SabreSpaceBlue & SabreSpaceGold 2015-2016 Edition

nobody

My team was auto drafted last night.  There was NFW I was staying up until 11p for a hockey draft.

I am reasonably pleased with my team.  Made a few adjustments.  Goalies are weak, but my forwards, while lacking the stature of Crosby types, look okay.  I should be a middling team.

I just wanted to toss this out before the season starts and ppl think it has something to do with my team.

For Gold league it is stupid we are using GAA for goaltenders. GAA is a team metric and does not reflect much in the way of a gt skills. We should be using SV% and I don't understand why we aren't. SV% is the metric that tells you how good a GT is. GAA is superfluous.

Second while I agree Goals are important I think it is odd we have G, PPG, GWG.  3 entire categories devoted to 1 statistic.  My biggest gripe here is the exclusion of PPA.  Considering how PP's in the NHL work these days PPA in particular are a very valuable metric and we are just ignoring it.  We should have included PPA or just made the category PPP.   Not sure if Goals will count double if they are pp but leaving out an entire scoring category, aka PP Assists is stupid.

There, I said my piece and it won't be brought up again by me this season.  Let the season commence.

I just wanted to toss this out before the season starts and ppl think it has something to do with my team.

For Gold league it is stupid we are using GAA for goaltenders. GAA is a team metric and does not reflect much in the way of a gt skills. We should be using SV% and I don't understand why we aren't. SV% is the metric that tells you how good a GT is. GAA is superfluous.

Second while I agree Goals are important I think it is odd we have G, PPG, GWG.  3 entire categories devoted to 1 statistic.  My biggest gripe here is the exclusion of PPA.  Considering how PP's in the NHL work these days PPA in particular are a very valuable metric and we are just ignoring it.  We should have included PPA or just made the category PPP.   Not sure if Goals will count double if they are pp but leaving out an entire scoring category, aka PP Assists is stupid.

There, I said my piece and it won't be brought up again by me this season.  Let the season commence.

I agree with you on all points. 

Whatever people agree on, I am strongly opposed to changing the rules for this season after we've already drafted, if that's what is being proposed here. I am sure most people drafted based on the specific scoring categories chosen. 

edit - I reread thread. 

Edited by z-man

I suspect that SabreSpaceWhite would be available if one were inclined to run a league the way one wants to.

Oh look you're being an ass, shocker.

Or you could read the rules and draft with more emphasis on goalies and goal scorers?

I did read the rules. I did draft accordingly.

There, I said my piece and it won't be brought up again by me this season.  Let the season commenc 

Shouldn't your argument be more about SV% vs. Saves which we are using? Total amount of saves rewards those goalies that see a lot rubber during a game.

I agree with you on all points. 

With your goalies I can see why  ;)

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.