dudacek

By the way, if anyone needs to know how to beat this, I can post the technique.  Extremely easy.  No fraud involved.

My way:  I have Chrome, Firefox, and Explorer all installed on my work machine.  That's 30 articles / month that I split between the business and sports sections.  I don't need more than that, and I get my national and international news from bbc.co.uk.

Football and hockey are different beasts.  The Bills'll be fine because: Rex Ryan.  Nothing of the sort occured when TP took over the Sabres, just status quo + Ville and Ehrhoff.

True the coaching is different. But we still haven't addressed the most important position on the field/ice, and we went out in FA and overspent in order to hopefully supplement our lack of skill at that position. It's not a far stretch to think McCoy = Ehroff, Clay = Leino

True the coaching is different. But we still haven't addressed the most important position on the field/ice, and we went out in FA and overspent in order to hopefully supplement our lack of skill at that position. It's not a far stretch to think McCoy = Ehroff, Clay = Leino

Ok.  What would you have done to get a QB?  It's easier to win in the NFL without a franchise QB (so long as your defense is disgusting) than it is to win in the NHL with 1.5 centers.

My way:  I have Chrome, Firefox, and Explorer all installed on my work machine.  That's 30 articles / month that I split between the business and sports sections.  I don't need more than that, and I get my national and international news from bbc.co.uk.

And then you probably have a smart phone and probably another computer or tablet at home.  That's a ton of reading options if you really need them.

Ok.  What would you have done to get a QB?  It's easier to win in the NFL without a franchise QB (so long as your defense is disgusting) than it is to win in the NHL with 1.5 centers.

Am I saying what they did was wrong? No, but there are similarities. The outcomes could be very different

Am I saying what they did was wrong? No, but there are similarities. The outcomes could be very different

Yeah I don't know why I jumped on you.  I'm just having trouble comparing the two sports and/or relating the situations.

Another part might be that my brain can't take the possibility that the Bills are where the Sabres were in 2011 after all the suffering we were just subjected to in both leagues.

No it's not a far stretch.  I think the big difference is in who is making the decisions.  Regier was a poor GM.  I don't think Whaley is.  As per usual time will tell though.

I haven't tried it (I'd be hard-pressed to find more than 10 articles to read), but it's very possible that browsing the News in Private/Incognito/whatever-IE-calls-it mode would defeat the tracking too.

Yeah I don't know why I jumped on you. I'm just having trouble comparing the two sports and/or relating the situations.

Stand your ground. The original post was nonsensical, meaningless comparison that looks nice on a message board, but has no bearing on the future of the Bills.

Might as well compare a yellow sun and a yellow lemon and imply your garden will grow with 15 hours of exposure to a basket of lemons.

Stand your ground. The original post was nonsensical, meaningless comparison that looks nice on a message board, but has no bearing on the future of the Bills.

Might as well compare a yellow sun and a yellow lemon and imply your garden will grow with 15 hours of exposure to a basket of lemons.

Stand my ground against WC?  It was Dwight's post.

In Harrington's Article he mentions how he would like to ask questions about GMTM's Vision for player usage next season. Why would Murray go on record about his vision for the team next year prior to hiring a new HC? The second the new HC says something different than Murray TBN will write ten articles how the Murray and he are not on the same page

In Harrington's Article he mentions how he would like to ask questions about GMTM's Vision for player usage next season. Why would Murray go on record about his vision for the team next year prior to hiring a new HC? The second the new HC says something different than Murray TBN will write ten articles how the Murray and he are not on the same page

Because Harrington is a dips##t

Edited by LGR4GM

Or what players will be on the team next year. Trades, FA, NHL vs. AHL. What a stupid question to ask the GM.

By all means SDS, explain how they're different.

Are you asking me to explain to you the differences between football and hockey? Between a group of 50 football players and a separate group of 20 hockey players? Between one set of coaches in football and one set of coaches in hockey?

Nevermind. They are exactly the same. Expect the same exact results. The correlation and subsequent inevitability of events are crystal clear. :doh:

Clearly. What I'm asking you to do is detail the differences in Pegulas first year of ownership with each team. I see the same strategy applied to two different sports. As for your last paragraph, go ahead and read the multiple occasions where I say the results may be different.

Edited by WildCard

It's going to be remembered. For example, hockey fans haven't let the Penguins forget what they did, and one of the tanks came during Reagan's first term. I don't know about stained. But when the Sabres win a Cup, it's not like people are going to have amnesia.

If memory serves, the Colts obviously tanked for Andrew Luck ("Suck for Luck"), and that was even worse because there was no lottery process--if they finished last, it was a guarantee they'd get Luck.  Yet, with the Colts now perennial playoff participants and projecting to be a Super Bowl favorite, I hear nothing about tanking.  Even at the time, there was very little discussion nationally of there being something wrong with what the Colts were doing. 

In the NBA, the Spurs openly tanked to improve their chances of landing Tim Duncan.  They did get him and promptly won the title, followed by several more.  In the last ten years, have you ever once--just once--heard anyone complain about the Spurs tanking?  I have not. 

As others have mentioned, the Penguins arguably tanked TWICE to get two generational players, Lemieux and Crosby.  Again, never heard anyone complain about this after the Pens won their last cup, or at any point since.

Outside of baseball, where first round picks are devalued due to the unpredictability associated with player development, tanking has been a part of American sports for decades.  Nobody cares.  It only became an issue in Buffalo because of a fluky set of circumstances (two generational players in one draft, a draft system that guaranteed us one of them but only if we finished last, a historically terrible team that was surprisingly rivaled by other equally terrible teams, fans deciding to cheer against their team).  Even that will quickly be forgotten.

Would you rather have finished second last and ended up with Dylan Strome?  I think not.  Enjoy Eichel.  Live a little.

Clearly. What I'm asking you to do is detail the differences in Pegulas first year of ownership with each team. I see the same strategy applied to two different sports. As for your last paragraph, go ahead and read the multiple occasions where I say the results may be different.

To what end? Shall I also the detail the orange growing season in CA and compare that to raising chickens in Arkansas? If the two scenarios are completely uncorrelated why would anyone attempt such folly?

Regardless, my posts were addressing the original suggestion that the two were linked. Much like the suggestion that Lindy and pedophilia were linked by the same person.

If memory serves, the Colts obviously tanked for Andrew Luck ("Suck for Luck"), and that was even worse because there was no lottery process--if they finished last, it was a guarantee they'd get Luck.  Yet, with the Colts now perennial playoff participants and projecting to be a Super Bowl favorite, I hear nothing about tanking.  Even at the time, there was very little discussion nationally of there being something wrong with what the Colts were doing. 

In the NBA, the Spurs openly tanked to improve their chances of landing Tim Duncan.  They did get him and promptly won the title, followed by several more.  In the last ten years, have you ever once--just once--heard anyone complain about the Spurs tanking?  I have not. 

As others have mentioned, the Penguins arguably tanked TWICE to get two generational players, Lemieux and Crosby.  Again, never heard anyone complain about this after the Pens won their last cup, or at any point since.

Outside of baseball, where first round picks are devalued due to the unpredictability associated with player development, tanking has been a part of American sports for decades.  Nobody cares.  It only became an issue in Buffalo because of a fluky set of circumstances (two generational players in one draft, a draft system that guaranteed us one of them but only if we finished last, a historically terrible team that was surprisingly rivaled by other equally terrible teams, fans deciding to cheer against their team).  Even that will quickly be forgotten.

Would you rather have finished second last and ended up with Dylan Strome?  I think not.  Enjoy Eichel.  Live a little.

You know what I hear all the time down here in the South... "Buffalo has never won a national championship in anything but the Carolina Hurricanes have Stanley Cup, HAHA suck it Buffalo"

No one gives a about the tank. 

This item from the article also annoyed me.  Half of the teams in the NHL were still playing when he wrote this.  Those teams obviously haven't had end-of-season pressers yet.  So how can he assert that the Sabres are the only team not to have one? 

It's sloppy and lazy writing -- which, unfortunately, is par for the course with this writer.

For the second time in four years, the Sabres have refused to have an end-of-season session with reporters. They are the only NHL team, playoff qualifier or not, to not hold such a gathering. They are the only team to refuse to answer questions about the coming offseason.

This item from the article also annoyed me.  Half of the teams in the NHL were still playing when he wrote this.  Those teams obviously haven't had end-of-season pressers yet.  So how can he assert that the Sabres are the only team not to have one? 

It's sloppy and lazy writing -- which, unfortunately, is par for the course with this writer.

"They are the only team to refuse to answer questions about the coming offseason."

Is just as bad. They refused to hold a press conference, not answer questions.

Ok, I finally got around to reading it.  Why does a column that is nothing more than a petty feud between the Snews and the team make it to print?  I can't imagine why they would think people want to read this tripe.

well, since they didn't have a PC, there was nothing to write about. Thus, the anger.

I don't have that notion. All I want it to be is a friendly feature piece on how things are looking up in Buffalo, not an investigation of him. It's nice to get some national media in Buffalo, and IMO we deserve it, because it's not a stretch to say Buffalo is improving/exciting.

I just don't see the surprise or rarity in a billionaire not living in a glass house. 

I don't want an investigation either. What's there to investigate? But I think any remotely journalistic approach to the story should at least touch on the fracking controversy and the state of the team and fanbase the last two seasons.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.