2slowtogofast

I'm gonna guess:

Kane Eichel Ennis

Moulson O'Reilly Reinhart

McGinn Girgensons Gionta

Deslauriers Larsson Foligno

Kaleta

Notes on forwards:

Legwand to Rochester, Kaleta as 13th forward. Eichel starts right away at center with Reinhart breaking in on the wing next to everyone's new favorite toy. Foligno to 4th line and Larsson centers the 4th line.

Defense:

Gorges Bogosian

FA/trade Ristolainen

Weber Psysk

Notes on defense:

We sign or trade for a veteran defenseman. McCabe gets one more year in Rochester and is the first call up.

Goalies:

Lehner

Johnson

I'm gonna guess:

Kane Eichel Ennis

McGinn Girgensons Gionta

Kaleta

Notes on forwards:

Legwand to Rochester, Kaleta as 13th forward. Eichel starts right away at center with Reinhart breaking in on the wing next to everyone's new favorite toy. Foligno to 4th line and Larsson centers the 4th line.

Defense:

Gorges Bogosian

FA/trade Ristolainen

Weber Psysk

Notes on defense:

We sign or trade for a veteran defenseman. McCabe gets one more year in Rochester and is the first call up.

Goalies:

Lehner

Johnson

This is the one closest to what I'm thinking. That first line is so fast. I might have Reinhart play center but having ROR makes an easy switch on the fly if we need to shelter the rookie.

The only missing piece is the top 4 lefty dman. There's a ton of choices in free agency though

I'm probably happiest to see that Girgensens is still around to play the third line where I always wanted him to go. :thumbsup:

I'm gonna guess:

Kane Eichel Ennis

McGinn Girgensons Gionta

Kaleta

Notes on forwards:

Defense:

Gorges Bogosian

FA/trade Ristolainen

Weber Psysk

Notes on defense:

Goalies:

Lehner

Johnson

Ennis is going to have so much room.

@BuffNewsVogl: Sabres coach Dan Bylsma isn't ready to form lines but says start with Ryan O'Reilly as No. 1 center and go from there.

@BillHoppeNHL: Dan Bylsma just said it's early, but Zemgus Girgensons could be moved back to wing. #Sabres

@pham1717: Bylsma said O'Reilly is the #1 center. He mentioned Eichel, 28 and Legwand. Said Zemgus could go to wing, but my take is it may be Reinhart.

Edited by BRAWNDO

@BuffNewsVogl: Sabres coach Dan Bylsma isn't ready to form lines but says start with Ryan O'Reilly as No. 1 center and go from there.

@BillHoppeNHL: Dan Bylsma just said it's early, but Zemgus Girgensons could be moved back to wing. #Sabres

Really IMO O'Reilly and Zemgus need to be switched to wing.

This lineup is from sabres.nhl.com

I like this lineup for the start of the season. Keep Girgensons on the top 2 lines by pushing him to RW. Like the idea of keeping Eichel and Reinhart off the first line. Less pressure. As the season progress make appropriate changes. Maybe moving Girgensons to C line 3, Eichel to C line 1, Reinhart to C line 2 and O'Reilly to RW line 2. 

Evander Kane - Ryan O’Reilly - Tyler Ennis 

Matt Moulson - Jack Eichel (if he goes pro) - Zemgus Girgensons.
Marcus Foligno - Sam Reinhart - Brian Gionta 
Nicolas Deslauriers - Johan Larsson - Jamie McGinn 

Extras: David LegwandCody McCormick

Josh Gorges - Zach Bogosian 
Jake McCabe - Rasmus Ristolainen 
Mike Weber - Mark Pysyk

Goalies:

Robin Lehner 
Chad Johnson

Edited by Thanes16

I'm gonna guess:

Kane Eichel Ennis

McGinn Girgensons Gionta

Kaleta

Notes on forwards:

Defense:

Gorges Bogosian

FA/trade Ristolainen

Weber Psysk

Notes on defense:

Goalies:

Lehner

Johnson

Kaleta won't be re-signed. I think Legwand stays in Buffalo

Really IMO O'Reilly and Zemgus need to be switched to wing.

O'Reilly is the No.1 Center. Don't think he's moving to wing.

O'Reilly was brought in to make sure Eichel and Reinhart don't have to play #1 center yet.

Things may change as the season goes on though.

I'm sure thats the case, I'm just not with it. Like they said all day yesterday at the draft there is no reason reason to shelter these kids anymore. But switching a true center like Reinhart between winger and center is a recipe for stunting the kids growth.

I'm sure thats the case, I'm just not with it. Like they said all day yesterday at the draft there is no reason reason to shelter these kids anymore. But switching a true center like Reinhart between winger and center is a recipe for stunting the kids growth.

Tyler Seguin played both his rookie and his breakout sophomore seasons on the wing. Did that stunt his growth? This meme has to die and die fast--there is nothing wrong with starting a center at wing to break him into the NHL, and it's a fairly common practice, even with high-end prospects.

Tyler Seguin played both his rookie and his breakout sophomore seasons on the wing. Did that stunt his growth? This meme has to die and die fast--there is nothing wrong with starting a center at wing to break him into the NHL, and it's a fairly common practice, even with high-end prospects.

Your right. I just don't like it.

To me, that is ideal up front.

The fourth line is better than some of those Torrey Mitchell concoctions Nolan was using as a second line last year.

On D I put Bogo with Pysyk, Gorges with Risto, and Weber with McCabe.

Hopefully we add a top-four D.

If Lehner plays to Murray's expectations, this is a playoff team.

(There I said it. Koolaid swallowed, all aboard team sunshine and kittens)

Edited by dudacek

I like this lineup for the start of the season. Keep Girgensons on the top 2 lines by pushing him to RW. Like the idea of keeping Eichel and Reinhart off the first line. Less pressure. As the season progress make appropriate changes. Maybe moving Girgensons to C line 3, Eichel to C line 1, Reinhart to C line 2 and O'Reilly to RW line 2. 

Matt Moulson - Jack Eichel (if he goes pro) - Zemgus Girgensons.

Marcus Foligno - Sam Reinhart - Brian Gionta 

Nicolas Deslauriers - Johan Larsson - Jamie McGinn 

Josh Gorges - Zach Bogosian 

Jake McCabe - Rasmus Ristolainen 

Mike Weber - Mark Pysyk

Goalies:

Robin Lehner 

Chad Johnson

nailed the forwards. Risto is a top pair Dman and Pysyk is in the 3/4 slot.

Moulson - O'Reilly - Ennis

Kane - Eichel - Girgensons

McGinn - Reinhart - Gionta   <--- I think he will have a 3rd line ufa RW here, hoping for Stewart/Frolik

Deslauriers - Larsson - Foligno

Legwand McCormick  <---- don't think these two will make the team alot.

UFA D - Ristolainen

Gorges - Bogosian

Weber - Pysyk

Would slot McCabe in here somewhere but he needs more time I think.

Getting Sekera back would be ace.

Lehner

UFA goalie/Johnson

Long term that may very well be the case. But I maintain there's no way we're going into next season with two of our top three centers as rookies.

Careful.  I'm used to catching for saying that.  You'll want to build up to that level of scrutiny.   :P

Moulson - O'Reilly - Ennis

Kane - Eichel - Girgensons

McGinn - Reinhart - Gionta <--- I think he will have a 3rd line ufa RW here, hoping for Stewart/Frolik

Deslauriers - Larsson - Foligno

Legwand McCormick <---- don't think these two will make the team alot.

UFA D - Ristolainen

Gorges - Bogosian

Weber - Pysyk

Would slot McCabe in here somewhere but he needs more time I think.

Getting Sekera back would be ace.

Lehner

UFA goalie/Johnson

Would be nice to have Stewart playing RW on the 3rd line.

Murray needs to land a top 4 UFA D and a quality UFA backup to Lehner. Have no hopes for Johnson.

This team is on the brink of being scary good. Make a couple of additions and let them grow together. Will not be long at all.

Careful.  I'm used to catching ###### for saying that.  You'll want to build up to that level of scrutiny.   :P

If I don't mention him by name, do I still have to brace myself for the wrath of Liger? 

Who is going to get bumped if we add a third-line RW?

It won't be Gionta.

I don't think we're adding another forward unless it involves moving multiple bodies out. I think the focus is solely on the D now.

Matt Moulson - Jack Eichel (if he goes pro) - Zemgus Girgensons.Marcus Foligno - Sam Reinhart - Brian Gionta Nicolas Deslauriers - Johan Larsson - Jamie McGinn 

Josh Gorges - Zach Bogosian Jake McCabe - Rasmus Ristolainen Mike Weber - Mark Pysyk

Goalies:

Robin Lehner Chad Johnson

This one is my favorite so far. That one would have me wanting to watch every one of the lines rather than having to wait for one or two or three to finish their shift quick to get a decent one out there.

The biggest question for me is whether or not Larsson will be comfortable playing on the 4th line. Last year there was some sort of "falling out" with Nolan about the minutes/opportunities he was given and he did put up some decent numbers at the end of the season. Now that we have a new coaching regine will he accept being pushed down the depth chart to the 4th line or is something else going to be in play for him?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.