Marvel and DC Comics superthread

LGR4GM

Supposedly that one's going to be rated R too, because of the success Deadpool has had

I wonder if Deadpool will find his way into the current X-Men arc that's within the "universe" that Deadpool is in. He'd have to go back in time to join McAvoy and the gang.

If he's in The Wolverine 2, that'll be interesting as well. I suppose that movie can't really link to "The Wolverine" 1, as that story was "wiped out" along with X-Men 1 through 3 by the Days of Future past "reset". It all gets kind of confusing.

Anything after 1970s Wolverine was "wiped out", including the "near present day" events of X-Men Origins:Wolverine. I suppose the origin elements of that movie are still intact.

I had heard it was because Jackman was very supportive of the movie (they wanted to spoof on Wolverine a lot because of that failed attempt at Deadpool and asked him permission). 

As for him jerking it to a unicorn, turns out Deadpool's pansexual. TIL what pansexual means. Hint: He doesn't ###### kitchen appliances 

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/feb/11/deadpool-the-pansexual-superhero-who-has-never-had-a-non-heterosexual-experience

He never craved a toaster or a color tv.

Saw Deadpool this evening.  Maybe it is a generational thing, but it wasn't my favorite Marvel movie. It had its share of entertaining moments, but it wasn't quite what I was hoping for.

I thought his voice was annoying as hell.  Maybe that's a big part of it.

• 2 weeks later...

WATCH THE END

And now I'm starting a mini-marathon involving Captain America and Iron Man. Thanks for turning my day into a vegfest! Man, I can't wait for this movie. Seeing Spiderman in the trailer was awesome. 

Edited by GoPre

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone see Batman v Superman yet?

I saw it Tuesday night. Didn't hate it.

I enjoyed it. More of a setup for Justice League. Before Batman v Superman was announced, I was in hopes they would make another stand alone Superman movie. Really enjoyed Man of Steel. 

Anyone see Batman v Superman yet?

I saw it Tuesday night. Didn't hate it.

I liked it. It wasn't great or anything, but it was okay, and a lot of the negative reviews are way over the top. In no way, shape, or form is this movie Daredevil/Catwoman bad, though some of the complaints are true enough. C+/B- range for me. I'll spoiler tag the rest just in case some are super sensitive, but I'm not spoiling any specifics.

The story was jumbled and had a ton going on, some character motivations were questionable, and I was confused at a few spots as to WTF was going on. It's a 2.5 hour movie as is, but I honestly think it needed an extra half hour to flesh things out and explain things to non-comics readers. Or they could have tried not to do so much in the first place.

Eisenberg as many feared was just totally miscast. I didn't buy him as a super genius, evil megalomaniac. The while Luthor thing just didn't work for me.

I'm not normally one to complain about this, but the marketing really screwed up by putting so many of the cool moments in the trailers.

I enjoy Snyder's visual style, but if you don't, you still won't.

Cavill was fine as Superman, but if you didn't like him in MoS, he's not any different.

While I like and appreciate DC going the more serious route, if you want a Marvel style movie, you're really setting yourself up for disappointment.

Affleck was great. Truly a terrific Batman and Bruce Wayne. Instantly vaults to my favorite version of the character.

Gal Gadot wad also really good as Wonder Woman, which surprised me. Didn't think she had the screen presence to pull it off, but now I'm looking forward to her solo movie quite a bit. All of her screen time was really well executed.

Jeremy Irons: best Alfred ever.

Seeing the iconic heroes of my youth together in a serious movie was terrific. There are many who think the movie is too grimdark, but I prefer this type of movie like Watchmen and V for Vendetta. If you like the the rainbow, unicorn, and juju bean Supergirl show, you won't like the movie.

I enjoyed it. More of a setup for Justice League. Before Batman v Superman was announced, I was in hopes they would make another stand alone Superman movie. Really enjoyed Man of Steel.

Though nothing is currently in the works in that regard, there is talk that there will at some point be another solo Superman flick.

I liked it. It wasn't great or anything, but it was okay, and a lot of the negative reviews are way over the top. In no way, shape, or form is this movie Daredevil/Catwoman bad, though some of the complaints are true enough. C+/B- range for me. I'll spoiler tag the rest just in case some are super sensitive, but I'm not spoiling any specifics.

The story was jumbled and had a ton going on, some character motivations were questionable, and I was confused at a few spots as to WTF was going on. It's a 2.5 hour movie as is, but I honestly think it needed an extra half hour to flesh things out and explain things to non-comics readers. Or they could have tried not to do so much in the first place.

Eisenberg as many feared was just totally miscast. I didn't buy him as a super genius, evil megalomaniac. The while Luthor thing just didn't work for me.

I'm not normally one to complain about this, but the marketing really screwed up by putting so many of the cool moments in the trailers.

I enjoy Snyder's visual style, but if you don't, you still won't.

Cavill was fine as Superman, but if you didn't like him in MoS, he's not any different.

While I like and appreciate DC going the more serious route, if you want a Marvel style movie, you're really setting yourself up for disappointment.

Affleck was great. Truly a terrific Batman and Bruce Wayne. Instantly vaults to my favorite version of the character.

Gal Gadot wad also really good as Wonder Woman, which surprised me. Didn't think she had the screen presence to pull it off, but now I'm looking forward to her solo movie quite a bit. All of her screen time was really well executed.

Jeremy Irons: best Alfred ever.

Agreed, mostly. I liked the movie, more than I thought I would. So much so that the extent of the negativeness of the critical reception seems misplaced and unfair. Like you said, it's over the top. Not every critic panned the movie, but it does seems a little like there was a pack mentality going on there, like you sometimes see with movie critics.

I am not Snyder's biggest fan, but this is easily my favourite movie of his. I thought he toned down his stylization a little and put more focus on characterization. I really liked Affleck's Batman. Very impressed with what he brought to the role. It also needs to be said that Cavill does a really good job with Superman. Superman can be a somewhat cardboard character and I though Cavill brought significant and needed depth to the character. As much as you can with Superman. I was most taken aback by this, the most poignant moments of the movie for me centered around Superman and Cavill should be recognized for that.

It wasn't a great movie, but it was good. Looking forward to the DC Cinematic Universe much more than I was before this movie.

I've put off seeing Dawn of Justice because I heard from so many people who didn't like.

I'd recommend giving it a chance. You at least get a sense watching the movie that cast and crew put full effort in trying to create something worthwhile. I was surprised. Saw it a second time to see if I would feel the same way, and I enjoyed it even more the second time.

• 2 weeks later...

Loving the flash more and more, arrow on the other hand I quit watching.

Watching the season now, been behind. They are just about to enter Earth 2. I'm 6 episodes behind, good show love it.

I CANNOT wait for Justice League. I grew up with the cartoon and opened the Wonder Bread as a kid for the stickers. I only wish I held onto those stickers instead of plastering my door with them, coulda cashed em out nowadays.

• 2 weeks later...

Captain America: Civil War - currently sitting at 93% on Rotten Tomatoes, with a ton of reviews.

Is it Friday, yet?

It might have been released in other countries. There's a bunch of cam copies available to download, but none of them look like a very good quality yet.

Not really marvel or DC related but watched the hunger games trilogy and now I'm left wondering why its so popular.

#1. Wasn't to bad , bit entertaining should have ended right there. 

#2. Seems they jumped ahead and the storyline wasn't easy to follow if you hadn't read the books, + boring as hell to.

#3. To predictable all around and boring until they got into the tunnels , then boring again.

Captain America: Civil War - currently sitting at 93% on Rotten Tomatoes, with a ton of reviews.

Is it Friday, yet?

Hmm....midnight premier worthy? Have only done that w/ Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. I'll be debating this all day tomorrow. 

Hmm....midnight premier worthy? Have only done that w/ Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. I'll be debating this all day tomorrow.

I'd say so. Although I'm not big for midnight shows. Usually go opening night though for things I'm really looking forward to, Lord of the Rings was among them. I find that midnight show crowds are sometimes a little boisterous for my liking, haha. The ones I've been to, anyways.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.