Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Rather have Weber than Gorges? I'd love to see:

Yandle-Risto

McCabe-Pysyk

Gorges-Bogo

That's right, Bogo 3rd pair.

Can't argue that. He belongs there

Given out serious lack of FA success, who else are we turning to when Yandle signs elsewhere?

Given out serious lack of FA success, who else are we turning to when Yandle signs elsewhere?

I hate you :angry:

Honestly don't remember seeing another UFA who interests me, but haven't looked in awhile. Would have to be a trade target. And no, I don't have a name there either :lol:

Short term, I'd totally snag Gormley off waivers. Doubt he amounts to anything, but it's worth it since it's zero risk.

The only other worthwhile FA LHD are Brian Campbell and Alex Goligosmi.

Still don't hate the idea of bringing Soupy back if we need a stop-gap on the left side. He's still playing at a very high level. But he's got a good thing going in Florida.

Are Jack, Risto, and Samson all going demand max contracts right off their ELC?

you would hope so only because that means they are Really good....

What does Pittsburgh have that we would want?

Crosby, Malkin, oh you meant reasonable? Who knows.....

Frederik Anderson, goaltender of the ducks may be available after they made the trade with the Habs for Tokarski.

I would make a move to get him, was the starter keeping a very bad team in games until they decided to go with Gibson. I would also be talking to the Leafs for Vernier, hoping the change of scenery out of the pressure cooker that is Toronto would help him. Unfortunately TM is getting his boy Lehnner back soon so he most likely isn't interested in shopping in the better goalie section........

Edited by apuszczalowski

you would hope so only because that means they are Really good....

Crosby, Malkin, oh you meant reasonable? Who knows.....

Frederik Anderson, goaltender of the ducks may be available after they made the trade with the Habs for Tokarski.

I would make a move to get him, was the starter keeping a very bad team in games until they decided to go with Gibson. I would also be talking to the Leafs for Vernier, hoping the change of scenery out of the pressure cooker that is Toronto would help him. Unfortunately TM is getting his boy Lehnner back soon so he most likely isn't interested in shopping in the better goalie section........

Anderson's career SV%: 917

Lehner's career SV%: 914

I, for one, hope to give up at least three 1st round picks for that whopping difference.

Anderson's career SV%: 917

Lehner's career SV%: 914

I, for one, hope to give up at least three 1st round picks for that whopping difference.

who's talking about 3 1St Round picks?

If you want to look at stats, one has actually started more then 36 games in a season before, and has more then 2 games experience in the playoffs and has less years playing in the NHL.

Maybe Anderson goes to Philly. Don't they still need a goalie?

the article I was reading suggested Calgary or Arizona, but they would be divisional teams in the west. Philly could be possible cause they always seem to need a goalie.

Emerson Etem has not yet been traded by NYR. Trade could happen today. Then again, might not (insert snide remark here). NYR working at it.

Etem requires waivers to go to AHL so that's not likely unless it's on conditioning stint. A few teams have been talking to NYR about Etem.

If he's traded by NYR, a logical landing place could be VAN. Coach Willie Desjardins had Etem in the WHL with Medicine Hat. So we'll see.

Not an option for Buffalo, I would think. Previously trashed the city.

That lasted long...

Alain Vigneault says Emerson Etem has been assigned to AHL for conditioning #NYR

Edited by Hoss

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.