GDT: Toronto @ Buffalo, 7:00pm edt, 10/21/2015

WildCard

Someone said it upthread: Babcock really has the Leafs playing a well structured game. They're not going to be God awful, by the looks of it.

Also: Lulz at the ROR concern. I say that with respect to those expressing it.

But are they playing his, or Lou's game?

Moulson, Gionta, and Gorges will all be off the books and the cap will be higher. It's a non-issue.

Edit: there's also no way Kane demands as much as Eichel unless Eichel is a bitter disappointment.

It's not a non issue to pay a 2/3 line winger that kinda money when he is basically a defensive forward with little ability to create his own shot. He is the product of his former line mates. Save the possession bs as that is easily credited to his sheltered role. He is the equivalent of Drew Stafford.

It's not a non issue to pay a 2/3 line winger that kinda money when he is basically a defensive forward with little ability to create his own shot. He is the product of his former line mates. Save the possession bs as that is easily credited to his sheltered role. He is the equivalent of Drew Stafford.

You're trolling, right?

But you have to pay....I'll have this discussion, just not in the GDT :D

Hey, if Murray mismanages the cap with a bunch of bridge contracts causing us to have to re-sign 5 of our best players at the same time, that's not O'Reilly's fault ;)

You're trolling, right?

Hey, if Murray mismanages the cap with a bunch of bridge contracts causing us to have to re-sign 5 of our best players at the same time, that's not O'Reilly's fault ;)

No I'm not. For the money he is being paid, he has to be a top tier scorer. He's not. But for his contract, he is a nice addition, but he his not blowing my doors off and I simply don't see the hands.

No I'm not. For the money he is being paid, he has to be a top tier scorer. He's not. But for his contract, he is a nice addition, but he his not blowing my doors off and I simply don't see the hands.

I guess we just have different perspectives. When Toes and Kane get $10.5 million on new contracts, I don't think $7.5 million requires a player to be a top tier scorer.

I guess we just have different perspectives. When Toes and Kane get $10.5 million on new contracts, I don't think $7.5 million requires a player to be a top tier scorer.

As WC said we can discuss at another time, but on the Hawks those two are. The Conn Smythes don't hurt either.

I don't mind O'Reilly but it's the contract that's gonna kill me. Next year 8 million. What happens when Jack is off his entry level and Kane's contract is done. They will both demand equal amount of money. Their lies the problem.

This is your concern on 10/22/15. It will be 3-5 years before it's even a pimple on this franchises ass. The cap will probably go up 75% by then because the league is stupid. I have yet to see a team fall apart because they paid one too many players. Look at Chicago. They have their core, and trade their ancillary players coming up on big paydays for more great young players. Please let us get into that conundrum.

Fortunately, Boyes still can't score in this building. :lol:

Funny how about 2 shifts after he's split from Jack Kane finally officially buries one.

Johnson played his best game of the season. Only had 1 'the puck is sitting near me - must flail' moment. If he can hold those to 0-2 per game, the team can pick up a few points while Lehner's still out.

How in the world do you get 35 or so shots and only 1 past Jonathan friggin' Bernier? Play this game again w/ the REAL Bernier & Sabres win 4-1.

Except for his 'deer in the headlights' moments w/ the puck on his stick at the TO BL, pleased w/ McCabe's game.

Except for trying to give the puck away late in the 3rd in front of his own net, Pysyk looked solid as well.

Pretty sure Eichel scored the goal off the FO in the NCAA Final. Yes, Reilley that was an 18 yo kid that made you look like aclassic 'Over 50' league defenseman.

How in the world were the Sabres only around 60% on the FO? Can only recall TO winning like 5 draws all night.

And even though they're real bad killing penalties, when you only take a couple a game, you can get by. (Sorry Phfffffaaaaaaaneufff.)

Need to be better to beat a good team, but ALWAYS fun to see the Loafs get their hearts ripped out. :thumbsup:

Where are your seats and how much are you looking for?

Sorry was working and out of touch cause I watched the game. Tickets are gone though thanks for asking, on StubHub bout two minutes into the game tonight.

Chet and Muffy 223 Row 1 Had them at $90 on Stubhub. Still can't believe it but...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.