ROR Impaired Driving Charges Dismissed

Brawndo

I can very conceivably be an empty nester by age 38. Given how kids live home into their early 20s now, I'm betting by 42 it will just be me and my smoking hot lady , all alone, all the time!

Oh, and very little will happen to ROR. That's my bet. Normal people aren't forced away from their jobs for this incident, and I don't believe he will be either. The court will fine him. He'll do community service. No example will be made.

I had no idea your wife lurked on the forum ;)

I'm not outraged.

I'm not spewing hyperbole.

If Ovechkin did this, I'd totally forgive him, maybe even chuckle, seeing nobody was hurt.

O'Reilly is nothing more than a drunk driving Pominville.

The population of O'Reillyville just lacks that clean spit image.

Edited by I am Marcellus

Reminds me of that Belushi SNL skit about "little chocolate donuts are on my training table."  

One of those sketches that my friends' older siblings always were talking about.

I'm not outraged.

I'm not spewing hyperbole.

If Ovechkin did this, I'd totally forgive him, maybe even chuckle, seeing nobody was hurt.

O'Reilly is nothing more than a drunk driving Pominville.

The population of O'Reillyville just lacks that clean spit image.

In the immortal words of Bubbles, what in the ?

A lot of us are better than Pominville, drinking-wise.

We shall find out though, if the population of O'Riellyville ever matches the mighty population of Pominville, NEVER MIND THE CAPTAINCY!

There are lots of guys in line for the captaincy who can handle their liquor.

I question Ryan's decision making capability.  There are lots of players ahead of him who would decide to put it in 1 to go forward and R to go backwards, and not the opposite.

He also needs a lesson in what pedal is the brake, what pedal is the clutch, and what pedal is the accelerator.

I think that the folks who are still looking at him as captain material (Pominville status) are in serious denial.

I do like to think that I'm on the set of Trailer Park Boys, but come on... 

You think that O'Reilly is better than Pominville?!

I hold Pommer in high regard.  O'Reilly is a center, therefore more valuable.

EDIT since you edited:  Pommer was a captain by default, really.  There was no one else.  O'Reilly never will be the captain of this team.

Edited by Eleven

Well

EDIT since you edited:  Pommer was a captain by default, really.  There was no one else.  O'Reilly never will be the captain of this team.

That doesn't keep me from throwing punches at shadows.

I'm assuming this is because there are better candidates on our team? He'll probably get an 'A'

Pominville took longer to break into the league than O'Reilly did, but he seems to have better scoring (slightly inflated by the post lockout rules, but still better).

Pommers was always defensively responsible, whereas O'Reilly is one of the best defensive forwards in the game.  Also, as 11 said, he's a center.

I give the edge to O'Reilly.

Fun fact: Pommers has played all 82 games of a season 7 times.

I view O'Reilly as captain material and an ideal candidate to replace Gionta in a year or two.

And this isn't a knock against ROR, but Pommer was never a ######up off the ice. No attitude. He may or may not have been a leader, but he was a professional.

I don't think O'Reilly has had any attitude issues. Of course he had a recent  ######up off the ice, but nothing I'm aware of with regards to "attitude."

At O'Reilly's current age Pominville had played maybe half a season in the NHL.

Edited by Lanny

I'm assuming this is because there are better candidates on our team? He'll probably get an 'A'

Yes.  Eichel will eventually replace Gionta.

I'm not so sure he gets an A, either, unless they do home and away As.  And the DUI is part of the reason.  There are other guys--Girgensons, Kane, Bogosian, Moulson, maybe even Ennis or Ristolainen--who are going to be deserving of letters, too.

Yes.  Eichel will eventually replace Gionta.

I'm not so sure he gets an A, either, unless they do home and away As.  And the DUI is part of the reason.  There are other guys--Girgensons, Kane, Bogosian, Moulson, maybe even Ennis or Ristolainen--who are going to be deserving of letters, too.

I see Reinhart as someone who will definitely be getting a letter in time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.