Patrick Kane: [Updated] D.A. Decides Not to Prosecute; NHL Determines Claims "Unfounded"

That Aud Smell

Or there was no tampering and the bag story is fake.  Or the bag story is true but the bag is fake.  Or the bag story is real, the bag is real, and it was the tamperer him/herself who left it between doors.  Or ...

This thing has more twists than an M. Night Shalalm-whateverthe movie.

Or there was no tampering and the bag story is fake.  Or the bag story is true but the bag is fake.  Or the bag story is real, the bag is real, and it was the tamperer him/herself who left it between doors.  Or ...

This thing has more twists than an M. Night Shalalm-whateverthe###### movie.

Right. ANYTHING is possible right now. And that is awful. This shouldn't even be a thing. 

This thing has more twists than an M. Night Shalalm-whateverthe###### movie.

... you know you love me...

Paul Cambria, representing Kane, speaking now.

Should go, "Kane had nothing to do with this."  End of press conference.

Cambria said he was told no DNA was found from the waist down on Kane's accuser.

Cambria: with no DNA, it would be favorable to Kane not to tamper with evidence.

I'm not a lawyer, but shouldn't he not, like, be saying any of that?

Edited by sabills

Cambria said he was told no DNA was found from the waist down on Kane's accuser.

Cambria: with no DNA, it would be favorable to Kane not to tamper with evidence.

He shouldn't be but he is. He also shouldn't fight with people on facebook, but he did. 

The assumption we can draw from this is that Cambria doesn't believe the evidence was tampered with until after it was examined by the forensics lab. 

Which is messed up because he should be condemning any tampering with the evidence regardless of timeline. 

He also apparently said "We're happy with the results of the lab tests. Someone else is unhappy."

What level are we at now? 

Cambria's press conference is really something.

He's having a bit too much fun with this.

Myself, I am driven to distraction by the wear on the right side of his chair, and his bar of money soap.

He's repeatedly suggested that the accuser's camp has an incentive to discredit the results of the test.

He also apparently said "We're happy with the results of the lab tests. Someone else is unhappy."

What level are we at now? 

The level where someone supposedly steals evidence in a criminal case simply because they're "unhappy". Which again begs the questions, who took the bag and who made the drop? And what was their reason? 

he should be condemning any tampering with the evidence regardless of timeline. 

he's not accepting as fact that this bag has any meaning or significance whatsoever.

he's now said 3+ times that none of his client's DNA was found on the accuser from the waist down.

and now he's said - first i am hearing it - that a "mixture" of other males' DNA was found on the accuser from the waist down.

aye yi yi.

he's not accepting as fact that this bag has any meaning or significance whatsoever.

Which is crazy, because if ECMC confirms it's the evidence bag, then he should be upset that it's not in law enforcement hands no matter what it means for his client. In theory Paul Cambria is a lawyer. In practice, apparently not so much. This should disgust him. 

Cambria's press conference is really something.

He's having a bit too much fun with this.

Myself, I am driven to distraction by the wear on the right side of his chair, and his bar of money soap.

attachicon.gifcambriapressconference.jpg

He's repeatedly suggested that the accuser's camp has an incentive to discredit the results of the test.

And he's not wrong on that front. The inverse is also true: he has every reason to try to maintain the credibility of evidence favorable to Kane. And round and round we go.

Have I mentioned I hate the piecemeal fashion in which we're getting information? :wallbash:

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Victims and alleged victims of crimes are welcome to retain their own counsel if they want to.

Certainly I can expect that.  I guess a better question would be.. why would the DA be inclined to provide anything of substance to those lawyers? However I think we can see now that this has to do specifically with the family and therefore it makes more sense their lawyer is commenting.

I expect this to quickly make its way to L&O:SVU.

he's now said 3+ times that none of his client's DNA was found on the accuser from the waist down.

and now he's said - first i am hearing it - that a "mixture" of other males' DNA was found on the accuser from the waist down.

aye yi yi.

I'm not sure he can legally say that part...

Lawyer people... help us.

Edited by LGR4GM

aye yi yi.

Disgusting.

I'm not sure he can legally say that part...

cambria just said he's intimately familiar with the ethics rules.

per Eleven: 3.6(d) appears to be the exception under which he's operating -- he's responding to recent publicity.

"a lawyer may make a statement that a reasonable lawyer would believe is required to protect a client from the substantial prejudicial effect of recent publicity not initiated by the lawyer or the lawyer’s client. A statement made pursuant to this paragraph shall be limited to such information as is necessary to mitigate the recent adverse publicity."

OTOH, the rule appears to proscribe statements concerning "the performance or results of any examination or test . . . ."

cambria's been all over the results of the test.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Cambria really doesn't need to be commenting on this. There's nothing here that accuses his client of anything. That he feels the need to comment at all sends up huge red flags for me. My ears are ringing. 

This bit of news is going to make most people think that someone tampered with evidence to aid Pat Kane.  Cambria pretty much has to say something to shoot that down.  If the whole thing hadn't been in the public eye from day one, then he'd have no reason to speak up now.  This thing has been and will continue to be tried in the public, so Cambria is going to speak.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.