SabreSpaceBlue & SabreSpaceGold 2015-2016 Edition

nobody

That's just painful, I was wondering who picked him. Which league?

Then again, we could both be in d4rk's goalie purgatory :ph34r:  

Gold. One of my goals going in was to get two of the 10 or so goalies I considered sure bets.

I was really happy I was able to do that.

Now I doubt I could get D4rk to trade me Lehner for Bob.

I think I got Fredrik Anderson at the end of the 4th round.  So far the wins haven't been there but his play has been good.

Is the Gold draft more focused on goaltending?  I drafted Fredrik Anderson in ours at the end of the 14th round.

Edit - Not sure how many people are in your league but I'm pretty sure there's more than ours so that makes up some of the difference.

Edited by Derrico

Is the Gold draft more focused on goaltending?  I drafted Fredrik Anderson in ours at the end of the 14th round.

Edit - Not sure how many people are in your league but I'm pretty sure there's more than ours so that makes up some of the difference.

We have 5 GT categories and are required to have 2 starts per week for our GT's.

We have 14 teams in our league

Edited by LGR4GM

What we should have had was PIMs too.  I actually play in one league where you lose points for PIMs.  Puts a whole different perspective on player selection.  We use a point system vice category.  Every now and then something completely unexpected happens that blows up your night/week, like a guy like Patrice Bergeron getting a 10 minute major...  Puts a degree of randomness in it that I like.  It also makes a selection of Marchand or Lucic a risk/reward/penalty proposition.

Edited by wjag

We have 5 GT categories and are required to have 2 starts per week for our GT's.

We have 14 teams in our league

Wow.  Yep, that's the difference.  Ours has 8 with 6 making the playoffs.  I could probably forget to change my lineup for a month and still make the playoffs.

What we should have had was PIMs too.  I actually play in one league where you lose points for PIMs.  Puts a whole different perspective on player selection.  We use a point system vice category.  Every now and then something completely unexpected happens that blows up your night/week, like a guy like Patrice Bergeron getting a 10 minute major...  Puts a degree of randomness in it that I like.  It also makes a selection of Marchand or Lucic a risk/reward/penalty proposition.

I was in an ESPN league that actually rewarded penalty minutes. Steve Downie's tantrums won me a couple of weeks.

Only thing I don't like about the Gold league is there is only one substitute. Really leaves for making roster moves during the week rather uneventful.

I like this idea, this would be awesome. As commish for Blue, am I allowed to switch the point systems after the draft?

I know you need that extra element of luck to have a chance so I could see why you like that idea :P

I am getting my ass handed to me in Blue and in our NFL league so far, which really sucks because I can trash talk a lot more on here than the other NFL leagues I'm in the playoffs for. Gold is going okay for me, Rask is really killing my Blue team though

so fun anomaly...

Pastrnak 1g, 2a, -4, 0PPG, 16shots, 8hits, 0 blocks = Ranked 178

Hartnell   2g, 1a, -6, 2ppg, 14shots, 19hits, 3 blocks = Ranked 332

Apparently those 2 extra shots and +2 rating are worth a ton versus the 2ppg, 11hits and 3 blocks.  Or go home yahoo you're drunk.

Edited by LGR4GM

I would prefer that fighting majors be a choice rather than just penalty minutes.  

I was in an ESPN league that actually rewarded penalty minutes. Steve Downie's tantrums won me a couple of weeks.

Only thing I don't like about the Gold league is there is only one substitute. Really leaves for making roster moves during the week rather uneventful.

I believe this was the reason Gold was created. 

I would prefer that fighting majors be a choice rather than just penalty minutes.  

yup, we didn't want anyone to have the ability to drop add 30 guys a week or store up players on their bench.

Technically you have 2 bench spots and it depends on if you use 1 for a goalie or not. 

yup, we didn't want anyone to have the ability to drop add 30 guys a week or store up players on their bench.

Technically you have 2 bench spots and it depends on if you use 1 for a goalie or not. 

Ah OK, gotcha. Makes sense, put a lot more emphasis on who you decide  to swap if/when you do make a roster change. I enjoy both either way, two different strategies. 

Edited by JJFIVEOH

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.