Adidas inks deal to produce NHL jerseys

Hoss

bet season ticket prices still go up even after they get money from jersey add revenue

Sorry LGR4GM but this is one of my pet peeves. Ticket prices have nothing to do with other revenue or expenses. It is all supply and demand. If all the players agreed to play for free ticket prices would still be the same as long as the public paid the price.

Also, not sure why Adidas is forcing their brand, they already have established hockey branding in CCM and, cough, Reebok.

Their property CCM, has the next big thing in the sport under contract. Leveraging that will give their brand another global face with a decided Canadian roots. Nike has McIlroy, UA Spieth now CCM/Adidas has McJesus. Smart move to move now if he will be the face of ads on jerseys.

I' don't mind a little bit of advertising but as long as there aren't like 10 companies on the jerseys.

I think it all depends on the companies advertised too.  For example if it's local companies that most fans identify with anyway I think it could be a real good idea.

I think it all depends on the companies advertised too.  For example if it's local companies that most fans identify with anyway I think it could be a real good idea.

I always wondered why the ice surface isn't used for advertising a bit more though, like in europe. 

As it for being local companies, Its a national game so doubt there will be much loval advertising.

Edited by Huckleberry

• 3 weeks later...

Great move for the National Hard-up League.  How about helmets, visors, gloves and skates? Maybe next face tattoos w corporate logos? I do wonder when the home teams will wear white again...

Well they better figure out some kind of creative way to get more money in or figure out a way to get back on prime time TV.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.