Good info from Murray

nucci

Yes indeed.

2 items I liked:

I’ve been telling you for the past year and a half that Murray is doing everything in his power to land Ryan O’Reilly in Buffalo. ROR is young at 23. He’s fast and he is a nightmare to play against. There is no question in my mind that Murray is willing to move a tremendous asset in Nikita Zadorov and the 21st overall pick to the Avalanche in exchange for O’Reilly.

Is Murray allergic or against throwing an offer sheet at a slick, highly coveted young restricted free agent star that lives on another team’s roster right now?

“No. I’m not opposed to it. Not by any means. It’s part of our CBA and it’s within the rules. If you do it and you get a certain GM pissed off at you, well then who cares”.

Great line about pissing off a GM

Yep. It's in the rulebook. I feel like Murray will forever be pissed off about the draft change that he will hold the rulebook over every team and the league forever for voting for the changes they did.

I like that. ZFG and holds a grudge. 

I would be really pissed if the Sabres move Zadorov. We have such a great D-Corp and Risto,Zadorov,Pysyk and McCabe are my locks right now.

Someone around here floated the idea of Nikita, Grigs, and a pick for ROR and I always figured that would be around what COL would look for.  As long as we are able to lock up ROR afterwards, I think I'd be okay with it. 

On ROR...here is a kid who in his young career has already had some contract issues with the Avs.  Don't you think if he is traded to Buffalo, that his agent(and all other agents for that matter) isn't aware of Daddy Warbucks Pegula willingness to spend, and will look to squeeze every last nickel out of them knowing they have the Sabres over a barrel in that they just traded for him?

On ROR...here is a kid who in his young career has already had some contract issues with the Avs.  Don't you think if he is traded to Buffalo, that his agent(and all other agents for that matter) isn't aware of Daddy Warbucks Pegula willingness to spend, and will look to squeeze every last nickel out of them knowing they have the Sabres over a barrel in that they just traded for him?

This sounds like a dream scenario for them.  Very interesting post.

Bogosian?

Someone around here floated the idea of Nikita, Grigs, and a pick for ROR and I always figured that would be around what COL would look for.  As long as we are able to lock up ROR afterwards, I think I'd be okay with it. 

I dunno if I would give up that much for a winger even if its O'Reilly.

Bogosian?

Yeah I know but I considerer the other 4 guys even more important down the road. Obviously Bogosian is a great D guy as well and thats basically why I dont wanna move anyone of these guys. Our D is so great and its not bringing us into cap trouble yet.

I think any trade would be made with an extension already agreed to.

I believe Murray has a good relationship with ROR's Agent Pat Morris, which should help with this. Bob McKenzie reported this a few months ago

Edited by BRAWNDO

Which would mean it wouldn't inlude this year's 21 (unless in July the Avs covet the kid the Sabres picked in that slot).

Correct , and I think GMTM wouldn't hesitate to make a trade like that -- it's a classic ZFG move and he's even mentioned the possibility of trading a newly-drafted player.

I've been banging this drum for a while now...I just know this is going to happen. With who is the question? But, I still think it's Toffoli. My reasoning? He has already gotten 2 players from LA, and I think he trusts their talent evaluators and the way they develop kids.

Great line about pissing off a GM

This is exactly what I have told people too...Tim Murray has zero f*cks to give, to anybody.

He has a team to build, and will do whatever is necessary to build that team to his vision...don't like it? Tough .

Ryan O'Reilly is 24.  Sorry just needed to say that.

Just turned 24...won't be 25 until February or March.

I've been banging this drum for a while now...I just know this is going to happen. With who is the question? But, I still think it's Toffoli. My reasoning? He has already gotten 2 players from LA, and I think he trusts their talent evaluators and the way they develop kids.

I wish, but I just can't see LA letting Toffoli go. He is going to be a major piece for them to build around going forward, they'll shell out any kind of money to keep him. And, if rumors of Brown leaving/being traded/let go are true, then they'll have the cap space to pay. 

Want an example of a terrible contract? Look no further than Dustin Brown

Just turned 24...won't be 25 until February or March.

The point being if people are going to discuss someone fact check. I hate buzzfeed because they don't even double check the simplest things.  Ryan O'Reilly will be 25 at the beginning of February this upcoming season.  He isn't 23 like the article says and that year actually really matters if we are comparing him to someone like Saad.  

I wish, but I just can't see LA letting Toffoli go. He is going to be a major piece for them to build around going forward, they'll shell out any kind of money to keep him. And, if rumors of Brown leaving/being traded/let go are true, then they'll have the cap space to pay.

Want an example of a terrible contract? Look no further than Dustin Brown

Brown is the poster child for the risks of paying somebody about to hit the wrong side of 30 based on past performance. For all the good Lombardi did in assembling two Cup teams, he sure blew it with that Brown contract and not using a compliance buyout on Richards.

Adding fuel to the fire with this report that rumors floating Sabres are planning big draft day trade.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2150855/buffalo-sabres-rumors-general-manager-tim-murray-could-be-planning-big-draft-day-trade/

i have a feeling this is going to be an interesting month in Buffalo.  Murray's comments about "who cares" if a GM gets pissed off if you take a run at an RFA reeks of him taking a run at Toffoli with LA dead in the water with salary cap space.  It wouldn't surprise me if he took a run at Tarasenko.  If we get Tarasenko, who I view as another Ovechkin, then the Sabres rebuild will blast off into another orbit.  Seriously, adding Kane, Tarasenko, (and possibly ROR) and Eichel to this team (along with Reinhart) to Ennis, Moulson, Girgenson? 

As my boy Jeanneret says, that's "crazy good".  We will make the playoffs in 2016. No question.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.