Defense pairings at AM skate:

Gorges-Ristolainen

McCabe-Bogosian

Colaiacovo-Franson

Pysyk extra #DALvsBUF

More updates... one is no bueno

Bill Hoppe @BillHoppeNHL 1m1 minute ago

Zach Bogosian is skating. No Zemgus Girgensons. #Sabres

No room for Pysyk with Bogo back (unless he switches to the left side).  We're definitely stronger on the right side of the D than on the left.

Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres 6s7 seconds ago

Defense pairings at AM skate:

Gorges-Ristolainen

McCabe-Bogosian

Colaiacovo-Franson

Pysyk extra #DALvsBUF

More updates... one is no bueno

Bill Hoppe ‏@BillHoppeNHL 1m1 minute ago

Zach Bogosian is skating. No Zemgus Girgensons. #Sabres

No room for Pysyk with Bogo back (unless he switches to the left side).  We're definitely stronger on the right side of the D than on the left.

I thought Pysyk played on the left a bunch last year in the AHL. With Risto playing well, McCabe playing OK, and if Pysyk can play left, the Sabres D isn't in *that* bad of shape.

Edited by MattPie

Ducky said he would do this, come back as early as possible. I think it has been 4 weeks, but I was hoping he'd wait 2 more at least

why, what if he is recovered and ready to play?

No way Pysyk sits for Colaiacovo...or at least he shouldn't

I thought Pysyk played on the left a bunch last year in the AHL. With Risto playing well, McCabe playing OK, and if Pysyk can play left, the Sabres D isn't in *that* bad of shape.

Pysyk can play the left side (he is going to do so tonight) but his natural side is the right.  Hopefully he is just as good on the left side.

I still think GM Murray should consider trading for another offensive-minded left-side defenseman. But, that is for another thread.  Go Sabres!

Pysyk can play the left side (he is going to do so tonight) but his natural side is the right.  Hopefully he is just as good on the left side.

I still think GM Murray should consider trading for another offensive-minded left-side defenseman. But, that is for another thread.  Go Sabres!

Oh, I read the line-up above that Pysyk was #7 and Gorges, McCabe, and Colaiacovo were on the left.

I would like

Pysyk - Ristolainen

McCabe - Bogosian

Gorges - Franson

We can limit the time of the 3rd pair nicely that way.   Always loved the chemistry between Pysyk and McCabe though  :(

I think Pysyk is a "glue" guy; he holds a team together cuz he has chemistry with everyone.

Ok, do you think Bogosian is fully healthy? He's practiced and is cleared to play. Should he sit a few more weeks until he's fully healthy?

Well, it's hard to tell, because we don't know his injury, and therefore don't know his time table. He tried to practice a few weeks back, and wasn't able to finish it, so at least we know he was being cautious. Kane's injury is a minimum 4 weeks, so we know he's taking the minimum amount of time

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.