SabreSpaceBlue & SabreSpaceGold 2015-2016 Edition

nobody

• 3 weeks later...

This place is quiet.

So a bit of a two-prong rant.  IR stashing.  I can't count the times this season I have seen a player sit on IR multiple days to a week after he is no longer listed as such.  It is disingenuous and poor sportsmanship to leave a player more than one day on IR after he is cleared to played,  I give the one day allowance as it might be that you miss the day for whatever reason.  Yahoo poorly handles the re-integration of said IR player.  The way the system should work is you drop a player from the active roster (which it does do) and then immediately move the IR player into that slot (which it doesn't do).  You have to wait 24 hours to actually complete that move.  If you try it before 24 hours, it gives you a roster over limit warning, which is wrong and dumb.

This place is quiet.

So a bit of a two-prong rant.  IR stashing.  I can't count the times this season I have seen a player sit on IR multiple days to a week after he is no longer listed as such.  It is disingenuous and poor sportsmanship to leave a player more than one day on IR after he is cleared to played,  I give the one day allowance as it might be that you miss the day for whatever reason.  Yahoo poorly handles the re-integration of said IR player.  The way the system should work is you drop a player from the active roster (which it does do) and then immediately move the IR player into that slot (which it doesn't do).  You have to wait 24 hours to actually complete that move.  If you try it before 24 hours, it gives you a roster over limit warning, which is wrong and dumb.

The 24-hour thing is annoying.

I haven't this year, but I used the IR stash to great advantage last year.

Might feel slimy, but it's in the rules.

Letang is coming back tonight so I drop Soderberg in order to make a spot. The transaction won't go through until tomorrow? How am I supposed to activate somebody off of IR when I don't find out until that day that he's going to play? This is why people keep players on IR even when they're healthy. It's not just to keep them but when they find out they can't activate them on a game day it just doesn't make any sense to drop somebody who's playing that night knowing their IR player won't be active until the next day when they won't be playing. It makes more sense to just hold on to an IR player until somebody else gets hurt. I don't think people are abusing the system, I think people are working around what doesn't make sense to begin with.

So not only am I stuck with Soderberg who doesn't play tonight, I'm stuck with a healthy player still being on IR.

Letang is coming back tonight so I drop Soderberg in order to make a spot. The transaction won't go through until tomorrow? How am I supposed to activate somebody off of IR when I don't find out until that day that he's going to play? This is why people keep players on IR even when they're healthy. It's not just to keep them but when they find out they can't activate them on a game day it just doesn't make any sense to drop somebody who's playing that night knowing their IR player won't be active until the next day when they won't be playing. It makes more sense to just hold on to an IR player until somebody else gets hurt. I don't think people are abusing the system, I think people are working around what doesn't make sense to begin with.

So not only am I stuck with Soderberg who doesn't play tonight, I'm stuck with a healthy player still being on IR.

That's exactly what I was complaining about upthread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.