2015 NHL Playoffs -- Round 1

Hoss

Reflective moment: There's a way (*a* way) in which the SC playoffs are more enjoyable when your team's not playing in them. I mean, I can just sit back and enjoy excellent hockey and arena atmosphere without the accompanying heart palpitations and hand wringing (and worse).

That said, the "ceiling" is nowhere - NOWHERE - close (not even in the same universe) to where it is when the Sabres are playing.

Stamkos is doing a magic disappearing act; lots of fans in TB aren't happy with him.

Reflective moment: There's a way (*a* way) in which the SC playoffs are more enjoyable when your team's not playing in them. I mean, I can just sit back and enjoy excellent hockey and arena atmosphere without the accompanying heart palpitations and hand wringing (and worse).

That said, the "ceiling" is nowhere - NOWHERE - close (not even in the same universe) to where it is when the Sabres are playing.

Well said; I agree with everything you wrote.

Looks like NYI and Caps headed for OT.  Love OT in the playoffs.

I hate it when other teams use the exact same song at the end of a victory.

You mean like the Neil Diamond song everyone uses in every sport? That is pretty lame. Why can't teams come up with something more original? Buffalo should play Buffalo Stance by Neneh Cherry. Who cares if the song is about pimpin lol.

I nominate Rochester's own

Classic! I used to have their albums on vinyl. Wish I kept them.

You mean like the Neil Diamond song everyone uses in every sport? That is pretty lame. Why can't teams come up with something more original? Buffalo should play Buffalo Stance by Neneh Cherry. Who cares if the song is about pimpin lol.

Classic! I used to have their albums on vinyl. Wish I kept them.

♪♫ Buffalo gals won't you come out tonight.......♫♪ 

I also love when Detroit is about to win a game they crank Journey's Don't Stop Believin. The whole crowd sings "Born and raised in South Detroit".

The Sabres need a go to song.

Except when he's singing the Canadian anthem.

He only sings the Canadian anthem if they are playing a Canadian team or on nationally televised playoff games. Chicago Detroit Star Spangled Banner only

He only sings the Canadian anthem if they are playing a Canadian team or on nationally televised playoff games. Chicago Detroit Star Spangled Banner only

Obviously. I think Buffalo is the only arena that sings the Canadian anthem every game. Sabres have many fans from across the border.

This Canuck game is rockin. Dorsett with the goofy hit from behind on Sam Bennet and the flames score on the powerplay. Lots of hits.

This is the game I was most looking forward to watching tonight and the Caps/Isles are in OT so I'm missing g it. Do you have Center Ice?

I also love when Detroit is about to win a game they crank Journey's Don't Stop Believin. The whole crowd sings "Born and raised in South Detroit".

Except....there's no such place as "South Detroit."  Even as an unofficial neighborhood.  If you go the area and ask someone to point you to South Detroit you'll only get a blank stare.  There is a little finger of Detroit that sticks out to the south, but no one calls it South Detroit.  (I used to live a few miles from there in Dearborn.)

Except....there's no such place as "South Detroit." Even as an unofficial neighborhood. If you go the area and ask someone to point you to South Detroit you'll only get a blank stare. There is a little finger of Detroit that sticks out to the south, but no one calls it South Detroit. (I used to live a few miles from there in Dearborn.)

I wouldn't stop anywhere around Detroit to ask for directions. Long ago I had to flatbed a brand new BMW to a dealer in Bloomfield Hills. Looking at my map, it seemed Woodward Ave was the most direct route to where I needed to go from interstate 75. Mistake....after stopping for a red light and having my truck approached by many "locals"....I'll put it this way, it was the last red light I stopped for lol. When I got to the dealership and told them my route they all couldn't believe I went that way. But they did send me back to the highway a much more friendly way. That's my one and only Detroit experience.

Uh... Well... It's Buffalo stance

Buffalo should use the original version of that song, and then maybe they could also get Buck Nasty to sing the anthem.

Edited by Claude Balls

This is the first night im able to watch playoffs this year and it's in the Dominican Republic of all places..... I've been following on the board and it all sounds so great..... I was glad the caps tied it up tonight, I love when playoffs go to game 7. And Calgary is really taking it to the nucks.

And Miller is in net!!!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.