Your Next Sabres Jersey

WildCard

I've still got a red 3rd jersey circa 2001 with no name on it that's never been worn. I think my next move will be to get that one done. I have no idea who to put on it though.

#1 - Crozier.

The irony will be lost on most Swamp Cat fans, but it'll be a good conversation starter for Sabres fans. ;)

#1 - Crozier.

The irony will be lost on most Swamp Cat fans, but it'll be a good conversation starter for Sabres fans. ;)

Hmmm, never thought about that one.

I had a Blue & Gold #9 Dudley jersey made up to wear at Panthers-Sabres games around 2001 or so. Most Panthers fans didn't get it even thought he was their GM at the time.

I've still got a red 3rd jersey circa 2001 with no name on it that's never been worn. I think my next move will be to get that one done. I have no idea who to put on it though.

Would sweatiquette dictate that you pick a player who wore that jersey? In other words, no Eichel in butterknives?

I bought an O'Reilly, and a Camo pattern from Veteran's Day. Had the Camo personalized with Jack, haven't worn it yet.

There's an unwritten rule that once you're over thirty, the only players whose jerseys you should wear are your kids or retired players, otherwise your own name or leave it blank.

hmmm, never heard of that rule. Think at over 30+, I can wear whatever and not care what anyone thinks.

I saw a guy in a Sabres jersey with Obama on the back.

Left winger?

I had to, I had to.

There's an unwritten rule that once you're over thirty, the only players whose jerseys you should wear are your kids or retired players, otherwise your own name or leave it blank.

I'll stop short of your conclusion because I don't apply rules to anyone but me, unwritten or otherwise. However, we share a common personal guideline. Common ground .....

Interesting. Are you cosplaying as that player?  It's purely about aesthetics for me.

I just think it's a little weird (I stress a little) to wear a jersey the player never wore. Not that anyone would ever do this, but could you imagine someone wearing an Eichel turdburger? It's the kind thing where if I saw it I'd probably squint my eyes a little and make a face...then forget about it a minute later (unless it's the aforementioned Eichel turdburger, THAT I would remember).

Like others, if you had asked me what the unwritten rule was, I would have said: don't do this (bolded). 

Like others, if you had asked me what the unwritten rule was, I would have said: don't do this (bolded). 

Never do that. 

The worst jersey foul, on top of using your own name, is combining it with the number of a player on the team.

If you've got some name like Przsybewtwiskis and you've got it paired on the vintage blue and gold with the number 11, you should have your children taken away from you. 

Don't think I haven't seen this sh*t. People do it. And it's the worst. 

Never do that. 

The worst jersey foul, on top of using your own name, is combining it with the number of a player on the team.

If you've got some name like Przsybewtwiskis and you've got it paired on the vintage blue and gold with the number 11, you should have your children taken away from you. 

Don't think I haven't seen this sh*t. People do it. And it's the worst. 

The worst foul is having something like THUMPER 69 on the back.

Also, for a Sabres-oriented approach to bad hockey sweaters, I recommend:  http://sickjerseybro.blogspot.com/

Edited by eleven

I personally don't buy jerseys of people that I'm older than but I haven't bought a jersey in a long time and I don't see a problem with it. I've got a couple of old blank goatheads (one white, one black), a throwback blue Rob Ray one, and a throwback white one that says Drunkard on it (not my actual last name by the way, more of a personality trait from 10 or so years ago when I got it). The only rule that should exist is since you a spending that amount of coin on a jersey that it should be whatever the hell you want.

I personally don't buy jerseys of people that I'm older than but I haven't bought a jersey in a long time and I don't see a problem with it. I've got a couple of old blank goatheads (one white, one black), a throwback blue Rob Ray one, and a throwback white one that says Drunkard on it (not my actual last name by the way, more of a personality trait from 10 or so years ago when I got it). The only rule that should exist is since you a spending that amount of coin on a jersey that it should be whatever the hell you want.

Whatever, Big Lou...

The worst foul is having something like THUMPER 69 on the back.

Also, for a Sabres-oriented approach to bad hockey sweaters, I recommend:  http://sickjerseybro.blogspot.com/

I've got a Drunkard jersey that's number 69 and I'm all class while I sip (beer bong) the finest pilsners (Milwaukee's Best Ice) and cordially converse (eating babies) with the Hurricanes fans (hillbillies who worship Dale Earnhardt). Next time I think I might add a top hat, monocle, and cane so I can spiff it up even more, like Mr. Peanut.

I've got a Drunkard jersey that's number 69 and I'm all class while I sip (beer bong) the finest pilsners (Milwaukee's Best Ice) and cordially converse (eating babies) with the Hurricanes fans (hillbillies who worship Dale Earnhardt). Next time I think I might add a top hat, monocle, and cane so I can spiff it up even more, like Mr. Peanut.

I think if you're trolling Canes fans, you get a complete and total pass on any and all jersey restrictions.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.