The Jack Eichel thread.

LGR4GM

Buffalo News Road to the Draft: Jack Eichel

"Eichel has never wasted time proving himself. As a 15-year-old member of the U.S. National Team Development Program, he stepped in and led the team in scoring despite being two years younger than most players. The next year at age 16, he led USA Hockey’s under-18 team. This season, Eichel walked onto the campus of Boston University as an untested freshman and walked off with the Hobey Baker award as the nation’s top collegiate player. He followed that by excelling at the world championships, his first competition against professional players."

It's to a point where I favor Jack over Conner, it's because of his showing at the Worlds.

For those in the WNY Area who are looking for The Hockey News with Eichel on the cover Wegmans on Niagara Falls Blvd in Amherst has about seven copies left

As this is about a half hour drive for me, is there anybody that might be willing to pick one up for me? We could arrange some type of dropoff/pickup/payment via DM if anybody would be willing.

The more I think about what I saw from Jack Eichel at the World Championships - the more I think as the kid gets bigger and stronger and more experienced - and he's already great - there aren't going to be many defensemen in the whole league who can handle him. He's going to eat team's third pairing defenses for lunch. Teams are going to have to work hard to try to line match against him - especially when the Sabres are at home. Can you imagine Eichel and Kane cycling the puck?

Then, if teams can get a matchup against Eichel - here comes Reinhart, except with more muscle and more experience than he has now.

Yes, I believe we are going to soon be entering the golden age of Sabres hockey, despite what has happened in the last 45 years.

Eich like Kariya?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=768823

http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_news.htm?id=76882

"Do you know how unbelievable that's going to be at the NHL level?" Granato said. "Within two years at the NHL level, he's going to be the most explosive guy in the League. What Jack's got will flourish even more at the next level.

link dead. I reposted. 

Eichel met with Sabres this Afternoon.

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/06/02/jack-eichel-on-interview-with-sabres-it-was-a-lot-of-fun/

“It’s nice to be here,” said Eichel, who arrived Monday. “The odds are that I’ll be selected here, so I’m just trying to get a feel for the city. It was nice to meet the management and see coach Bylsma again. It’s really good. I’ve been enjoying myself.”

Eichel played for the U.S. world championship team this spring, and Bylsma -- hired by the Sabres last week -- was an assistant coach.

“It was nice to get to know him and it was nice that he got the job,” Eichel said. “We did a few video sessions together. I think he’s a really good hockey guy, and I’d love to play for him.”

Eichel met with Sabres this Afternoon.

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/06/02/jack-eichel-on-interview-with-sabres-it-was-a-lot-of-fun/

“It’s nice to be here,” said Eichel, who arrived Monday. “The odds are that I’ll be selected here, so I’m just trying to get a feel for the city. It was nice to meet the management and see coach Bylsma again. It’s really good. I’ve been enjoying myself.”

Eichel played for the U.S. world championship team this spring, and Bylsma -- hired by the Sabres last week -- was an assistant coach.

“It was nice to get to know him and it was nice that he got the job,” Eichel said. “We did a few video sessions together. I think he’s a really good hockey guy, and I’d love to play for him.”

I like the fact he acknowledges the situation rather than pretend he doesn't know who will select him and act as though he is just hoping to be drafted at all 

Good article considering it's form Boston, thanks for the link.

"I really believe Jack Eichel would be the first pick in any draft since Crosby." - @CraigJButton. I never get tired of hearing that - TC

Neither do I  :beer:

Apparently Eichel called out Murray for being disappointed about losing the lottery in his interview with the Sabres, and said that he'll be the better player between him and Connor. Love this guy.

And he and McDavid met for the first time yesterday.

Good for him.

Really looking forward to the Eichel era.

Seriously, that's awesome. Is there anybody left on the planet who is worried about him going back to college? No way a kid competitive enough to do that is going back.

Murray said the same thing in his interview with WGR today. Something like "If he wants to prove he's better, then you do it at the NHL level, not in college"

Apparently Eichel called out Murray for being disappointed about losing the lottery in his interview with the Sabres, and said that he'll be the better player between him and Connor. Love this guy.

And he and McDavid met for the first time yesterday.

I want an Eichel jersey. Greatly wanted one before, now even more.

I wish we knew what number he is going to use..

I was just as pleased to hear Murray's response to that. I'm beginning to drink the koolaid and think we just may have something extremely special on our hands in Sabreland - finally.

Surprised nobody posted this. The interview on GR yesterday with Murray and so much about Jack. Murray interviews are gold! I like the way he ticks. And explaining the lottery to Jack is great. And saying he loved that Jack says he will be better than McDavid. "He should say that" Awesome stuff here for anyone that hasn't heard it. 

http://media.wgr550.com/a/106130101/6-4-sabres-gm-tim-murray-loves-halo.htm

Uh-oh, Morey Gare with HH right now wouldn't commit to picking McDavid first. Said Eichel gave them an impressive interview.  Is talking more about Eichel than McDavid in this interview so far...