Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

He was joking you hoser.

I'd guess $7.5MM per year and I wouldn't be shocked if it gets to $8MM. 

I was listening to a hockey podcast hosted by a pretty knowledgeable Kings fan recently and he said the working assumption is that Lucic is gone and that the Kings aren't going to try to keep him (for cap reasons -- they like his play but can't afford to keep him).

Alrighty then. I now put more stock in their interest in Byfuglien--can definitely work without Lucic. And while I'm leery of giving Buff a 7 year deal, I'd much rather chance it on him than Lucic.

LeBrun: "From the sources I've spoken to, #LAKings have already indicated their interest" in Dustin Byfuglien to #NHLJets.

Per NHL radio today, Buff is very likely to be retained by the Jets (assuming they can agree on contract terms). The Jets have to choose between keeping Andrew Ladd or Big Buff. And, it sounds like they've chosen Buff. That would make Ladd available at the deadline. Ladd to Anaheim would make some sense. We'll see.

Per NHL radio today, Buff is very likely to be retained by the Jets (assuming they can agree on contract terms). The Jets have to choose between keeping Andrew Ladd or Big Buff. And, it sounds like they've chosen Buff. That would make Ladd available at the deadline. Ladd to Anaheim would make some sense. We'll see.

This is the right call for Winnipeg.  Byfuglien is a difference-maker and periodic force of nature, and Ladd is JAG.

Rumors!

Edited by WildCard

Rumors!

To the bolded: I always find these kind of statements funny. Trades don't usually take place in a vacuum, as there are usually multiple suitors for available players. So in that sense, ALL trade decisions will impact how the deadline plays out, the Jets decisions no different from others.

With 8 d-men on the current team, and with apparently none of them going to Rochester, look for the Sabres to trade one or multiple of them at the deadline. The popular thought is Gorges, Weber, and/or Franson. 

Gorges is the only thing where we would get anything resembling value in return.  Weber and Franson, although nice to have for depth on a good team, will result in a Mitchell type of return.

Gorges is the only thing where we would get anything resembling value in return.  Weber and Franson, although nice to have for depth on a good team, will result in a Mitchell type of return.

Agreed. I'm not really sure what Gorges could fetch. Maybe a 2nd, or a middling prospect?

Coyotes, Canes, Bruins, and Leafs, all teams with two 1st round picks in the 2016 draft

Kings, Pens, Rangers, and Sharks, all teams without a 1st round pick in the 2016 draft

NHL Tonight speculating:

- Galchenyuck could be on the movie. Bergevin said a few weeks earlier he doesn't want to move him

- Wild may feel like they need a shake-up 

- Oilers: has Drasaitl made RNH expendable? What to do with Yak, and Shultz?

Edited by WildCard

Rumors!

As I've said from the start though, McGinn(50%) + 3rd should very much equal a 1st. He's be a quality player at a hair shy of 1.5mil. 

Weber(50%) could equate anywhere from a 3rd to a 5th. Granted you may be able to trade him and a 3rd to get a 2nd if you play your cards right. 

Carlo gets a 5th at best I'd assume.

Legwand could fetch a ?  Honestly I have no clue. 

What is the 50%?

And I could be wrong in Legwand, but I think he's invaluable to a pk unit. I remember the broadcast talking a out how much Ottawa's has gone downhill this year without him

Retained Salary, Takes a percentage of the cap hit.

Then maybe we could get something for Legwand, granted I'd love for him to retire here and work at Harbor Center so that he can continue mentoring younger players.

Retained Salary, Takes a percentage of the cap hit.

Then maybe we could get something for Legwand, granted I'd love for him to retire here and work at Harbor Center so that he can continue mentoring younger players.

Off the top of my head, I doubt McGinn and Weber are such significant cap hits that we would have to retain salary. I'm not sure of a case where a UFA rental requires retaining salary

I love Legwand for his price, pk role, and leadership. I would prefer to retain him, but if not we always have Schaller, who's proven he's no Matt Ellis

Edited by WildCard

thewookie1, on 05 Feb 2016 - 10:51 PM, said:

He's from Detroit, but spent 15 years in Nashville. My guess is that when he retires, he either goes to Detroit, or, back to Nashville.  Personally, I can't imagine anyone who spent 15 years in Nashville not wanting to go back for good.  But that's me.

Rumors!

• Despite the likelihood of it happening, P-A Parenteau doesn’t want to be traded from Toronto.
  • The Penguins could be looking at adding a defenseman by the deadline.
  • Boedker is caught in the crossfire of a negotiation that is not going well. With 24 days left before the NHL’s trade deadline, there has been no movement on a new deal and nothing is imminent, raising the very real possibility that Boedker will not be with the team next season — or even next month.
  • Hudler has been available for a while. Believe Flames want second-round pick
  • The Maple Leafs could decide to move on from Jonathan Bernier, and keep James Reimer.

http://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-rumors-feb-8-boedker-penguins-maple-leafs-and-more/

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.