GDT: HELL YES BEAT THE PENS 4/11/15

Eleven

Aaaaaaand there is another 5 months of my life that I'll never get back.

I'm old enough to enjoy every season, regardless.  I watch every game and really want them to win, but in the end, having a team to pull for passionately makes it all worth it.  Lets go Buffalo 2016.

Edited by Tondas

Aaaaaaand there is another 5 months of my life that I'll never get back.

I'm ######in pissed. Nobody is going to convince me that this was the right way to build a winner,… ever,… even if it does.

And Eichel won't do it for me. I want McDavid. To have gone through this to be worth it, "elite" won't cut it. I want "generational."

I'm ######in pissed. Nobody is going to convince me that this was the right way to build a winner,… ever,… even if it does.

And Eichel won't do it for me. I want McDavid. To have gone through this to be worth it, "elite" won't cut it. I want "generational."

I'm with you on the first part. They tried buying it, then the easy way out. The consolation for me is that if the Sabres go on to win a Cup, it won't be solely because they tanked. There's a lot of work to do and they will have earned it, for the most part, in an honorable way.

I've been a Sabres fan since 1970 (I was 9).  I've been a season ticket holder thru the weakest years (1983-1986) when wowie Housley was the only reason to come to the Aud (that and Paul Cyr trying to run Ray Bourque thru the Zamboni doors).  I moved out of Buffalo in 1989 due to no jobs in Buffalo.  I remain a fan today in fricken Nebraska of all places.  I will retire to Buffalo in 3 years because it is a great place to live with the best people in the world.  If the Sabres win the Cup, great.  Either way, I will pull for them.  If they never win it, I will still be a fan until they bury me in Mt. Olivet on Delaware.  Every year is a new year.  Enjoy each one.  Carpe Diem. 

Strachan and Mess won't be back. Be very surprised if Dalpe and Varone play again beyond an emergency call-up.

It says something about the state of this roster when Strachan was clearly signed as veteran AHL depth but then spent the entire season with the NHL club and dressed for over half of the games.

Well next Sat the 18th is my 17th anniversary and last year my wife had a spinal tap that went awfully bad, so needless to say our anniversary this year is a double event. Let's hope that it's a triple event and we get the number one pick!!!!!!

Ugh. There better be a lotta Pens fans at FNC... sounds like an away game.

I'd estimate it was about 55% Pens - 45% Sabres. When that cheer went up, turned to the guy sitting next to me and said I was now even more glad the Sabres had been locked into 30th the night before; 'cause the Sabres almost definitely would have accused Sabre fans of joining in. That one was loud and the cheering was ALL Pens fans. Some Sabres fans started booing them in response, boosting the volume unfortunately.

Game started w/ a playoff atmosphere but as the Sabres lost steam (and the game was dull for long stretches) the crowd's intensity fizzled as well. Heard the GR guys saying in the pregame that the fans should give a "Thankyou Sabres" chant; they hadn't as of the beginning of the shirt signing, hope they didn't after I left. Would expect the fan meaning of 'thanks fod persevering' would have been misinterpreted as 'thanks for McEichel' at best or something more sarcastic at worst.

And for whatever it's worth the guy that has tix on the other side of me said that the majority of the cheer that Weber took issue w/ a few games back was vastly Yotes fans. He's usually a straight shooter, fwiw.

dude...

Are you serious?

That may be the funniest thing I have ever seen on this here intertubes thingy.

This season is now not a total loss.

Upon further review, and after sobering up, I still completely endorse these two posts.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.