The Jack Eichel thread.

LGR4GM

Nice article. The strength testing quoted below was sometime before this article was published. I believe he's stronger now which is why I maintain he will be our strongest forward the minute he reports. I doubt anyone coming out this year is as strong. And to think he moves the way he does. 

On the latest round of strength testing, he front-squatted 320 pounds, cleaned 335 pounds, had a close-grip bench press of 250 pounds, a pull-up max of 25 reps, and body fat percentage of 6.3 percent.

GO SABRES!!!

YoloInOhio posted this on Off The Wall over at TBD. Thought I'd share. Yes, Jeremy White is definitely biased, but so am I! Can't get enough of this stuff. Russia was a great test for the kid, especially. We are gonna love him here. 

http://www.wgr550.com/JW-Eichel-Watch/21470136

GO SABRES!!!

Good stuff, thanx for posting.

Good stuff, thanks.

YoloInOhio posted this on Off The Wall over at TBD. Thought I'd share. Yes, Jeremy White is definitely biased, but so am I! Can't get enough of this stuff. Russia was a great test for the kid, especially. We are gonna love him here. 

http://www.wgr550.com/JW-Eichel-Watch/21470136

GO SABRES!!!

Those gifs were amazing, exactly the highlights that show what kind of player Eichel is. He looked incredible in that game; so strong on the puck, and his vision is great.

Good stuff, thanks.

Those gifs were amazing, exactly the highlights that show what kind of player Eichel is. He looked incredible in that game; so strong on the puck, and his vision is great.

Not bad for a guy that likes to loaf in his own end. 

GO SABRES!!!

Not bad for a guy that likes to loaf in his own end. 

GO SABRES!!!

I was blown away when I watched Eichel against Norway, and still thought he needed to be more aggressive away from the puck in the D-zone.  It's possible to highlight flaws in his game without declaring him a bust or insinuating that he's lazy.

Edited by qwksndmonster

Thanks for sharing the video. 

Can we stop with this incessant bickering about coast in D end v. conserving energy non-coast? It is like two obnoxious parents arguing about their parenting style. Nitpicking about whatever they can find in hopes of perfecting the kid (overbearing father) v. blindly accepting him as perfect (Momma's boy). And this after 3 games against pros. 

Take it easy guys. And enjoy. 

Can we stop with this incessant bickering about coast in D end v. conserving energy non-coast? It is like two obnoxious parents arguing about their parenting style. Nitpicking about whatever they can find in hopes of perfecting the kid (overbearing father) v. blindly accepting him as perfect (Momma's boy). And this after 3 games against pros. 

It was literally the only fault I found in the kid's game.  I WON'T TAKE IT EASY

It's hardly nitpicking when you're evaluating his game. Nitpicking would be "he shot blocked but should have shot glove." 

I was blown away when I watched Eichel against Norway, and still thought he needed to be more aggressive away from the puck in the D-zone.  It's possible to highlight flaws in his game without declaring him a bust or insinuating that he's lazy.

I'm well aware of this. I was attempting to inject some levity into the discussion. Sorry if that offended. 

GO SABRES!!!

The kid is 18. Enough of the talk of coasting in his own zone. The kid with coaching is going to be a star. He is strong and his speed is at another level when he turns it on. Get those jerseys ready for sale because their will be a lot of people buying his jersey in the blue and gold including myself.

Nice article. The strength testing quoted below was sometime before this article was published. I believe he's stronger now which is why I maintain he will be our strongest forward the minute he reports. I doubt anyone coming out this year is as strong. And to think he moves the way he does. 

GO SABRES!!!

Any time you have a prospect who has trained with Mike Boyle, you are going to get one of the strongest guys out there.  I doubt the name is very well known, but it definitely is around the Boston college hockey circles.  I know I saw his name pop up in some recent Eichel stories, so with seeing that, it is a very safe bet that strength will always be one of the main assets that Eichel will bring to the game for the next 15 years.

Any time you have a prospect who has trained with Mike Boyle, you are going to get one of the strongest guys out there.  I doubt the name is very well known, but it definitely is around the Boston college hockey circles.  I know I saw his name pop up in some recent Eichel stories, so with seeing that, it is a very safe bet that strength will always be one of the main assets that Eichel will bring to the game for the next 15 years.

He really is unbelievably strong. I really think he'll outscore McDavid his first few years in the league. 

The kid is 18. Enough of the talk of coasting in his own zone. The kid with coaching is going to be a star. He is strong and his speed is at another level when he turns it on. Get those jerseys ready for sale because their will be a lot of people buying his jersey in the blue and gold including myself.

Yep,  Only waiting to find out what number he is going to wear.

I hope this is right.  I've been fooled once by the Gary Roberts name drop in the past.