Marvel and DC Comics superthread

LGR4GM

I think the most noticeable thing about Suicide Squad is how irreparably they ###### up the "introducing the team" part of the movie.  This is a well known movie formula that everyone has seen dozens of times.  I think of Ocean's Eleven as the golden standard for executing this formula.  

Suicide Squad showed in the beginning that many of the members get into fights with the obviously villainous security guys whenever they get the chance.  Then they peppered the movie with badly timed flashbacks until there's literally a scene where all the characters sit in a bar and trade explanations of their backstories/motivations.

Harley Quinn was the only even kind of fun character, and was cheapened by the joker being in this movie.  I don't know why the joker was in this movie at all.  Not only was Jared Leto boring, the joker didn't actually do anything except fire a gun and laugh.

Edited by qwksndmonster

• 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.