the color? I thought it was awful. Awful because what ever he was saying was nothing close to what I was seeing with my eyes.

What did they play?

Born in the USA.

Schmaltz and goalie were my picks but White was solid.

Getting my first look at the Finns. They look huge.

That was my reaction seeing the Swedes too.  These Scandinavians must be putting something in the cattle feed.

Play by play was good. What did you like about the color? I thought it was awful. Awful because what ever he was saying was nothing close to what I was seeing with my eyes.

Born in the USA.

I believe it was the homework. I sensed a great familiarity with the kids, their clubs, their leagues and their current status. Call it informed? Maybe I praise too easily. I'm closer to NHL clubs, so talk of the Erie Otters and how the season s going for their kids was noticeable / enjoyable. Edited by N'eo

I believe it was the homework. I sensed a great familiarity with the kids, their clubs, their leagues and their current status. Call it informed? Maybe I praise too easily. I'm closer to NHL clubs, so talk of the Erie Otters and how the season s going for their kids was noticeable / enjoyable.

The guy with Mears Dave Scarpen(?) is host of the Big 10 hockey show. Well connected to the college game and the USA hockey program. Really knows the players

The Fins killed the Belarusks in a little over 22m

So the Belarusks pulled their goalie losing 5-0 and gave up an EN goal.  Where goal differential matters, that has to annoy everyone else in the B bracket

I hear ya. but where goal differential matters, it was smart to pull the goalie and try to get one, too. 

Nedeljkovic is from here in Parma, OH. He started in the same association my kid plays at and moved on to the Barons AAA team. My kid goes to the same goalie coach he did.  

Just a little digression from the convo.  Go USA.

I've never heard of reddit. Is it like pinterest, but for non-housewives?

(And thanks.)

It's kind of hard to describe. I guess the easiest way would be that it's a bunch of smaller forums hosted by a larger site. You can decide what forums (or subreddits) you want to subscribe to and their main stories will appear on your news feed. 

It's kind of hard to describe. I guess the easiest way would be that it's a bunch of smaller forums hosted by a larger site. You can decide what forums (or subreddits) you want to subscribe to and their main stories will appear on your news feed. 

I was kidding.

Uhhhh,,,, that link probably shouldn't be on here.  If nothing else, publicizing jeopardizes the links it contains.  I think deleting the two posts that contain it and using the private message system here is prudent.

Edited by We've

Uhhhh,,,, that reddit link probably shouldn't be on here.  If nothing else, publicizing jeopardizes the links it contains.  I think deleting the two posts that contain it and using the private message system here is prudent.

Believe me, reddit has a lot more traffic than SS.  But not a bad idea.  So done.

Edited by Eleven

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.