The Home-ownership Thread

darksabre

I agree with the sentiment, if I'm spending a lot then I needed to go for what I wanted, it's a good, looooonnngg investment and I plan on being there for a long time.

Plenty of pass out room for the SS crew :)

Just like Derek Roy's basement 

Duuude. That is the most kick ass bachelor pad I’ve ever seen. Mother ######in Wyld. Got the world by the nutz.

Haha thanks man, not by the nuts, but def worked myself into a good position.... Dude ten years ago I was so broke, I had a tire go flat and I couldn't afford to replace it, I had to beg for 70 bucks....parents wouldn't/couldn't help, so I'm happy that I earned this :)

I posted pics in the awesome thread, I'm on my mobile at the airport, I will try and post them here :)

A little premature I think, the contracts are signed, waiting on legal/inspection to close, but here are the pics.

Dang, that's awesome. :thumbsup:

So the attorney emailed with the underwriting and it's a go, get this, the home inspection is gonna happen sat/sun while I'm in Prague or Bratislava, so my gf is going with the realtor (his father in law is the inspector) very good guy. I'm going to Skype/what'sapp in for the Inspection while walking through Prague castle lol.

I'm green with envy.

And gas.

But mostly envy.

We can do a colectomy/hysterectomy for ya ;)

Dang, that's awesome. :thumbsup:

Thanks man,

And also a late congrats on your nice place too, I for some reason couldn't find this thread and lacked the critical thinking skills to use the search button ????????

Now it's time to pool our mallow cup coupons and cereal box tops to upgrade Charlie's whirlpool box, at least get the man some bubble wrap insulation ????????

Is that in Craneridge? I love those houses.

It is!! You're the first person that actually knows where that is!

They named a town after Kelsay Grammer's bald spot?!? :huh: Knew skiers liked the ganja, but never knew to what extent apparently. :p

Congrats on the Money Pit, Woody. Looks sweet. :beer:

Edited by Taro T

Inspection is done, and it only has some minor flaws, new gutters/extenders, some replacing snow/ice things on the metal roof and one non essential outdoor beam has some mold.... The inside doesn't have anything except a boiler that is old, bit well maintained and working fine. The realtor is going to request some minor fixes.... Once I am home, I'll see about appraisal and etc, never realized closing on a home takes so long

Inspection is done, and it only has some minor flaws, new gutters/extenders, some replacing snow/ice things on the metal roof and one non essential outdoor beam has some mold.... The inside doesn't have anything except a boiler that is old, bit well maintained and working fine. The realtor is going to request some minor fixes.... Once I am home, I'll see about appraisal and etc, never realized closing on a home takes so long

It's definitely not like signing up for a rental. :lol:

But it also is most people's only $6 figure+ purchase in their lives. Good to have the t's dotted & the I's crossed. :p

Edited by Taro T

Enjoy the rest of your travels.  The rest of this stuff can wait.

But it also is most people's only $6 figure+ purchase in their lives. Good to have the t's dotted & the I's crossed. :P

Aside from the monetary investment, there's also the commitment to a single address.  When you buy a house you're definitely going to be there a while, a few years at the very least.

That looks very Quaint and peaceful :)

You should see that quaint and peaceful shoreline in a big storm.  The surf just pound.

That said, I completely agree with you.

Where are you now?

Yeah, the house is nothing special architecturally, but there's location-location-location and layout.  It's almost the same square footage as the house we just bought- about a hundred sq ft bigger.

Yup.

In the write up it says 20 minutes to Halifax.  Stupid realtors will say anything.  Sure, 20 minutes as the crow flies.

You should see that quaint and peaceful shoreline in a big storm.  The surf just pound.

That said, I completely agree with you.

Where are you now?

Yup.

In the write up it says 20 minutes to Halifax.  Stupid realtors will say anything.  Sure, 20 minutes as the crow flies.

Yeah. It's not even easily defensible. A quick google maps search says it is 36 minutes from the address to Halifax. 

We learned that when we put our first offer in.  The description of the house was pure fiction.

The house behind mine is currently for sale.  Some of the stuff in the description is absolutely hilarious.  They call it "sun-drenched", which in other words means there is only one tree on the lot.  It's only 2 years old, so that really isn't a huge issue.  Anyway, they also end every single sentence in the description with 2 exclamation points ("sun-drenched!!").  All I can think when reading it is Elaine Benes and her hatred of the exclamation point.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.