Buffalo is still Sports He11, isn't it......

Doohickie

Well sure, but this also doesn't really mean anything. Right now we have C Samson Reinhart (2), C Jack Eichel (2), Evander Kane (4), and Zack Bogosian (3). That's night and day from Thomas Vanek (5). This team is built with Samson, Jack, and O'Reilly as the engine, except right now that engine is still an Alexander Mogilny card ticking against the spokes of the front tire. In a couple of years I'll think she'll be purring like a moose.

I have never heard a moose purr but I will take your word for it that it is a good thing.

Oh, man.

At the risk of inviting ridicule, and in response to the thread's title/question, I'm going to drop one of my all-time favourite songs from a gal who's made some amazing music over the years (and has, I must readily admit, been a bit of a wing nut as well).

It's mostly the bolded lyric below that came to mind in response to the query.

And I don't mean to imply that those who see this fan base as cursed are akin to some awful drunken git who needs to, but can't, get dry.

Somebody cut out your eyes
You refuse to see
Somebody cut out your heart
You refuse to feel
And you live in a sham
You create your own hell
You live in the past
And talk about war
And you dig your own grave yeah
But it's a life you can save
So stop getting fussed
It's not gonna happen
Edited by That Aud Smell

I would have went with:

Well, I ain't always right but I've never been wrong
Seldom turns out the way it does in a song
Once in a while you get shown the light
In the strangest of places if you look at it right

I would have went with:

Well, I ain't always right but I've never been wrong

Seldom turns out the way it does in a song

Once in a while you get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right

I can't not hear the Sublime version. So good.

Mooses that purr, qouting Sinead O'Connor - my God these teams have f'd us up!

I'm thinking it was my being up that made the team right for me.

Chamomile and a boxcutter? 

or 

Rooibos and razor? 

You're a tea man, right? I like it, but I've always bought the crummy, cheap store brand. 400 bags for 11 cents. Last time I went for the Bigelow Earl Grey. Pretty big difference. It comes in sealed packets and smells great. Must be the real oil of bergamot from Calabria.

Jack alone will not lead us to the top.  But I think it is important to understand that his value is much more than his production.  If you wish to play a certain style or way, you have to have the personnel to do it.  Jack is very skilled, instinctive and as shown by the open ice hit on saturday, willing to play a well rounded game.  More importantly he does all that at a pace above the league average.  You want to play fast? you need fast players.  You want to be tough to play against?  you need the tenacity to contest everything for 60 minutes.  Jack, Samson, Rasmus, Pysyk. ROR, Kane and hopefully soon Bogo allow you to do that.  Guhle seems to be of that type as well along with Baptiste.  Bailey is interesting in that he seems like the prototypical power forward, but he has wheels.  The question with him is whether he has NHL hands capable of playing at that pace.  I think that is the vision.  Similar tot he Cubs, who have said they want to be deep at each position with each player being equal in their ability to contribute to the player they are replacing.  They do not want 3 stars at each position but 25 stars who can play 3 positions.  I think this is a very sound approach.  What is unsaid is that while you are developing that model you are also shedding some of the assets that do not fit.  I think the sabres are using this time to do make those types of judgments.  

I get your point, and don't necessarily disagree, but if you're going to use a different team as a comparison for something good, PLEASE don't let it EVER be the Cubs.  They are the epitome of failure, maybe even a symbol for everything that is wrong in the US, or possibly an indication that life itself is a waste of time.

Way over the top, I know, but when you fail for 107 years, unlimited hyperbole is allowed.  I hate the Cubs.  Did I mention that earlier?

I get your point, and don't necessarily disagree, but if you're going to use a different team as a comparison for something good, PLEASE don't let it EVER be the Cubs.  They are the epitome of failure, maybe even a symbol for everything that is wrong in the US, or possibly an indication that life itself is a waste of time.

Way over the top, I know, but when you fail for 107 years, unlimited hyperbole is allowed.  I hate the Cubs.  Did I mention that earlier?

If it makes you feel any better, with Theo and Jed, think of them as Red Sox lite.  All the hyperbole half the championships.

You're a tea man, right? I like it, but I've always bought the crummy, cheap store brand. 400 bags for 11 cents. Last time I went for the Bigelow Earl Grey. Pretty big difference. It comes in sealed packets and smells great. Must be the real oil of bergamot from Calabria.

I usually steep my tea. Twinnings loose tea, or Teavana of late. English or Irish Breakfast.....it has to be bracing. I used to drink a lot of Earl Grey, but I think I got sick once and was tasting begamot for a week. I can't touch it anymore. 

For cutting, I usually like a board with a rusty nail through it. There really is something about a good self-inflicted puncture wound that is superior to slicing. 

JACK EICHEL.

The dude is a legit superstar. The Bills can go 0-16, and trade their next 5 first rounders for Drew Brees for all I care. We have a legitimate world class talent on our team. I'm not talking all-star, or pro-bowler, or any of that ######. I'm talking top 5 guy in the league. Nightly highlights, things that are just effortless. When is the last time we watched either team and thought, "Holy ######, how did he do that? It just looks so...easy" Everything, everything this kid does is on another level. The dude is 18, and he's our best player. 

I've spent my entire fandom in mediocrity. Yes, I'm younger and yes, I did enjoy the 2 ECFs, but never in that span of 15 years did I get to see my team with one of the best players in the league. Some of you got to watch the K-Gun, Bruce is Loose, and Hasek win Vezina after Vezina. A lot of us haven't, and a lot more of us seem to have forgotten what that feelings like. It's everyone talking about your team, your players; it's national highlights; it's prime-time games and playoffs every year; it's deep playoff runs and fun offseasons; it's fans, players, and analysts saying "Man, Buffalo just does it right". I can't believe some of you don't have or at least understand this feeling. It's like being the captain of the chess team and out of nowhere the prom-queen wants you. 

Every city gets their guys, and every city gets the limelight and the wins and the accolades and, just the overall pleasure that is watching someone so dominating playing in your team's jersey. Playoffs or no, for the last 15 years we haven't had that. We've been close, but we haven't had that guy the entire league is on fire about. We have that guy, and even the Bills and the growing pains aren't spoiling this for me

I get the excitement here.  Just watch the one faceoff where Jack wins, eaves between defensemen, and shoots on goal.  There really aren't many people in the league that can do that.  It's nice to finally watch a team that has that talented a player.  You can compare him to whoever you want, and use any statistics you want to tell me who is better.  Jack said it best.  We did win the lottery.  He is a game changer, at 18.  He may not be the best just yet, but you can certainly see the talent that is there.

If you drink tea, spending a bit extra on it is really well worth it.

I found a big jump going to loose tea over bags if you don't mind the hassle. There's a bit of sticker shock when you look at the per-pound prices, but a pound of tea is a *lot*. I haven't tried the Earl Gray Numi tea loose, but the Green Jasmine 1lb bag may be one of the best deals going at ~$20. I weighed it out once and per cup, you're only using a gram or two of tea so 1lb is 250+ cups. More if you do a second run re-using the same leaves.

http://www.amazon.com/Numi-Organic-Italian-Bergamot-Black/dp/B00G9NQXZS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1445886730&sr=8-3&keywords=numi+earl

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.