Making SabreSpace more friendly to new posters

nfreeman

I actually lurked on this site for well over a year before I made a profile. I usually just used it as an information source and an interesting source to get different opinions on what may be going on. Honestly, my knowledge compared to most of you is woefully limited and I'm a fan, but not a fanatic. Never really saw a point to posting as I never felt that my voice would contribute all that much to the discussion.

The lack of knowledge and voice not contributing to a discussion isn't important.  Hell, some of the 10k plus posters still do it all the time!!!! :)

But in all honesty, chime in when you can. Ask questions.. learn.. enjoy.

I actually lurked on this site for well over a year before I made a profile. I usually just used it as an information source and an interesting source to get different opinions on what may be going on. Honestly, my knowledge compared to most of you is woefully limited and I'm a fan, but not a fanatic. Never really saw a point to posting as I never felt that my voice would contribute all that much to the discussion.

sickinfla's alter ego...? Wait, is sickinfla banned? :devil:

(Welcome!)

Welcome.

This is a great place to learn about hockey.

Don't be shy.

I try to only be mean to well established posters. 

And Like Panos, you do it well! :w00t:

In my limited time here so far, I've been welcomed with open arms. Sliding into different threads and offering an opinion without derailing existing conversation hasn't led to any sort of backlash or negativity at all. Hell, I've even learned a thing or two from other posters.

You should most definitely post more.

Yeah, but you failed to keep your post count at 39.  You'll have to live with that shame forever... or at least until you hit 3939.

Remember the humor not the shame. Or forgive me then or whatever.

Welcome, and please don't be shy about posting.  Even something basic like "I thought Risto had a great game tonight" is a good post.

Unless you start a new thread for something like that because the new thread police are rather heavy handed.

New posters should be a given a $20 gift card to Consumers Beverage.  :beer:

Greetings everyone!

Very long time lurker and first time poster!  I visit multiple times a day and pretty much read everything.  I definitely have noticed that I share a lot of political and general views with some of you, but not so much others ;) Hint: I'm about as liberal as can be and am a HUGE Bernie supporter.  Plus I live in Ohio, so my presidential vote counts more than most others!  :P 

About myself...I live on the far east side of Columbus, OH, originally from Steuben County, NY (middle of nowhere).  The user name comes from an inside joke between my wife and I.  The far east side of Columbus isn't the nicest area generally and our street is very busy with emergency vehicles, sirens, and house-shaking bass most of the time.  We do have an in ground pool, however, so one day I named our pool the east side oasis and it stuck.  Someday, we'll have a sign made! :w00t:

I was solidly pro-tank and am therefore looking forward to this season and (hopefully) the fruits that begin to grow from the manure of the last couple of seasons.  Did a lot of research and decided on hockeystreams.net and bought a year membership so my family of 4 is ready to go.  I'm not sure how much I'll post or add to the conversations, but I've been wanting to join the fray for awhile.  I'm not the most knowledgeable fan, but I keep up as much as I can.  I'd like to thank you all for many hours of entertainment and :doh:

But overall, GO SABRES!  I can't wait to be competitive again.  It's seemed like a very long time so here's for a very bright future! :beer:

Greetings everyone!

Very long time lurker and first time poster!  I visit multiple times a day and pretty much read everything.  I definitely have noticed that I share a lot of political and general views with some of you, but not so much others ;) Hint: I'm about as liberal as can be and am a HUGE Bernie supporter.  Plus I live in Ohio, so my presidential vote counts more than most others!  :P 

About myself...I live on the far east side of Columbus, OH, originally from Steuben County, NY (middle of nowhere).  The user name comes from an inside joke between my wife and I.  The far east side of Columbus isn't the nicest area generally and our street is very busy with emergency vehicles, sirens, and house-shaking bass most of the time.  We do have an in ground pool, however, so one day I named our pool the east side oasis and it stuck.  Someday, we'll have a sign made! :w00t:

I was solidly pro-tank and am therefore looking forward to this season and (hopefully) the fruits that begin to grow from the manure of the last couple of seasons.  Did a lot of research and decided on hockeystreams.net and bought a year membership so my family of 4 is ready to go.  I'm not sure how much I'll post or add to the conversations, but I've been wanting to join the fray for awhile.  I'm not the most knowledgeable fan, but I keep up as much as I can.  I'd like to thank you all for many hours of entertainment and :doh:

But overall, GO SABRES!  I can't wait to be competitive again.  It's seemed like a very long time so here's for a very bright future! :beer:

I grew up in Steuben County (Bath, NY)! Welcome, EO!

I use to go to the Steuben County fair in Bath every year.  Also went to school in Hammondsport for a time.

Nice! I doubt we overlapped since my parents moved us to PA in late 1989, but it's a pretty small fair from what I recall.

Greetings everyone!

But overall, GO SABRES!  I can't wait to be competitive again.  It's seemed like a very long time so here's for a very bright future!

Welcome!  I'm happy you're here.  I'd like to think my decidedly progressive points of view inspired you to post.  This place really hums when we're talking hockey (I'm mostly listening).  I share your enthusiasm!  Chime in early and often.

Edited by Neo

Don't forget to pay me your membership dues.

The check is in the mail. I put it in a Publisher's Clearing House envelope (or was it a car dealership envelope with a fake key included? I forget)

Besides I thought the fee was waived if I changed my profile pic from the dreaded Connolly default before posting? ????

s

Ah yes, the esteemed county seat. Went to the fair many times and my mom worked in Bath for many years.

My high school, although much smaller, had quite a rivalry with Bath in boys soccer for a few years.

Thanks for the welcome!

Josie and I were just in Hammondsport today. What was it like living there?

I use to go to the Steuben County fair in Bath every year. Also went to school in Hammondsport for a time.

I always enjoyed Hammondsport except of course when we played them in basketball. I spent a couple weeks every summer in a cottage on keuka lake, which was very enjoyable. The finger lakes is one of the things I miss most about home. I always bring some wine home to Ohio when I visit my family in ny.

Welcome! I'm happy you're here. I'd like to think my decidedly progressive points of view inspired you to post. This place really hums when we're talking hockey (I'm mostly listening). I share your enthusiasm! Chime in early and often.

I do read your posts. I think we disagree on the definition of "progressive" however (supposed to be a smiley face but I'm using my phone and it's not cooperating).

Edited by EastsideOasis

The check is in the mail. I put it in a Publisher's Clearing House envelope (or was it a car dealership envelope with a fake key included? I forget)

Besides I thought the fee was waived if I changed my profile pic from the dreaded Connolly default before posting?

No, just discounted.

Greetings everyone!

Hullo fellow Ohioan! Ah hell I'm not really an Ohioan anymore. I do miss making a difference with my vote, though.

My sis and most of the people I knew from high school live in Columbus/area.

Welcome to posting! 

Let's just say Keuka Lake is probably one of the most beautiful places on earth.

Let's just say it has me wondering if I can just freelance for my company and quit my other location dependent jobs... 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.