Patrick Kane: [Updated] D.A. Decides Not to Prosecute; NHL Determines Claims "Unfounded"

That Aud Smell

I don't think anyone here even mentioned the most important words from that presser, made by the Hawk's.

"[We] pride ourselves on trying to make calculated and deliberate decisions based on what we have at the present time....based on our discussions with his legal reps., who are very close to this matter, we have decided to have Patrick join us for training camp."

Sounds to me like Kane's lawyers are very confident in either winning the case or coming to a settlement.

Someone on Twitter said it best: I'm sure Apple is confident you should buy Apple products.

(This has probably been addressed, my bad if so)

Kane's DNA apparently not found in victims genital area, only under fingernails and on shoulder. Could be a game changer.

Do we know if the complaint indicated Kane penetrated the complainant? Wouldn't that be the difference between sexual assault and rape? I'm not a legal expert so if anyone knows please chime in. 

In the words of Howie Meeker " if you can't get it up, you can't get it in ". 

Too soon ?

Nope, I don't think blatant comedy is every that inappropriate :P  

Wouldn't that be the difference between sexual assault and rape? I'm not a legal expert so if anyone knows please chime in. 

http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article130.htm#p130.05 (scroll a little up for definitions), and then scroll down to see what offenses those definitions fit in.  

Edited by Johnny DangerFace

The league has welcomed him back with open arms. The Blackhawks org. has publicly endorsed him by inviting him to camp. The fans have treated him like a returning hero with their roar of approval at camp. Kane himself has declared he's done nothing wrong. The D.A. has yet to charge him. Word has apparently leaked out that there was a lack of Kanes dna on parts of the alleged victims body but dna elsewhere. They have said that this fact could  exonerate him of the more serious charge. If this doesn't proceed to court chances are life will go on much like it did before all this nastiness interrupted the Kaners Stanley cup revelry. Despite all the hero worship from fans, team and league alike I get dressed down for a joke that I somewhat self admitted was maybe a bit too soon. And where is the alleged victim in all of this ? The hawks have said this has been hard on everyone. And what of her ? In my opinion the events of the past couple of days have been a complete joke and completely mishandled by just about everyone. So Hoss although  this subject isn't a comedic setting lately unfortunately it has been a comedy of errors. Camp should have gone on without him. Imho .   

Well, if the V. swabs came back negative, that could be consistent with the word on the street rumour I've now heard twice. (One I've pm'd to some of you, and one I didn't care to reference here without some reason -- this news qualifies as a reason).

Then again, a negative result on the undergarments would not necessarily be explained by the story I've heard.

(To be plain: the story is that there was consent for traditional intercourse, but none occurred because the accused has an M.O. with hookups that involves some other form of intercourse, and that there was no consent to that other form.)

To those who'd rather I didn't, sorry for sharing

Edited by That Aud Smell

The league has welcomed him back with open arms. The Blackhawks org. has publicly endorsed him by inviting him to camp. The fans have treated him like a returning hero with their roar of approval at camp. Kane himself has declared he's done nothing wrong. The D.A. has yet to charge him. Word has apparently leaked out that there was a lack of Kanes dna on parts of the alleged victims body but dna elsewhere. They have said that this fact could  exonerate him of the more serious charge. If this doesn't proceed to court chances are life will go on much like it did before all this nastiness interrupted the Kaners Stanley cup revelry. Despite all the hero worship from fans, team and league alike I get dressed down for a joke that I somewhat self admitted was maybe a bit too soon. And where is the alleged victim in all of this ? The hawks have said this has been hard on everyone. And what of her ? In my opinion the events of the past couple of days have been a complete joke and completely mishandled by just about everyone. So Hoss although  this subject isn't a comedic setting lately unfortunately it has been a comedy of errors. Camp should have gone on without him. Imho .   

Don't sweat the reaction from one individual.  You're good.

Well, if the V. swabs came back negative, that could be consistent with the word on the street rumour I've now heard twice. (One I've pm'd to some of you, and one I didn't care to reference here without some reason -- this news qualifies as a reason).

Then again, a negative result on the undergarments would not necessarily be explained by the story I've heard.

(To be plain: the story is that there was consent for traditional intercourse, but none occurred because the accused has an M.O. with hookups that involves some other form of intercourse, and that there was no consent to that other form.)

To those who'd rather I didn't, sorry for sharing

Not to put too fine a point on it, but if that scenario had unfolded, I would think the hospital would've swabbed all allegedly affected areas for his DNA.

I'm not sure how much we want to parse the phrasing in the article. I'm sure they swabbed every place they should have, and I think the article is referencing all results.

I think this is probably right, although TBPhD's point is also valid.

Still, I'd guess that the lack of DNA corroboration is a significant reason why there has been no indictment.

The story I've heard is also consistent with there having been both a sexual assault and there being no leaving of the accused's DNA. The story is also consistent with her upper body having been scraped (as she moved to escape). It doesn't take much imagination to determine why no DNA was left behind.

Anyway, this is a story. A rumour. Fwiw.

Edited by That Aud Smell

So maybe Kane really didn't assault her? Huh...

Maybe was always a possibility.

Imagine that............ And all those nasty Sabres pacers for even implying the possibility early on. 

And any implication at this point that he did not would be just as irresponsible as any that he did.

As for Kane at camp, he's not charged with anything. You speak of holding him out of camp because of the distraction the MEDIA might cause by having him there. That can be easily controlled. There is no way Kane should not be allowed at camp.

The only thing, at this point, that Kane is guilty of is poor decision making on getting himself into this situation and the impacts it has on his teammates and family. However, plenty of people make those kinds of mistakes all day long.

I think some of you owe me an apology ;)
innocent until proven guilty
it's a logical fallacy to propose that Kane was guilty SOLELY based on his party days reputation
feel bad for the guy... lost millions in endorsement money, can't get on the damn cover of EA NHL 15 for his life,

and got hockey camps renamed after his name
ehhh at least he doesn't have to represent McDonalds anymore
feel bad for the guy. crazy how so many people were so quick to condemn him as a rapist  a HORRIBLE label, contributed to engage on pillory on his reputation
in his presser he took a lot of shi t from people who didn't even have any EVIDENCE, and now all this just to find out not only did he not rape her,  but he did not even have sex with her.
and some of you people dared to call me misogynistic for even suggesting that as a possibility .

I think some of you owe me an apology ;)

it's a logical fallacy to propose that Kane was guilty SOLELY based on his party days reputation

feel bad for the guy... lost millions in endorsement money, can't get on the damn cover of EA NHL 15 for his life,

and got hockey camps renamed after his name

ehhh at least he doesn't have to represent McDonalds anymore

feel bad for the guy. crazy how so many people were so quick to condemn him as a rapist  a HORRIBLE label, contributed to engage on pillory on his reputation

in his presser he took a lot of shi t from people who didn't even have any EVIDENCE, and now all this just to find out not only did he not rape her,  but he did not even have sex with her.

and some of you people dared to call me misogynistic for even suggesting that as a possibility .

Why do you

do that thing with

the enter button?

It is too 

early

for "I told you so"

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.