GDT: Tampa @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm edt, 11/5/2015

WildCard

I see no reason why Buffalo can't get that 2nd Wild Card spot with decent goaltending. Right now it's a bunch of eh teams with 13 points so the Sabes just have to make sure they don't go any losing streaks. Big game again tomorrow......

Yikes, just took a look at upcoming schedule...

Edited by CallawaySabres

You still can't miss the net on that opportunity.....

Ya I suppose but the Sabres have made that their mantra this season. I was referencing comments about his lack of defensive responsibility and effort last night. Can't believe peoples comments ripping that tough kid. He's got to be playing through still.

Ya I suppose but the Sabres have made that their mantra this season. I was referencing comments about his lack of defensive responsibility and effort last night. Can't believe peoples comments ripping that tough kid. He's got to be playing through still.

There is zero doubt in my mind he is playing through injury as he is nowhere near his normal self. Why not sit him until he is 100% though?

Ennis has been pretty bad all season though, even prior to the injury. He's not using his teammates well and is continually over handling the puck and getting trapped by defenders. I've found his game maddening this season.

Maybe he's one of those guys who worked better with Nolans non system of hard work and do your thing ? The system might be stifling him somewhat ? Who knows. His effort is generally there though.

There it is.  Ullmark isn't as bad as he was last night. He also isn't as good as a .950sv%, he is somewhere in the middle.  I will be interested to see how they use Ullmark in the next game or if he rests.  When Lehner gets back I am still in favor of Ullmark to Roch Cha Cha

Ennis is obviously still playing through his lower body injury. That cat usually gives 110% and all you guys are calling him out. Too funny coming from all you big tough professional hockey players...oh ya, my bad. You aren't. lol

As someone who hasn't said anything about anyone in this thread, you just can't make statements like this. This forum wouldn't exist if it wasn't for a bunch of old fat dudes wanting to talk hockey some of which is expecting hockey players to do hockey things.

Using the old "you never played" idiom just has no place in this forum.

Edited by inkman

Ennis is obviously still playing through his lower body injury. That cat usually gives 110% and all you guys are calling him out. Too funny coming from all you big tough professional hockey players...oh ya, my bad. You aren't. lol

Brad May also called him out showing replays of Tampa's scoring plays between the 1st and 2nd periods. It appeared to be a total lack of effort to get back into the defensive zone. It seemed like his effort was better in the last 2 periods so the LBI excuse doesn't hold up to me. Just IMO

Brad May also called him out showing replays of Tampa's scoring plays between the 1st and 2nd periods. It appeared to be a total lack of effort to get back into the defensive zone. It seemed like his effort was better in the last 2 periods so the LBI excuse doesn't hold up to me. Just IMO

If a LBI is preventing him from getting back in those plays, he isn't healthy enough to play. I agree, Ennis needs to step up.

Sabres made too many mistakes in 1st and TB jumped on them cruising thereafter.

Almost seems like it takes a while for Sabres forward to reacquaint themselves and I cant stand Psyk or McCabe with one of the slower D. Sabres do need Bogo back but they lost a lot physicality the last 2 years giving up Z and McNabb. They need a youngun like that back.

Edited by North Buffalo

Sabres made too many mistakes in 1st and TB jumped on them cruising thereafter.

Almost seems like it takes a while for Sabres forward to reacquaint themselves and I cant stand Psyk or McCabe with one of the slower D. Sabres do need Bogo back but they lost a lot physicality the last 2 years giving up Z and McNabb. They need a youngun like that back.

Ian McCoshen or Mike Matheson

As someone who hasn't said anything about anyone in this thread, you just can't make statements like this. This forum wouldn't exist if it wasn't for a bunch of old fat dudes wanting to talk hockey some of which is expecting hockey players to do hockey things.

Using the old "you never played" idiom just has no place in this forum.

I never played professionally either. I just get a kick out of people questioning the work ethic of someone that is small and usually gives 110% everytime he takes the ice who is just back from an injury. Sure he had a bad game. It wasn't for lack of effort. And I don't usually defend players. I thought it was pretty obvious to most he's playing through his thing. Anyways, carry on.

My 2 cents:

- Pretty good effort by the Sabres but TB's skill guys can finish and the Sabres' skill guys have not been able to do so nearly enough (not just last night -- this has been an issue so far this season).

- I didn't think Leeeeeenus was at fault on any of the goals he gave up -- I thought the backchecking/defensive zone work was poor on each of them, and that DDB yanked Ullmark to send a message to the team about tightening up in the d-zone.

- I thought McCabe played a very good 2-way game.  He's made the most of his opportunity and is now solidly in the top 4.

- Ennis had a few good chances and seemingly shot wide each time. 

- Gionta's game is coming on.  I am cautiously optimistic that he is (along with his linemates) going to start lighting the lamp.

- Eichel is really freaking dangerous out there.

- Reinhart played better and got moved up to ROR's line, which I thought was effective.  Wouldn't mind seeing more of that tomorrow.

- I'm ready to see Schaller back in for Legwand.

More weird but encouraging stats from the Sabres:

Mark Pysyk (+46) has the 5th-best 5-on-5 scoring chance +/- in the NHL. Zemgus Girgensons (+42) ranks 7th and Jake McCabe (+39) ranks 13th.

I guess you sort of answered my question on this one. Where are you getting scoring chance game by game stats? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.