GDT: Buffalo @ Tampa Bay, 7pm edt, 10/17/2015

WildCard

Yeah I am tired of loosing being acceptable. Obviously I don't need to explain the last few years but this years free pass is "they are young and need time to jell", " we will see the real product by January ", blah blah blah.

I get it takes time but i am tired of excuses. Start winning some hockey games. I have a feeling this was the jist of the Gionta meeting. Kind of along the lines of "listen guys loosing has become accepted and expected around here. Enough of this ###### and let's have some pride".

Ah yes, Gionta's infamous player's only meeting to remind hockey players that they want to win.

Nobody is making excuses for the team. "They are young and need time to build chemistry" is the reality of our current situation.

By the way, "losing"

Ah yes, Gionta's infamous player's only meeting to remind hockey players that they want to win.

Nobody is making excuses for the team. "They are young and need time to build chemistry" is the reality of our current situation.

By the way, "losing"

True. In regards to the infamous meeting I guarantee you it touched the topic of the culture that has been in that locker room for the past two years. Yes, they need time to jell. We all get that. I also firmly believe that the players on this team that have only experienced loosing need to start experiencing winning. This year.

Nothing good can come out of our player development if we are the worst team in hockey 3 straight years.

I'm 53 and I never saw why everyone was gaga over Fast Times.  It was just a meh movie.

Movie was made when I was beyond young, but even my generation, when old enough to watch it, thought the movie nailed it. 

As for the Sabres tonight, hope they pull one off at Tampa. Of course I'd like to see Eichel and company produce, but the player I'm wanting to have a breakout night is Ennis. It's time for him to deliver. 

Yea, I'm still taking this whole season as an opportunity to relax and watch some actual talent. If they stumble their way into the playoff hunt late in the year I'll start to care about the wins and losses.

That's great for the fans, but if that attitude takes root in the lockerroom, it's doom. We'll be the Oilers.

It's good to see everyone's enjoyment of the team has taken a downturn.  You know what has taken hold in this forum?  The culture of loosing.

Holy crap.. enjoy the improvement and enjoy the ability to actually be competitive.

True. In regards to the infamous meeting I guarantee you it touched the topic of the culture that has been in that locker room for the past two years. Yes, they need time to jell. We all get that. I also firmly believe that the players on this team that have only experienced loosing need to start experiencing winning. This year.

Nothing good can come out of our player development if we are the worst team in hockey 3 straight years.

Nor can anything good come from being the worst team in hockey for an entire decade. If you're going for hyperbole - go for it. Go big or go home.

WTF do you think they are the worst team in hockey this year?

It's good to see everyone's enjoyment of the team has taken a downturn.  You know what has taken hold in this forum?  The culture of loosing.

Holy crap.. enjoy the improvement and enjoy the ability to actually be competitive.

I think most of us have been pretty positive towards this team.  And are happy the way this team is growing and seeing at team that actually has a chance to win each game.

Nor can anything good come from being the worst team in hockey for an entire decade. If you're going for hyperbole - go for it. Go big or go home.

WTF do you think they are the worst team in hockey this year?

Bottom 10 I could live with, but worst , but sick has been a debby downer since the season started :p

I second that. Sabres are fun to watch right now. Actually seeing sustained puck possession in the offensive zone, creating quality scoring chances and the occasional high light reel goal. Things will slowly mesh together. What's going down right now is what many predicted. Seeing glimpses of potential, slow development of chemistry and fun hockey to watch. Sure, Buffalo is losing games. This is what a number expected. From what I can recall few on this board thought this team was a likely playoff bubble team. 

Edited by Thanes16

I think most of us have been pretty positive towards this team. And are happy the way this team is growing and seeing at team that actually has a chance to win each game.

Bottom 10 I could live with, but worst , but sick has been a debby downer since the season started :p

I know i have but i didn't mean it that way. What i meant was i want these guys to get past the point of having excuses.

And no I don't think they are the worse team in the league this year. I do think with the lack of depth at GT and defense we could be bottom 5 a lot easier than pushing for a playoff spot. That is just being realistic - not Debbie Downer.

And by the way - can't you guys tell I like to stir the pot. Half the I say is just to get some good back and forth banter going. I might be f'd up but not as much as some of you think.

Edited by sicknfla

Great GDT wildcard

Thanks! :beer:

Evander Kane hat trick alert.

A goal would be nice

2467342.jpg

:lol:  :worthy:

Yea, I'm still taking this whole season as an opportunity to relax and watch some actual talent. If they stumble their way into the playoff hunt late in the year I'll start to care about the wins and losses.

I think we all are, but starting 1-4 still hurts. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.