2015 NHL Playoffs -- Round 1

Hoss

Losing their best defenseman and best center for much of the series didn't help the Preds any.

Most Preds fans are pissed at David Poille for trading for Mike Santorelli and Cody Franson at the deadline instead of someone more physical (e.g., Chris Stewart).  Both were terrible down the stretch and didn't help the team during the playoffs.  Stupid David Poille gave up a 1st round pick for two guys who made the team worse.

Maybe they'll get it together by the time we move down there.

Calgary was relentless and hungry. Vancouver not so much. Calgary learned how to beat teams in the 3rd period this past season with a never say die attitude and that carried over into this first round. I think they'll have a tougher time with the ducks. I'm pulling for the flames. They are fun to watch.

Marginal, if at all. Kesler had a nice first round series, but on the season he wasn't much better than Bonino. Kesler is miles away from his Selke days.

Kessler is doing fine in anaheim though, he anchors a solid 2nd line there.   Wonder if chicago can match that.

I wish they would've scheduled games all day. No noon games the last two days so we're stuck bouncing between games later in the day instead of an entire day of playoff hockey... Were they just worried about not giving these guys two full days of rest?

How long is that line?  Is your hook scraping the bottom of Lake Erie?

Really? I had "elite" shoved down my throat here for years, but now with the passage of time the topic can't be revisited without being called a troll? But that's the way it is here. The past is erased. No one is ever around to admit how wrong they were. Darcy Lindy Millsie (and eventually I will have Terrsie). Come on, man up.

Ryan Miller in the six games in which his team has been eliminated from the playoffs: 25 goals against on 171 shots. .854 save percentage.

Really? I had "elite" shoved down my throat here for years, but now with the passage of time the topic can't be revisited without being called a troll? But that's the way it is here. The past is erased. No one is ever around to admit how wrong they were. Darcy Lindy Millsie (and eventually I will have Terrsie). Come on, man up.

Ryan Miller in the six games in which his team has been eliminated from the playoffs: 25 goals against on 171 shots. .854 save percentage.

I guess it was Miller, not Lindy, that was the problem.

"No, you're right."

Granted Miller may have been rusty last night.... He could not control his rebounds and that ultimately helped the comeback from the flames.

Didn't see it, and obviously his stat line is , but not controlling rebounds is uncharacteristic of him.

Didn't see it, and obviously his stat line is ######, but not controlling rebounds is uncharacteristic of him.

It really was odd to see. He did make some great saves to start the game, but as it went on, he was fighting it a bit more than his usual.... Then again hiller was pulled early in the first for a couple of softies

Didn't see it, and obviously his stat line is ######, but not controlling rebounds is uncharacteristic of him.

Yea, it was the worst I've ever seen for him. And he had a really hard time locating the puck once it got loose. It could be that he's one of those athletes that suddenly loses it or maybe it was just rustiness considering how long he was out.

I just think it's that most people don't find it especially interesting to re-fight a debate that raged for what, nearly a decade? It was tired when it was relevant, and it simply no longer matters. If you want to toot your own horn, go for it, but you can't reasonably expect quality discourse to come from it.

Edit: I could also point out how useless a small sample is for a goaltender, especially a cherry-picked sample of a few games you deem more important.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

Yea, it was the worst I've ever seen for him. And he had a really hard time locating the puck once it got loose. It could be that he's one of those athletes that suddenly loses it or maybe it was just rustiness considering how long he was out.

Vancouver owed it to their fans and their team to just pick a goalie and stick it out. This waffling thing they do every year is a joke. Throwing Miller in with the series on the line when he's been hurt all year and is obviously not sharp was idiocy. Lack was fine. But the poor kid just keeps getting kicked to the curb because of his teammates.

I just think it's that most people don't find it especially interesting to re-fight a debate that raged for what, nearly a decade? It was tired when it was relevant, and it simply no longer matters. If you want to toot your own horn, go for it, but you can't reasonably expect quality discourse to come from it.

Edit: I could also point out how useless a small sample is for a goaltender, especially a cherry-picked sample of a few games you deem more important.

Yes, why evaluate a goaltender on how he plays when playoff survival is on the line? What would that tell us about how good he is? And who else but I would "deem" such games more important. Let's weigh Tuesday nights at home against New Jersey in November just as heavily.

Vancouver owed it to their fans and their team to just pick a goalie and stick it out. This waffling thing they do every year is a joke. Throwing Miller in with the series on the line when he's been hurt all year and is obviously not sharp was idiocy. Lack was fine. But the poor kid just keeps getting kicked to the curb because of his teammates.

Exactly. Schneider gets traded instead of Luongo when everybody knew Luongo wanted out and Schneider was a young, hot prospect... Then Luongo gets benched for the outdoor game and forces his way out as we all knew was coming... Then Lack gets replaced by Miller... Then Miller gets hurt and Lack looks good until a few playoff games when he's benched for a rusty/possibly still injured Miller.

Foolish goalie management even through an entire front office/coaching change. Yikes. Vancouver deserves the drought.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.