Patrick Kane: [Updated] D.A. Decides Not to Prosecute; NHL Determines Claims "Unfounded"

That Aud Smell

I think some of you owe me an apology ;)

innocent until proven guilty

it's a logical fallacy to propose that Kane was guilty SOLELY based on his party days reputation

feel bad for the guy... lost millions in endorsement money, can't get on the damn cover of EA NHL 15 for his life,

and got hockey camps renamed after his name

ehhh at least he doesn't have to represent McDonalds anymore

feel bad for the guy. crazy how so many people were so quick to condemn him as a rapist  a HORRIBLE label, contributed to engage on pillory on his reputation

in his presser he took a lot of shi t from people who didn't even have any EVIDENCE, and now all this just to find out not only did he not rape her,  but he did not even have sex with her.

and some of you people dared to call me misogynistic for even suggesting that as a possibility .

Argh.

DNA, or lack of it, doesn't prove a rape did or did not happen.

Come on man, even playing with a theory there was no penetration doesn't exonerate him. Surely you could come up with examples?

I've come up with plenty of hard evidence in this thread. I apologize if I don't feel like doing it again. I honestly don't know what else people want.

I've come up with plenty of hard evidence in this thread. I apologize if I don't feel like doing it again. I honestly don't know what else people want.

You don't know what her claim is, and a rape kit doesn't address all possible sexual offenses.  Therefore, a rape kit result doesn't necessarily exonerate him.  Sorry if I am misunderstanding you, but its fairly clear imo.  

I think some of you owe me an apology ;)

it's a logical fallacy to propose that Kane was guilty SOLELY based on his party days reputation

feel bad for the guy... lost millions in endorsement money, can't get on the damn cover of EA NHL 15 for his life,

and got hockey camps renamed after his name

ehhh at least he doesn't have to represent McDonalds anymore

feel bad for the guy. crazy how so many people were so quick to condemn him as a rapist  a HORRIBLE label, contributed to engage on pillory on his reputation

in his presser he took a lot of shi t from people who didn't even have any EVIDENCE, and now all this just to find out not only did he not rape her,  but he did not even have sex with her.

and some of you people dared to call me misogynistic for even suggesting that as a possibility .

You know for a fact that Kane did not rape her?

And 99% of the people on this board did not and have not said Kane is guilty.  Most of the discussion has been centered around where the line should be drawn.  We don't have enough facts even today to understand what happened.  I find your post distasteful.  Not because you think Kane is innocent but because the way you are acting and presenting that belief.  For me to think your post sounds arrogant means it is over the top.  Dial it down.

I agree with the last half dozen posters. We have no idea what happened, or what two people legitimately believe happened. Allegations need to be taken seriously. Innocence is presumed. Everything else is speculation, observation, and inquiry. We've indulged all three.

I think, without keeping a tally or having a conclusion, that BuffaloBorn and JJ are referring to exchanges where some speculation, observation and inquiry was met with admonition, descriptions of rape culture and victim shaming, and allusion to misogyny.

I speak for no one.

I'm a man. I make mistakes. I did read some personal comments in a highly charged environment where we're all guessing and claiming to do no more.

Two lives have had their trajectories irreversibly altered. Justice and healing to both.

Guilty until proven innocent I guess.

thats a weird way to interpret my post.  You asked why it doesnt necessarily exonerate him, i answered, think what you want...If a rape kit doesnt account for all sexual offenses, it by definition can't exonerate him.  Until we know the allegation, its speculation, not exoneration.  

But sure, take my factual statement as guilty until proven innocent...

A poorly worded stantment on my part perhaps, but I stand by the sentiment behind it: It just

seems that no matter what, Kane is guilty in some people's view; despite the fact that the same objectivity can't be awarded to the accuser

Edited by WildCard

A poorly worded stantment on my part perhaps, but I stand by the sentiment behind it: It just

seems that no matter what, Kane is guilty in some people's view; despite the fact that the same objectivity can't be awarded to the accuser

I think your love of Kane the player is unfairly coloring your view of the tone and intent of what many are saying.

While I agree with the ideal of it X., you can't honestly tell me that if the news was different, the impartiality would be the same.

I'm not really sure what you mean here. 

I've always been of the opinion that rapes are really hard to prosecute. 

Lack of DNA only means someone, with a rape kit, didn't find DNA. 

I have no idea what Kane has told the investigation or other people. 

Has he admitted any contact?

Has he claimed there was consensual sex? (if so, DNA hardly matters)

Has he said he never touched her? (if so, there is DNA to the contrary)

Has he admitted being alone with her?

Did she have other bruises? Abrasions? Tears? 

I really have no idea. 

DNA only really corroborates other evidence/testimony.

Edited by X. Benedict

I am not exactly sure what has been released about the rape kit but from my understanding DNA evidence would only be part of that. Again, not enough facts to really know what happened.

Who needs facts when you just misinterpret the first thing you think supports your boy and start shoving your Internet finger in everyone's face.

Who needs facts when you just misinterpret the first thing you think supports your boy and start shoving your Internet finger in everyone's face.

Is the in response to all of the "you owe me an internet apology" posts?  Those ones are hilarious and I have no clue why anyone ever needs to apologize for what is said in this threads, especially to a guy who had three posts in here up until the demand for an apology.

Maybe if Patrick uses his Internet finger next time he can avoid all this.

Yes I quoted myself. :(

Edited by inkman

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.