With Kane at #9, how would you feel if Eichel took....#99

dejeanneret

It'd be great!  No one of significance has ever worn that number so it's certainly Jack Eichel's ball to run with.  What are everyone's thoughts on possibly # 999?  No player has yet to venture out into the 100's but I feel like Jack has the machismo and moxie to take that step!

Gerry Meehan takes offense to that.   :lol:  For the youngins', Meehan scored a goal against the Flyers in the last game of one of the early years(71-72?), that knocked the Flyers out of the playoffs.  How did that taste Clarksie? LOL

[edited]WOW...I found this video of the goal described above.  Look at the awesome crowd reaction.  Chet & Muffy got into the game back in the day.   

Edited by LabattBlue

Gerry Meehan takes offense to that.   :lol:  For the youngins', Meehan scored a goal against the Flyers in the last game of one of the early years(71-72?), that knocked the Flyers out of the playoffs.  How did that taste Clarksie? LOL

[edited]WOW...I found this video of the goal described above.  Look at the awesome crowd reaction.  Chet & Muffy got into the game back in the day.   

I was at that game.  We were all chanting Let's go Penguins for the last 10 minutes, as the Sabres victory pushed them past the Flyers.  Great game.

I'm going to guess Eichel takes #15 as it's a number he has worn in the past and because of the draft year.

img-169484-m_1.jpg

Draft year. Makes sense.

Not unlike how Ric Seiling chose #16 because he was selected 16th overall (and, yes, the player picked 17th that year became an all-time (ALL time) great).

Gerry Meehan takes offense to that. :lol: For the youngins', Meehan scored a goal against the Flyers in the last game of one of the early years(71-72?), that knocked the Flyers out of the playoffs. How did that taste Clarksie? LOL

[edited]WOW...I found this video of the goal described above. Look at the awesome crowd reaction. Chet & Muffy got into the game back in the day.

Just, too, awesome. I was ten. Must've been a weekend game. I was with family visiting cousins in South Buffalo. I spent a good part of the evening hanging out and walking the neighborhood. We went back to my cousin's room to listen to the game. Of course, we all remember the goal. Philadelphia would get its revenge, soon.

And how about the dulcet Milt Ellis in the background ... as always.

Him: "It's alright, officer, I'm Pastor Fuzz! Get it, Pastor Fuzz ?!!?"

Me: "Huh?"

Rest in peace, Mark ....

Edited by Neo

Draft year. Makes sense.

Not unlike how Ric Seiling chose #16 because he was selected 16th overall (and, yes, the player picked 17th that year became an all-time (ALL time) great).

I looked up the 77 draft and it shows Seiling was drafted 14th overall and Bossy 15th. I was 5 years old so I don't really know which it was. Not trying to be a #**#, just curious if there was something different in the draft positions.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftsearch.htm?year=1977&team=&position=&round=

Edited by kishoph

Imagine how many points #11 finishes with if that comes to pass.

I just stirred up a few other threads by posting:

1). The difference between McDavid and Eichel is like the difference between Bossy and Seiling, and;

2). GMTM believes the difference etc., etc.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.