Should Ted Nolan Coach Buffalo Next Year?

IKnowPhysics

Ted Nolan:  

89 members have voted

1. 1. On Ted Nolan coaching next year:

• I want Ted Nolan to coach the Buffalo Sabres next year.
    • I am indifferent on whether Ted Nolan coaches the Buffalo Sabres next year.
    • It do not want Ted Nolan to coach the Buffalo Sabres next year.

I voted that I want Nolan as coach next year.

My feelings are well known.  I think he deserves and has earned at least one more year to see what he can do with a better roster.

Now, I'm not sure how much better the kids are going to be next season, as they will still be just kids.  Most have made great strides this year even in a crap season. That has to come from Nolan, his staff and to the few battle hardened veterans that we have.

I think I do. I'm coming around to the idea that this organization has to preserve at least a little of its dignity. They can't come off as total dirtballs. Besides, they may not be in position to be much better next season — see Murray's quote about hoping to be better while still being in the lottery — and it might just fit Murray's overall plan to have Nolan coach a second season. Finish the job of changing the culture and raising the kids.

I'm indifferent.  On one hand, he was dealt some cards.  On the other hand, we owe him nothing (short of compensation for this contract and a hearty "Thank You") and there's potentially better coaching options out there.

Would I like Babcock? Sure.  Would I be heart broken if that doesn't/can't happen and Nolan's here next year?  Nope.

I want him back for no other reason than it will piss off the contingent of Sabre fans I want to strangle right now. :wallbash:

The young guys are really starting to play well, and are really one of the reasons why this race to the bottom is even close, along with goaltending.  I think Nolan and his staff have to be credited with that to some extent.

Personally, I think the bright spots have been so obscured by the overall horrid record and obsession with the draft, that it makes it almost impossible to truly judge Nolan's performance.

I want him back for no other reason than it will piss off the contingent of Sabre fans I want to strangle right now. :wallbash:

The young guys are really starting to play well, and are really one of the reasons why this race to the bottom is even close, along with goaltending.  I think Nolan and his staff have to be credited with that to some extent.

Personally, I think the bright spots have been so obscured by the overall horrid record and obsession with the draft, that it makes it almost impossible to truly judge Nolan's performance.

The only reason this is close is that Arizona is really bad.

To "some" extent, yes; but I'd have a hard time giving much credit to him for that at all due to how reluctant he was to give Larsson and Grigorenko shots. If not for injuries and the modest trade deadline purge; Itruly doubt either would get duty above 4th line. He was forced into playing them (heck, GR still says that Grigs is on an emergency call up).

The goalies and Risto, I would be more willing to give him and his crew credit for their play here.

I voted that I'm indifferent because I want whats best for this team but I do feel he deserves another year with some better players. This year can't be pinned on him and the guys in that room are singing his praises so there's that.

I would hire Ted Nolan as personal coach if he is not retained by the Sabres.  I would like to make two points.  Firstly, no matter what GMTM might want, it will be up to TP.  Secondly, it has been reassuring to me personally to hear Ted Nolan speak about trying your best, and living for the present in the face of adversity.  

I think he is a good coach.  I am not an expert.  I will, however, claim as much expertise in judging a man's character as the next gal.  To me, Ted Nolan is an absolute keeper.

I am tired of the drama - the I will hate you unless, the I will not spend a dime unless, the do this or else.  It is a team game, and even the boss is just a player in the game.  When people say "perspective," they usually do so to claim objectivity, or even omniscience.  In this case, it is just me, and what I think of the guy.

Edited by Anna Akhmatova

I'm indifferent, for the most part, unless he doesn't park this car in the garage properly over the next two games. If he doesn't realize by now that the fans should get what they want, and that he's been set up to give it to them, he hasn't earned Butkus.

I would hire Ted Nolan as personal coach if he is not retained by the Sabres.  I would like to make two points.  Firstly, no matter what GMTM might want, it will be up to TP.  Secondly, it has been reassuring to me personally to hear Ted Nolan speak about trying your best, and living for the present in the face of adversity.  

I think he is a good coach.  I am not an expert.  I will, however, claim as much expertise in judging a man's character as the next gal.  To me, Ted Nolan is an absolute keeper.

I am tired of the drama - the I will hate you unless, the I will not spend a dime unless, the do this or else.  It is a team game, and even the boss is just a player in the game.  When people say "perspective," they usually do so to claim objectivity, or even omniscience.  In this case, it is just me, and what I think of the guy.

What is a personal coach?

WTF - the poll is overwhelmingly -- I do not want him back, yet the only comments are from the supposed 6 people who think he deserves another shot.

I do not want him back and expect that they will land a better coach - Babcock.

You expect to land Babcock????  I wouldn't bet the farm on that one.   I would love to have him here I just don't see it happening....

IF they don't land Babcock then give ole Teddy another shot.  I don't want them to bring in a completely unproven coach like Richardson.  Let him stew a bit in the AHL to see how well he can coach. 

You expect to land Babcock????  I wouldn't bet the farm on that one.   I would love to have him here I just don't see it happening....

IF they don't land Babcock then give ole Teddy another shot.  I don't want them to bring in a completely unproven coach like Richardson.  Let him stew a bit in the AHL to see how well he can coach. 

This one's tricky. Young(ish), first-time GM and Stanley Cup winner and hot commodity Mike Babcock? I bet Murray would rather have his boy Richardson. It gets tricky if TPegs wants Babcock and lays down the law. Yummy.