Patrick Kane: [Updated] D.A. Decides Not to Prosecute; NHL Determines Claims "Unfounded"

That Aud Smell

Another star athlete wrongfully accused of rape.

http://reason.com/blog/2015/08/12/student-wrongfully-expelled-for-rape-tri

It's an epidemic

The idiotic approach to adjudicating these cases on college campuses is indeed, as I posted previously, an epidemic.

This definitely was not the motto in college.  

As for the Reason article being discussed.. my interpretation was that he was not tried.  The school expelled him because they adopted guilty until proven innocent.  The point is that the school was found to be acting wrongfully in that case forcing the alleged attacker to prove he was innocent which as they pointed out would be damn near impossible.

The article also noted that the school initially found him innocent, then the chancellor "took a personal interest in the case" and they re-tried him and found him guilty.

$60K a year to be overseen by a group of brain-dead PC fools.

Unbelievable.

Not that it's surprising to be happening this way, but the little tidbits of scattered information gradually being released is obnoxious, to say the least.

When the media doesn't get the info they want they will tell you everything they know scattered throughout time until they have something more legitimate. A lot of the "smaller" details getting out have been known for some time.

Edited by Hoss

Am i missing something? How is this link related to the Patrick Kane case?

Or, are you suggesting Reason has a bias in rape accusations?

I am providing information about the publisher of the article.  Whether they have a bias is up to the reader.  I evaluate all the information presented to me with an eye towards its source in case there is a bias.  Just a public service as I believe I simply posted information about the source.  

Do you want play as the Sabres with Eichel on the team? Worth the buck no?

I get to play as Eichel as soon as he plays one regular season game in a Sabres uniform and they update the roster files.  But I'm not sure what that has to do with charging everyone $1 to remove Patrick Kane from the cover.

The idiotic approach to adjudicating these cases on college campuses is indeed, as I posted previously, an epidemic.

The article also noted that the school initially found him innocent, then the chancellor "took a personal interest in the case" and they re-tried him and found him guilty.

$60K a year to be overseen by a group of brain-dead PC fools.

Unbelievable.

Very true.  The chancellor acted out of emotion and not fact.  They pointed out that once the chancellor met with the alleged victim everything changed.  Sigh.

I am providing information about the publisher of the article. Whether they have a bias is up to the reader. I evaluate all the information presented to me with an eye towards its source in case there is a bias. Just a public service as I believe I simply posted information about the source.

Lol no ulterior motives.

When the media doesn't get the info they want they will tell you everything they know scattered throughout time until they have something more legitimate. A lot of the "smaller" details getting out have been known for some time.

Known by who?

Known by who?

Members of the media. Graham has implied he knows a lot more than has been reported, and I imagine some of the recent BN details are among the things he's talking about.

I know people who have known these things since nearly the beginning (not counting the detail that she may not have been the one that wanted to go, had never heard that before).

Members of the media. Graham has implied he knows a lot more than has been reported, and I imagine some of the recent BN details are among the things he's talking about.

I know people who have known these things since nearly the beginning (not counting the detail that she may not have been the one that wanted to go, had never heard that before).

So, will things be coming out in drips for awhile?

So, will things be coming out in drips for awhile?

Until more legitimate developments come I imagine they will.

I don't know how much more these other outlets may be sitting on, though. The News seems to have more expectation for constant content as they're viewed as the local news authority. We'll see what they put out next.

Allegedly, a significant settlement offer was made and denied as the alleged victim is uninterested in settlement. This news came before 2 reported last night that there are no ongoing settlement talks. That's likely because it's clear that, with this very large offer being denied, there is no number that will appease the apparent distress of the alleged victim.

Edited by Hoss

Great.... why couldn't she of just taken it so we can get back to hockey. I'm so tired of this, just what Buffalo needs, our local home grown superstar to be a prisoner.... and the Blackhawks falling off a cliff.

Justice is great, but why must it take so freaking long. Maybe I'm just cranky from work, I don't know. 

Maybe she doesn't want to be called a golddigger the rest of her life?

Great.... why couldn't she of just taken it so we can get back to hockey. I'm so tired of this, just what Buffalo needs, our local home grown superstar to be a prisoner.... and the Blackhawks falling off a cliff.

Justice is great, but why must it take so freaking long. Maybe I'm just cranky from work, I don't know.

This is sarcasm right?

I don't know how much more these other outlets may be sitting on, though. The News seems to have more expectation for constant content as they're viewed as the local news authority. We'll see what they put out next.

Allegedly, a significant settlement offer was made and denied as the alleged victim is uninterested in settlement. This news came before 2 reported last night that there are no ongoing settlement talks. That's likely because it's clear that, with this very large offer being denied, there is no number that will appease the apparent distress of the alleged victim.

If true, good for her.

If it happened, good for her.  Hope she stays strong.

Edited by Eleven

I know we're getting tid-bits of unconfirmed information, but what Hoss reported provides a rather complete narrative at this point.  I would think that if that information is accurate, we'd already see this moving on to formal charges, the district attorney, a grand jury...something.  The fact that it appears all things are stalled at this point suggests, to me, that there is yet more to the narrative than what we have so far.

I get to play as Eichel as soon as he plays one regular season game in a Sabres uniform and they update the roster files.  But I'm not sure what that has to do with charging everyone $1 to remove Patrick Kane from the cover.

Don't know about updating rosters. Been a while since I played. Are you saying an NHL 14 game can be updated with current rosters of 15? 

So not knowing if that is the case my point was don't delay the release of the game due to reworking covers or discs. Print expedited ones with Toews only and if it's such a financial hit charge a buck more for the game. I'm sure people around here are willing to fork up a buck to get access as quick as possible to our Sabres team with the ability to play Eichel.

If I was misguided and my first sentence is what it it is and you were referring to well, never mind :cry:  

Does large settlement offer consequentially mean "I don't think I'll win this case" or "I just want this to be gone"?

You'd think the former would be more true, but, my earlier point, the continued delay in anything happening makes me wonder if the latter is just as likely.

That no charges have been filed within a couple weeks of the incident is not indicative of not having evidence/information. It can take a very long time to get all information and evidence ready to seek indictment in cases. DNA can take a very long time. Maybe the lawyer members can give a better idea of the time it takes for them to prepare a case for grand jury etc., but from an investigative angle, when your suspect is not going anywhere, you don't need to rush, much better to be accurate. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.