GDT: Toronto @ Buffalo, 7:00pm edt, 10/21/2015

WildCard

The boys really needed this, Kane finally scored, and Johnson surprised me in the shootout after giving up the first one. Still too many rebounds but he seems to be getting better... good goalie coaching and he appears to be a battler so that is good. Oh and the coop de gras... Queen Phaneuf had his nose bloodied on an obvious interference, Kane got him with an undetected high stick... luved it.

It's not a non issue to pay a 2/3 line winger that kinda money when he is basically a defensive forward with little ability to create his own shot. He is the product of his former line mates. Save the possession bs as that is easily credited to his sheltered role. He is the equivalent of Drew Stafford.

This is easily the worst take I've seen on this board in a decade. Shades of Toddkaz.

You're exactly right Swamp, not 2 shifts after they split Kane and Eichel up does Kane score. And, having him off Eichel's line really had no detriment to that line; Eichel and Reinhart had some really good chances together

This is obnoxiously stated. Please excuse yourself from the forum and light yourself on fire. Thank you.

...damn, Hoss. Sarcasm? Edited by WildCard

You're both pretty alone on this...

Utterly. To have observed ROR in every game this year and think he hasn't been impressive is, well, not very observant. We seem to control the puck the majority of time he is on the ice.

The numbers will come as they will for Eichel and others. I like how we are playing.

GO SABRES!!!

Well the Avs management didn't think he was worth committing to as part of their core. So at least I am not alone.

I think it's the Stafford comparison, not weather you want to pay him or not.

Maybe I missed it, but I see Foligno only played 5:27. DId he get hurt?

Nope. On the 4th and pretty invisible tonight. Still, better than Gionta though

This was actually the first game where ROR game did impress me. He is really settling in.

This won't be popular but, Jack Eichel should sit for a game.  I think he needs to see the ice from above just for a game to get some perspective. 

Kane needs to be far away from Eichel. They split and it was like magic. Jack perked up and had chances and Kane did what he does best.

This was actually the first game where ROR game did impress me. He is really settling in.

This won't be popular but, Jack Eichel should sit for a game.  I think he needs to see the ice from above just for a game to get some perspective. 

Kane needs to be far away from Eichel. They split and it was like magic. Jack perked up and had chances and Kane did what he does best.

I'll fight you.

For me, it's both. Not that that's surprising :lol:

Honestly though, I do think you could make a case for concern over the contract (I will vehemently disagree and fight against it, like I did in the O'Reilly thread, but I digress...). But calling him a 2nd/3rd line winger and comparing him to Stafford has no basis in reality.

Why don't we try this for a game before sitting Eichel?

Regardless of our love for him, I see nothing in his game that warrants this. He continuously makes 3-4 good/great scoring chances a game. The pass to Reinhart, and the turnover he caused to set up Ennis wide open in front were two I saw. Plus he had yet another 2-1 opportunity

Nope. On the 4th and pretty invisible tonight. Still, better than Gionta though

That has to be a big error. Foligno was out there all night.

ESPN says 5:27. NHL.com says 9:30. I don't know who to believe any more. ESPN used to be the best place (in my opinion) to go for stats, as much as I hate ESPN. They certainly aren't up to par this year, stats aren't up to date, website is slow, new revised stat page is worse than before.................... might be time to give them up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.