Now Do You Believe? ( Nine Years Ago Today)

That Aud Smell

Hat tip to someone on the Twitter who shouted this out to the WGR guys.

(One small aside: Much as I love Rob Ray (as a lovable big-hearted lug) - I miss Lorentz every time I hear him. Listen to him on that color in the midst of an incredibly exciting moment - cool, analytical, spot on.)

We lost many things in the last 9 years.  Lorentz retired, Drury and Briere, Pominville, Ruff etc... but I believe we will emerge from the ashes stronger.  

Now do you believe is one of my favorite Sabres memories and I want Rick to have a chance to say it 1 more time. 

We lost many things in the last 9 years.  Lorentz retired, Drury and Briere, Pominville, Ruff etc... but I believe we will emerge from the ashes stronger.  

Now do you believe is one of my favorite Sabres memories and I want Rick to have a chance to say it 1 more time. 

In a nod to the imperfection of us all -- I never, even in that moment, liked the "scary good" line.

Edited by That Aud Smell

In a nod to the imperfection of us all -- I never, even in that moment, liked the "scary good" line.

Thanks for the opening. I never liked "Now do you believe" and "there's room on the believers bandwagon" after Game Six against Carolina. Rick has spoken of how that team was not expected to do anything, in fact was picked to finish last in the division by one of the national media guys. Well, throw it in that guy's face then. I didn't liked that message being delivered to the fans. Well, some deserved it, I guess.

Thanks for the opening. I never liked "Now do you believe" and "there's room on the believers bandwagon" after Game Six against Carolina. Rick has spoken of how that team was not expected to do anything, in fact was picked to finish last in the division by one of the national media guys. Well, throw it in that guy's face then. I didn't liked that message being delivered to the fans. Well, some deserved it, I guess.

Yeah, Jennearet's a joke and just a mouthpiece for a corrupt organization using the fans for revenue.

:rolleyes:

Bandwagon doesn't have to have a negative connotation.

That series was my favorite Sabres moment since I was a kid.

I'm not as old as everyone and started really watching the Sabres starting at age 6 in 1991.  Game 1 of that Ottawa series is still the best and most fun hockey game I have ever seen (Sabres or otherwise).

And you guys took his bait, hook, line, sinker, and pole.  

Wasn't Jason Pominville the first NHL rookie to score a series clinching OT short handed goal in NHL history?  

Only on a Thursday night when the temperature was over 50 degrees and the Rolling Stones were currently touring.

I'm not as old as everyone and started really watching the Sabres starting at age 6 in 1991.  Game 1 of that Ottawa series is still the best and most fun hockey game I have ever seen (Sabres or otherwise).

Still the best 10 minutes of a game I've ever watched. 

And you guys took his bait, hook, line, sinker, and pole.

Wasn't Jason Pominville the first NHL rookie to score a series clinching OT short handed goal in NHL history?

I believe he was actually the first NHL player, regardless of how much league experience, to do that.

Still get chills and a tear watching that.

I believe he was actually the first NHL player, regardless of how much league experience, to do that.

Still get chills and a tear watching that.

Yep.  That goal and the Drury goal to tie it late against the Rags really capitulates the last excitement we've had as Sabres fans.

Ya know what, I've spent a bit of time thinking about this, and Aud has changed my mind on this one. I had never put it together like that. Thank you, You Honour.

But does Virginia still believe? Bonus Internet points for anyone who remembers that call.

Ya know what, I've spent a bit of time thinking about this, and Aud has changed my mind on this one. I had never put it together like that. Thank you, You Honour.

Well, you're welcome. And I will say: I didn't realize how I understood the call until you posited your prior view of it.

Yay, Internet!

Edited by That Aud Smell

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.