GDT: Buffalo at Dallas, 8:00pm ET, 11/21/2015

Doohickie

Coming to you from Texas is today's Game Day Thread.  In fact, this GDT is a DOUBLE BLOCKBUSTER GDT from myself and great stuff from WildCard.

If you're going to the game and want to hang out with the DFW Bills Backers group, we will meet at Pira's at the AAC before the game. Pira's is at the South corner of the building with an exterior entrance and an exit to the AAC. DFW Bills Backers seats are close by so we can even meet in between periods.

The Sabres are playing much better than their results.  Dallas is playing every bit as good as their results.  Tonight, push comes to shove and the Sabres will break through against a top team.  Look for me in the crowd, I'll be one of the middle-aged pasty-white guys in a white Gilbert Perreault jersey (apparently several of the DFW Bills Backers have that jersey.... imagine that).

Preview

Lines are from last game, no lines were reported for Friday's practice so the assumption is the lines are the same; I will update them in the morning though

Forwards:

26 Matt Moulson – 90 Ryan O'Reilly – 12 Brian Gionta

Evander Kane – 15 Jack Eichel – 23 Sam Reinhart

82 Marcus Foligno – 22 Johan Larsson –  63 Tyler Ennis

44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 17 David Legwand – 88 Jamie McGinn

Defense:

Josh Gorges – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

29 Jake McCabe – 47 Zach Bogosian

Mark Pysyk – 46 Cody Franson

25 Carlo Colaiacovo

Goalies:

- Linus Ullmark

- Chad Johnson

GettyImages-467415398.0.jpg

Well guys, what can we say? The Sabres have hit a bit of a slide here, losing 3 straight and falling further below the .500 line. But, we all knew this going in; the ups and downs, the roller coaster ride that would have us drunkenly reveling at every climb only to be pissed off and screaming the entire way down. Lows can't last forever though, and the truth is, we've looked very good against some of the league's best in the West. 2 OT losses, and a close one against Dallas (should've been tied, ###### off, Coach's Challenge) Honestly, out of 3 losses, we really should have won 2 of those. But, I digress, on to the next one.

We all know the Stars from last week; same team, same speed, same threat level. Yet, the Sabres were able to slow them down last game. Freeze the puck on shots, win the battles down low, really negate the Stars game. This is a team where you can catch there d-men pinching, and a team we very much stayed with last time. The Stars are coming off 3-2 win in Washington, a game that saw Ovie become the all-time leading Ruissian goal scorer, and have won 4 straight, going 8-2 in their last 10. Well, you know what I say to that? Who cares. I know how we play, and what we're capable of, and I say we can beat these guys. Congrats if you've made it this far in this diatribe, you get candy.

Bogosian and ROR missed practice with maintenance days, Pysyk missed practice again with a ULBI, and Dallas didn't practice Friday for a rest day after Lindy said syphilis has been running rampant in the Stars locker room. Not surprising then that Seguin and Benn took shots at the Sedins to hide their own love affair. Given Niemi's success last time against us, stopping 24* of 25, look for him to start again. Hopefully the Swede We Need goes again.

Stats:

Dallas @ Buffalo (3-1 loss); All Stats

All Team Stats

Team Comparison Chart

Friday's Practice Report

StarsSabresHockey-095b0.jpg?uuid=PK9OTI2

Edited by The Big Johnson

...and you do a great job.  I'm just asking for a bit of forbearance, just this one time.

I was just going to delete my other thread. I'm not saying you did a bad job, I think you did a fine job. Just take the Reinhart picture  :D

I'm gonna add these though, no offense

Stats:

All Team Stats

Team Comparison Chart

I was just going to delete my other thread. I'm not saying you did a bad job, I think you did a fine job. Just take the Reinhart picture  :D

I'm gonna add these though, no offense

Stats:

All Team Stats

Team Comparison Chart

Naw, I'll add your full post (except for the redundant stuff).  EVERYBODY WINS.  Except the Stars, cuz THEY'RE GOIN' DOWN!

Naw, I'll add your full post (except for the redundant stuff).  EVERYBODY WINS.  Except the Stars, cuz THEY'RE GOIN' DOWN!

I appreciate it, I don't mean to come off as a tyrant when it comes to the GDT, sorry if I am

Edited by WildCard

I appreciate it, I don't mean to come off as a tyrant when it comes to the GDT, sorry if I am

No, you do a great job.  I was off Facebooking and came over hear and realized it was 11:00 (midnight to youse guys in Buffalo), so I jumped on the GDT.  Totally spur of the moment.  I don't want to step on your toes because you do great write-ups.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.