2015 NHL Playoffs -- Round 1

Hoss

NYI manage only 11 shots in Game 7.

What's with the skates?  They seem to shed blades easily these days.

Yeah I feel like I've never seen that before this year, and seen it two or three times now...?

Tampa gets a 5th goal.  This baby goes to Game 7.

So... can the NHL give us a start date for Round 2 games now???  Was the uncertainty of TB-DET really holding them back from deciding when to start the West?  Well, maybe.

NYI manage only 11 shots in Game 7.

Yeah I feel like I've never seen that before this year, and seen it two or three times now...?

So... can the NHL give us a start date for Round 2 games now???  Was the uncertainty of TB-DET really holding them back from deciding when to start the West?  Well, maybe.

I think these new skates have pop-out blades for quick changes rather than filing an edge in the heat of battle.  Something isn't ironed out there and they seem to fall out easily.  Kind of like these sticks.  I've said for a long time that defenders on the PK should use wooden sticks, if they can find someone who still makes them!

Not sure about Round 2 start time.  No updates as of yet.

I think these new skates have pop-out blades for quick changes rather than filing an edge in the heat of battle.  Something isn't ironed out there and they seem to fall out easily.  Kind of like these sticks.  I've said for a long time that defenders on the PK should use wooden sticks, if they can find someone who still makes them!

Not sure about Round 2 start time.  No updates as of yet.

The problem is that blades are a lot harder now in order to hold an edge, but that also makes them more brittle. Plus on the Bauers they're using "Fusion Steel" which is aluminum bonded to steel to make the blade lighter. I don't know what that does to the durability but I can't imagine it's better than just a solid piece of stainless. The new Tuuk's Bauer is putting on all their skates is a brilliant system. There can be defects, like anything, but overall it works very well. That trigger is super convenient. 

Gotcha. Thanks  :beer:

No problem.  We have to see what happens with Calgary, Detroit, and Minnesota and who advances to conference finals.

The pick would go from 21 (now) to 18-20 depending on how things play out.

Not a bad draft slot, but not certain to net anyone special either. 

Still a lot better than a kick in the teeth though!

:beer:

The problem is that blades are a lot harder now in order to hold an edge, but that also makes them more brittle. Plus on the Bauers they're using "Fusion Steel" which is aluminum bonded to steel to make the blade lighter. I don't know what that does to the durability but I can't imagine it's better than just a solid piece of stainless. The new Tuuk's Bauer is putting on all their skates is a brilliant system. There can be defects, like anything, but overall it works very well. That trigger is super convenient. 

Interesting, thanks for the info.  I haven't bought a new pair of skates in quite a long time.  

No problem. We have to see what happens with Calgary, Detroit, and Minnesota and who advances to conference finals.

The pick would go from 21 (now) to 18-20 depending on how things play out.

Not a bad draft slot, but not certain to net anyone special either.

Still a lot better than a kick in the teeth though!

:beer:

Interesting, thanks for the info. I haven't bought a new pair of skates in quite a long time.

You should go check some out just for fun. You won't believe how light they are now.

Yeah, my Bauers have a quick release trigger thing on them to take the blades off, maybe that has something to do with it.

Hey SabreSpace,someone set me straight. Is it Zidlicky? Or Shed-lit-ski?

Zid lits kee.

In the Slavic languages, the C is pronounced like "TS" which is why you see czar spelled as tsar once in a while - the C is transliterated as a TS.  My surname (Polish) is like that - ends in -cki and usually the last syllable is pronounced KEE, but in Polish it is pronounced TSKEE.

Finally, some semblance of a 2nd round schedule is announced: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=765430&navid=nhl:topheads

We are due for a new thread at some point soon.

Finally, some semblance of a 2nd round schedule is announced: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=765430&navid=nhl:topheads

We are due for a new thread at some point soon.

Yuck... NHL continues to mess it up by overlapping the two Western Conference games on Sunday evening....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.