Lottery to be made available for public viewing

Eleven

In 2013, the most recent drawing video I could find, they did reveal the winner to the folks in the room. I've read that the observers are then sequestered. So I believe the answer to your Murray question is no. It kind of has to be that way; if the panel of GMs already knew, it might be hard to keep a poker face.

You're right.  Also, no one in the room will be allowed to have any type of communication device with them.

I heard that as a failsafe, after the winner is revealed in the room, oxygen levels will be depleted just enough to cause unconsciousness and not enough to cause death.

I think they should have all the GMs in the room at tables with cards in front of them with all their numbers and they should do it like bingo.

I think they should have all the GMs in the room at tables with cards in front of them with all their numbers and they should do it like bingo.

Ha! They definitely could have a lot more fun with it. I still like bringing some element of skill into it. Have the GMs spin the wheel from The Price is Right. And GMTM is having chest pains!

I really don't like the way they reveal the cards starting with the 14th place team. That team wins, and all the excitement is over. Put Buffalo and the winner, or Buffalo if it wins and the next closest loser (Arizona), off to the side and randomly announce the remaining 12 non-winners. Let it all come down to the last two. That may not make any sense, I don't know. Or care.

Edited by @fakegorbyportwinestain

I heard that as a failsafe, after the winner is revealed in the room, oxygen levels will be depleted just enough to cause unconsciousness and not enough to cause death.

My grandpa was an air force pilot who routinely had to fly up to the NW Territories.

He told us he'd deal with rowdy crews who'd had a few too many by taking them way up.

They'd pass out and blame it on the booze.

Ha! They definitely could have a lot more fun with it. I still like bringing some element of skill into it. Have the GMs spin the wheel from The Price is Right. And GMTM is having chest pains!

I really don't like the way they reveal the cards starting with the 14th place team. That team wins, and all the excitement is over. Put Buffalo and the winner, or Buffalo if it wins and the next closest loser (Arizona), off to the side and randomly announce the remaining 12 non-winners. Let it all come down to the last two. That may not make any sense, I don't know. Or care.

That would be better than the way they do it now.

Between this and your post about Mike D'ohopp, you are ON today. :thumbsup:

Fans on Arizona's message board are a little nervous about today's draft. And it's very understandable. Have a 66.5% chance at drafting 3rd. 

I honestly think AZ is going to win the drawing.  In the past 20 years the last place team has only won the lottery 5 times.  I'm hopeful but being realistic.

Edited by ROC Sabres

That would be awesome.  Have the real odds under their name and have an overhead camera.  As a number is drawn, it you don't have it, you throw away the ticket.

I honestly think AZ is going to win the drawing.  In the past 20 years the last place team has only won the lottery 5 times.  I'm hopeful but being realistic.

Which makes it even more likely the Sabres will take it. If it's bound to happen, it'll happen. I know numbers in the past have no impact on tonight's lottery, but it's good to think it's only happened so many times.....

Edited by GoPre

In 2013, the most recent drawing video I could find, they did reveal the winner to the folks in the room. I've read that the observers are then sequestered. So I believe the answer to your Murray question is no. It kind of has to be that way; if the panel of GMs already knew, it might be hard to keep a poker face.

Thanks!

For the actual announcement, they should have McDavid standing behind a curtain wearing the jersey of the winning team and slowly raise it to reveal the winner.

This would be hilarious.

I know a guy who knows a guy who knows Ted Black.

The whole thing was fixed. The League thought that the Oilers hadn't had enough good draft picks lately, so, well...

Actually it was fixed. They wanted to give it to the last team anyone would ever accuse them of fixing the lottery for. No one will ever question them now.

5, 14, 6, 1 ... I think.

What I want to know ...  is how the league assigned the numbers to the teams?

So what happened to 11? I can't find a video of the drawing that I am able to play.

No Schlitz. The league can't even run a lottery without issues. :lol:

It probably happened last year too. That's why the video had to be heavily edited.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.