Eichel vs. McDavid

WildCard

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the better rookie year?

• Eichel
    • McDavid
  2. 2. Who will end their career with more points?

• Eichel
    • McDavid
  3. 3. Who will win more Stanley Cups?

• Eichel
    • McDavid

Oh come on. Before we knew where he was going we were hailing him as McJesus in Buffalo.

How about throwing Dylan Larkin into that comparison? A goal and four assists in his first four games. He's put up more points than both of them put together.

Or Max Domi who has 3 goals and 3 assists in 4 games.

Eichel is ahead so far;  though in fairness McDavid is saddled with an awful team - there's only so much any single contributor can do.   

By all accounts, Buffalo is a worse team - We were even crap enough to lose the lottery. Twice.

Whether we'll be better than the Oilers this season, definitely remains to be seen.

I know I'm splitting hairs, but until this team actually wins more than a single game, I'd say the jury's still out, on who's the better team.

Edited by Kristian

Or Max Domi who has 3 goals and 3 assists in 4 games.

Didnt Duclair have a hat trick as well?

Larkin, Domi, Duclair, Linberg, Panarin all have as good a shot at the Calder as either Jack or McDavid. Gholdobin just got called up and there will be a few others who will challenge as well.

By all accounts, Buffalo is a worse team - We were even crap enough to lose the lottery. Twice.

Whether we'll be better than the Oilers this season, definitely remains to be seen.

I know I'm splitting hairs, but until this team actually wins more than a single game, I'd say the jury's still out, on who's the better team.

Thank you for bringing us all back to earth. Was thinking same thing, this team may not be much better early on than last year because of goaltending and player and team development, but at least i can watch them and hey maybe Sabres get into Matthews sweepstakes or the next up and coming D as a consolation... Still early but boys need to learn to score and be nastier on D. Need another Bogo type. This is where they miss big Z.

Thank you for bringing us all back to earth. Was thinking same thing, this team may not be much better early on than last year because of goaltending and player and team development, but at least i can watch them and hey maybe Sabres get into Matthews sweepstakes or the next up and coming D as a consolation... Still early but boys need to learn to score and be nastier on D. Need another Bogo type. This is where they miss big Z.

How about the original Bogo. Could use him in the lineup as well.

I expected Buffalo would start pulling away from Edmonton and would post at least one win over the past few days-  but like the Titanic the Sabres sit at the bottom of the Atlantic.   Sabres' record so far is ony marginally less dismal than Edmonton's 

McDavid with some absolutely sick moves tonight. Most of which never resulted in goals. Threading the needle in tight towards the goal a couple of times making the D look real bad. Kids got wheels and moves. That being said I'm happy wit Eich.

Edited by bunomatic

Just watched the highlights. Holy ######. Last night he did what he did in juniors every night last year. Should have had a hat trick, but Hiller's flailing just barely, luckily, got his stick on the puck after Connor burned first the defenseman and then him.

Just watched the highlights. Holy ######. Last night he did what he did in juniors every night last year. Should have had a hat trick, but Hiller's flailing just barely, luckily, got his stick on the puck after Connor burned first the defenseman and then him.

Yep..holy$#$#$#$#!! There seems to be a good reason he is compared to Gretzky,Orr etc.  Eichel has shown signs as well. I think its a Gretzky vs Messier kinda thing.And that's how itll play out.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.