Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

who's talking about 3 1St Round picks?

If you want to look at stats, one has actually started more then 36 games in a season before, and has more then 2 games experience in the playoffs and has less years playing in the NHL.

the article I was reading suggested Calgary or Arizona, but they would be divisional teams in the west. Philly could be possible cause they always seem to need a goalie.

Using a reasonable set of assumptions (Andersen and Lehner perform at career average and start 60% of remaining games, and Buffalo's shots allowed remains constant), you'd be looking at a whopping under 3 fewer goals allowed by Andersen the rest of the season. Less. Than. Three. But Lehner totes sucks and we should absolutely give up assets for Andersen. Yup, for sure. Edited by TrueBlueGED

Using a reasonable set of assumptions (Andersen and Lehner perform at career average and start 60% of remaining games, and Buffalo's shots allowed remains constant), youd

well...... We're waiting!

Using a reasonable set of assumptions (Andersen and Lehner perform at career average and start 60% of remaining games, and Buffalo's shots allowed remains constant), you'd be looking at a whopping under 3 fewer goals allowed by Andersen the rest of the season. Less. Than. Three. But Lehner totes sucks and we should absolutely give up assets for Andersen. Yup, for sure.

Atta boy.  I knew you could do it.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/craig-custance/insider/post?id=6899

• Finances may also motivate the trade of another impact player, this time in St. Louis, where GM Doug Armstrong will soon be faced with a difficult decision regarding defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk. Multiple sources have said Shattenkirk’s name is in play on the trade front, not because the Blues don’t like him but because they probably can’t afford to keep him when his contract runs out after next season. The Blues are a budget team, and they’re already paying Alex Pietrangelo and Jay Bouwmeester top-pairing salaries on long-term deals. The emergence of a young defenseman like Colton Parayko helps ease the pain of losing Shattenkirk, if that’s the path the Blues decide to take. The challenge is dealing Shattenkirk in the middle of the season when you’re trying to win a Stanley Cup.

“Unless they significantly improve or come out even somewhere else, that’d be a tough deal to make during the season,” said one NHL source. “Is that an area where they can give him up now and improve somewhere else in the lineup? Maybe it is. He’s going to be a good piece for someone if they trade him.”

It’s more reasonable to expect a deal like that to happen in the offseason, but as the Keith Yandle trade proved last year, the return would be greater now because an acquiring team would get two postseasons out of Shattenkirk before his contract expires.

He's a righty but I still think this would be awesome.

I'd move Bouwmeester in a heart beat if I could. I'm not sure what the market would be though.

Absolutely. I can't imagine trading Shattenkirk in order to continue paying Bouwmeester.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/craig-custance/insider/post?id=6899

He's a righty but I still think this would be awesome.

Bogosian plays the type of game they seem to like there...

Bogosian and Carrier to St. Louis for Shattenkirk (E4)

I'm going to keep putting Bogo in trade "proposals" until it happens dammit :lol:

Absolutely. I can't imagine trading Shattenkirk in order to continue paying Bouwmeester.

I'm going to keep putting Bogo in trade "proposals" until it happens dammit :lol:

Well at least I have company on the "maybe it's time to move on from Bogo" train.  Unfortunately I can't imagine Bogo's value being very high or for Murray to unload him anytime soon.

But STL isn't saving much $$ by getting Bogo in return, innit?

Well at least I have company on the "maybe it's time to move on from Bogo" train. Unfortunately I can't imagine Bogo's value being very high or for Murray to unload him anytime soon.

The difference is Bogo doesn't bring to the table what I look for, while his style of play seems to be right up your alley. I'm honestly not sure why you hate him so much.

The difference is Bogo doesn't bring to the table what I look for, while his style of play seems to be right up your alley. I'm honestly not sure why you hate him so much.

I would love the Bogo from last year.  That's not the current Bogo.  Will he come back?  I currently hate him because he's nothing right now: doesn't generate offense much, doesn't move the puck well, and he isn't the big, bad physical defensive presence either.  I really don't know what he currently is.

Really depends what Shattenkirk gets, right? I think he gets in the low-mid $7 million range, which would put savings with Bogo around $2-$2.5 million. That's pretty significant for a mid-cap team.

It's not nothing, but I don't think it moves the needle enough to get STL to make the trade.  I think for STL to unload Shattenkirk for money reasons, they're going to want a promising young defenseman on an ELC -- like, say, McCabe.

It's not nothing, but I don't think it moves the needle enough to get STL to make the trade.  I think for STL to unload Shattenkirk for money reasons, they're going to want a promising young defenseman on an ELC -- like, say, McCabe.

I agree. Looking at the Yandle deal:

John Moore (meh d prospect that hadn't been working), Anthony Duclair (big time forward prospect), 2017 1st and 2015 2nd.

That's a hefty price to pay if they use that as their springboard (I love Yanlde but think Shattenkirk is better).

I agree. Looking at the Yandle deal:

John Moore (meh d prospect that hadn't been working), Anthony Duclair (big time forward prospect), 2017 1st and 2015 2nd.

That's a hefty price to pay if they use that as their springboard (I love Yanlde but think Shattenkirk is better).

In my opinion Shattenkirk is better, but when considering the cost, a run a Yandle would suit this team much better. I don't think we have anything that we'd all be willing to give up for Shattenkirk, but I think we could fit Yandle into our budget. 

In my opinion Shattenkirk is better, but when considering the cost, a run a Yandle would suit this team much better. I don't think we have anything that we'd all be willing to give up for Shattenkirk, but I think we could fit Yandle into our budget.

I don't disagree. Plus Yandle is a lefty.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.