Tom Webster Contest 5.0

tom webster

Definitely Matt Donovan.

He will be in the top six to start the season, play a regular role on the PP and put up between 20 and 30 points.

I need to claim those seats I had to reject two years ago and make my first trip to the FNC.

Buffalo, I'm coming for ya!

Carrier. This is his make or break season. He will swing between third and fourth line. Often on a line with Larsson. It will cause a log jam and force a trade. He will put up ok numbers - around 30 points. He will score the OT goal in the playoff game I will shortly be attending :p

Can I take a different stance and say that no one will surprise and make the team out of camp?  The kids are going to be given ample time to develop in Rochester and the bubble spots on the roster are going to wind up going to the journeymen like Carlo (yeah, I'm not trying to spell that).

Jake McCabe: Is the 2nd pairing d-man at the end of the year, and leads our d-men in hits per game. Also, he has a middle-of-the-pack offensive season, but his physicality wows all of us and he gets huge PK minutes towards the end of winter.

• 1 month later...

This isn't out of training camp but I think Ullmark will be solid in Rochester and will get some time in Buffalo due to injuries and show that he can play at this level. We will have a Swedish tandem going forward. I know this doesn't meet the contest requirements but I tried picking an original name.

Sabres don't trade for ROR.

draft Mcdavid

Nikita starts in rochester

Grigorenko is on the roster opening night.

Stempniak is signed

Lindback and Enroth get signed to compete with johnson (wil be waived).

Sekera signed as UFA.

Someone will whine about them starting with 4 rookie centers.

Buffalo trades for Eriksson + marc savards contract for a 2nd round pick , Hodgson and two low level prospects.

Sign paille as ufa.

Starting line up

Kane - Mcdavid - Eriksson

Moulson - Reinhart - Ennis

Foligno - Grigorenko - Girgensons

Deslauriers - Larsson - stempniak

McCormick - Gionta

Bogosian - Sekera

Ristolainen - Gorges

Pysyk - mcCabe

weber

Enroth

Lindback.

Pretty sure I didn't win :p

My prediction for surprise to make the team:  Ruhwedel.  Reasons:  combination of lack of depth on D, Rudy's experience, likelihood of someone ahead of him getting injured and potential for either Pysyk or McCabe to disappoint. 

Out of camp?

Two questions TW:

1) Can you tell us who is in the lead?

2) Can you tell us who won last year?

-I'm not doubting you'll give away a prize, just curious to see who won is all

1) This year, I declared the drunk irishone the winner but he couldn't use the tickets.

2) Last year, the winner was dudacek. If I remember correctly he gave his tickets to a brother in law or that may have been a previous year winner.

Quite frankly, I don't remember the other winners but if you care I'm sure you could find the threads in the archives.

I have no problem with your questioning the validity of the contest but I'm sure others can attest to the fact that I have always gone out of my way to accommodate past winners.

1) This year, I declared the drunk irishone the winner but he couldn't use the tickets.

2) Last year, the winner was dudacek. If I remember correctly he gave his tickets to a brother in law or that may have been a previous year winner.

Quite frankly, I don't remember the other winners but if you care I'm sure you could find the threads in the archives.

I have no problem with your questioning the validity of the contest but I'm sure others can attest to the fact that I have always gone out of my way to accommodate past winners.

Just curious is all; same thing when we predict the Cup, Ross, and Calder winners in the other thread, I enjoy knowing who was closest. 

I won a couple of years ago on the back of Weave's Roy for Ott trade idea that he didn't have the cajones to actually predict :D

Hey now, I never submit a serious entry to these.

And you're welcome.   :beer:

Except this year.  And that didn't go well.  :bag:

Edited by We've

• 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.