GDT: Tampa @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm edt, 11/5/2015

WildCard

This is the problem with the NHL.  You can absolutely mug players in the offensive zone.  Hooking, crosschecks, interference, trips,...  nothing called.  But, accidentally flip the puck over the glass and that is an automatic 2 minutes.  It's just so arbitrary.

Edited by Potato

My thoughts on the game:

mike Weber

the refs for not calling blatant penalties

whoever made the schedule to give us Tampa 4 times

the lightning

I wonder if the over the glass penalty is more about fan safety and not getting sued than it is about flow of play.

I like the over the glass call. It's to prevent hemmed in defences from getting a whistle by circumventing icing the puck.

This team needs to start finishing. They did for a few games there, but it needs to be consistent.

Eichel's linemates, whoever they are, need to stop getting stone hands the second a pass from him hits their stick. It's getting beyond ridiculous.

Gionta needs to retire. Bylsma needs to stop giving him so much freaking ice time. 

Weber is Weber.

Reinhart alternated between beautiful and horrifying passes all game long.

Eichel is a beast.

Larsson has disappointed me this year.

I liked Moulson's game today, even though it was quiet. McCabe had a great 2nd period after a terrible first. 

I want Weber and Gionta to collide in practice taking each other out for a few weeks. Long enough for us to start winning and for THQXZDDB to realize that those two should not see the ice. 

Yes those are frustration letters in the Bylsma abbreviation. 

p.s why is abbreviation such a long word.

p.p.s. why does Gionta suck so much and still get prime PP time 

My thoughts on the game:

I like the over the glass call. It's to prevent hemmed in defences from getting a whistle by circumventing icing the puck.

Yeah, I know that's what they say it's for, but it seems like there is more to the story.

Yeah, I know that's what they say it's for, but it seems like there is more to the story.

Much like the Trapezoid Rule I don't remember it being such a problem prior to the rule being put in place. A lot of nonsensical rules came out of that lockout year. 

Postgame: Movember is strong with Gorges

Edited by Ottosmagic13

This team needs to start finishing. They did for a few games there, but it needs to be consistent.

Eichel's linemates, whoever they are, need to stop getting stone hands the second a pass from him hits their stick. It's getting beyond ridiculous.

Gionta needs to retire. Bylsma needs to stop giving him so much freaking ice time.

Weber is Weber.

Reinhart alternated between beautiful and horrifying passes all game long.

Eichel is a beast.

Larsson has disappointed me this year.

I liked Moulson's game today, even though it was quiet. McCabe had a great 2nd period after a terrible first.

I agree with all of this

Why is Larsson and Gionta out there over Girgs and likely a better forward Delauriers. 

Someone needs to tell Bylsma to try Moulson with Eichel.

It may take Bylsma putting Moulson with Eichel for Eichel to get his first assist.

Until then he'll have no choice but to keep scoring goals all by himself.

How can anyone be disappointed in Larsson?

Losing sucked, but that was a pretty fun game. I still think that almost all of our problems on offense are because of familiarity. Lots of disconnect between players. Eichel's so good he can make stuff happen all on his own. Not much of his magic involves others, yet.

Can't wait for January.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.