2015 NHL Playoffs -- Round 1

Hoss

Incorrect.  Read up on it.  If it's obvious at the dot, then it's done.  If it's not--and it wasn't--it should be the regular contest.  This is hybrid icing, not no-touch.

I'm not finding anything indicating this. From what I remember the "hybrid" is because there's still an actual "race." No-touch is when they just blow it once it crosses the line regardless.

Anybody have any links to clarify? I'm probably wrong here.

Gudlevskis would be the obvious choice.

I just want Murray to go Skiing.  Not sure the price but maybe a 2nd round pick could convince them.

I'm not finding anything indicating this. From what I remember the "hybrid" is because there's still an actual "race." No-touch is when they just blow it once it crosses the line regardless.

Anybody have any links to clarify? I'm probably wrong here.

I believe you are correct.  It is a race to the dot.  

Read that. Doesn't indicate that what you're saying is true.

This is exhausting.  From the link:

The hybrid-icing system allows the linesman to blow the play dead and call an automatic icing if he determines that the puck will cross the goal line and the defending player is not behind in the race to the end-zone faceoff dots in his defensive zone. The faceoff would go to the far end of the ice as it did with icings called in the previous system the NHL used.

If the attacking player is leading the race, the linesman is supposed to allow the play to continue.

Now, the play wasn't blown dead at the dots, was it?  So the linesman ###### up.

Or you can just google "hybrid icing" or "new NHL icing" or something.

Edited by Eleven

This is exhausting.  From the link:

The hybrid-icing system allows the linesman to blow the play dead and call an automatic icing if he determines that the puck will cross the goal line and the defending player is not behind in the race to the end-zone faceoff dots in his defensive zone. The faceoff would go to the far end of the ice as it did with icings called in the previous system the NHL used.

If the attacking player is leading the race, the linesman is supposed to allow the play to continue.

Now, the play wasn't blown dead at the dots, was it?  So the linesman ###### up.

Or you can just google "hybrid icing" or "new NHL icing" or something.

That still doesn't say what you're claiming to be true. You claim that "And that was a ###### icing call.  They were neck-and-neck at the circle, and TB touched first."

There is nothing in that link that supports this claim.

As I understand it it simply comes down to who is first to the dot. If it's the offensive player then the play goes on. If it's the defender it's blown dead.

I've googled it plenty. Everything I've seen this season and everything I've read tonight support my thought that touching is completely irrelevant now.

Edited by Hoss

That still doesn't say what you're claiming to be true. You claim that "And that was a ###### icing call.  They were neck-and-neck at the circle, and TB touched first."

There is nothing in that link that supports this claim.

As I understand it it simply comes down to who is first to the dot. If it's the offensive player then the play goes on. If it's the defender it's blown dead.

I've googled it plenty. Everything I've seen this season and everything I've read tonight support my thought that touching is completely irrelevant now.

They were neck-and-neck at the dot. I should have written "dot" instead of "circle." The linesman did not blow the play when they were at the dot, either.

I don't know what else I can say here.

name="Eleven" post="687501" timestamp="1430360171"]

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=684940

From rule 81.1

For clarification, the determining factor is which player would first touch the puck, not which player would first reach the end zone face- off dots.

If the race for the puck is too close to determine by the time the first player reaches the end zone face-off dots, icing shall be called.

Hmm, Milbury must think Babcock is going to end up in Buffalo as he's already taking shots at him calling him "sourpuss". I guess you're supposed to be all happy and smiles right after being bounced from the playoffs. I really hope Milbury ends up in Boston just so I don't have to listen to his BS anymore.

They were neck-and-neck at the dot. I should have written "dot" instead of "circle." The linesman did not blow the play when they were at the dot, either.

I don't know what else I can say here.

See Taro's post above. Touching is irrelevant.

Dammit I wish I could just show this play. You'd get it. I also wish I could sleep.

I think you are now arguing something separate. The call may have been wrong -- I'm not saying otherwise. I'm just saying that touching is not relevant to icing anymore.

Datsyuk is a god

So does Detroit losing make Sabres 2nd 1st round choice worse?

Well Detroit would have had to beat Tampa and then Montreal for them to improve the Sabres pick.  So technically yes but it was a long shot anyways.  I believe now our NYI pick will either be 19, 20, or 21.  If Minnesota, Washington and Minnesota Calgary win this round it would be 19 (18?) if I did the math right which I might not have.  Basically those 3 teams need to win to leapfrog the Islanders pick. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Well Detroit would have had to beat Tampa and then Montreal for them to improve the Sabres pick.  So technically yes but it was a long shot anyways.  I believe now our NYI pick will either be 19, 20, or 21.  If Minnesota, Washington and Minnesota win this round it would be 19 (18?) if I did the math right which I might not have.  Basically those 3 teams need to win to leapfrog the Islanders pick.

:unsure: Edited by Taro T

Minnesota counts twice!

Sorry Calgary.  The 3rd team is Calgary.  Calgary, Minnesota, and Washington.  For each one of those teams that wins this round, the NYI pick will drop 1 spot.

Was pretty sure only 2 spots left to potentially move up. Looks like that is the case, but the Caps don't factor in. The Caps finished w/ more points that the Isles, so their beating the Rags would have no effect on the Isles pick. 21 could move up to 19 w/ 2 western upsets.

hmm well if that is the case I would bet Calgary loses and Minnesota might win.  I think at best we get the 20th overall pick. 

Was pretty sure only 2 spots left to potentially move up. Looks like that is the case, but the Caps don't factor in. The Caps finished w/ more points that the Isles, so their beating the Rags would have no effect on the Isles pick. 21 could move up to 19 w/ 2 western upsets.

According to TSN the caps and isles finished with 101pts. Tied in ROW with 40 but in the regular season the Caps won the series 3-1 so the Caps should be ranked higher and therefore, do not impact the NYI pick.

hmm well if that is the case I would bet Calgary loses and Minnesota might win.  I think at best we get the 20th overall pick. 

According to TSN the caps and isles finished with 101pts. Tied in ROW with 40 but in the regular season the Caps won the series 3-1 so the Caps should be ranked higher and therefore, do not impact the NYI pick.

That'll teach me not to relook @ the standings before posting. :doh:

The Caps WERE ranked higher, which is why game 7 was in DC, and why they are irrelevant to the discussion.

That'll teach me not to relook @ the standings before posting. :doh:

The Caps WERE ranked higher, which is why game 7 was in DC, and why they are irrelevant to the discussion.

you are right according to what I researched and read. IDK why tsn has the caps below the Isles but the Isles did not have home ice advantage so maybe I am reading something wrong somewhere else?  Either way I expect the Capitals to lose to the Rangers. 

Edited by LGR4GM

• If CGY and MIN both win their second round series, Isles' pick is #19.

If CGY wins second round series and MIN loses theirs, Isles' pick is #20.

If MIN wins second round series and CGY loses theirs, Isles' pick is #20.

If neither CGY nor MIN win their second round series, Isles' pick is #21.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.