Your Profession - Maybe There Are Connections To Be Made!

CallawaySabres

Video game designer/animator (nickelodeon, disney, nintendo), adjunct professor, and freelancer for illustration. Currently scaling back the freelance... Been pulling too many all nighters for not enough money. Amateur klutzy wannabe acrobat going to run away to join the circus soon. Seems like a good career option. 

Edited by Josie914

Video game designer (nickelodeon, disney, nintendo), adjunct professor, and freelancer for illustration. Currently scaling back the freelance... Been pulling too many all nighters for not enough money. Amateur klutzy wannabe acrobat going to run away to join the circus soon. Seems like a good career option. 

You know the old cliche: Those who can't do teach, and those who can't teach run off to join the circus as a trapeze act...  :P

(Just  kidding we love your work!)

You know the old cliche: Those who can't do teach, and those who can't teach run off to join the circus as a trapeze act...  :P

(Just  kidding we love your work!)

Hah!

But yeah, trust me, this one echoes in my head all night as I scroll through facebook and see my friends making money and buying houses and just kicking life's ass.... 

And hey, trapeze is awesome! Pretty cool office to have  :P

Hah!

But yeah, trust me, this one echoes in my head all night as I scroll through facebook and see my friends making money and buying houses and just kicking life's ass.... 

And hey, trapeze is awesome! Pretty cool office to have  :P

Never confuse money with success.

You and d4rk are 2 of the neatest people I know, and I have never met you. You can't put a price on being stand-up and experiencing life.....but eventually "The American Dream" will be on the clearance shelf.

I am a 20 year member of a local trade union. Mine is the one that builds your high rise and bridges. Or anything really big for that matter. I serve my organization as an officer, apprentice/journeyman instructor, OSHA trainer AND I still work in the field. With the tools and the men. Meetings, classes and work leave me with little free time. I don't post much because I'm usually exhausted. I feel a duty to do all these things because it is such a dangerous trade. People deserve to be well trained to keep themselves safe. We owe it to their families, the trade and those that hire us. I feel a duty to make every person I train the best of the best. I feel a need to make every project I'm on the best of the best. Old farm boys like me wouldn't have it any other way!   

I encourage all young people to give us a look as a career. We will train you. We will expect a high level of excellence from you. We will send you out to do some of the hardest yet coolest work you could ever do. Every day is an adventure.         We will  give you health care, annuity and a pension. You will also have no problem with being tired enough to sleep. :P   Most guys retire by 55 so we are always looking for smart hard working people. I can actually see the end of my career coming in 12 years! :beer:    

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.