GDT: Buffalo @ Colorado, 9:00 PM EST

WildCard

Top 10 Sabres memorable moments from a veteran (old) fan:  in no particular order.

1 Soviet Red Army Butt Kick

2 "Thank You Sabres" Game

3 Fog Stanley Cup Game

4 No Goal

5 Shoenfeld/Cashman Zamboni door fight

6 Brad Fricken Park

7 Malarchuk almost dying

8 Hannan OT winner

9 Pominville OT winner

10 Gretzky goal record/Perreault Hat trick

I am. I remember watching, on television, with my grandmother! Koran sneered all night. He pounded Yakushev, over and over. I remember the Red Army - Flyers game, too. Confused Soviets and a furious coaching staff.

The energy in the Aud was palpable. They used to allow smoking along the rails of the oranges and it was packed with people with seats chaining. Surreal. And Perreault was a magician. Tikonov was once asked if Wayne Gretzky was the greatest player he ever seen and he said no. Gilbert Perreault. God gave him things he didn't know he could.

Bravo Dmitri!  Encore!  More please!   :worthy:

The energy in the Aud was palpable. They used to allow smoking along the rails of the oranges and it was packed with people with seats chaining. Surreal. And Perreault was a magician. Tikonov was once asked if Wayne Gretzky was the greatest player he ever seen and he said no. Gilbert Perreault. God gave him things he didn't know he could.

I got to watch some games and once played soccer in the Aud during the Buffalo Blizzard days.  What I was most impressed with was the spit trough in front of the benches.  I thought, is it possible that anyone could spit so much that they need something just shy of a urinal to receive it?

I remember Butch Deadmarsh grabbing a Bruin during the Cashman Melee clean offnthe ice while never leaving the bench. He pulled I think Hodge off the ice over the boards into the Sabrez bench opened up a can of wuup ass and tossed him back on the ice. He nevernreceived a penalty during the game.

Damn O'Reilly is what we need.

And I totally missed Hackett's arrival WTF?

We have Zemgus.

I remember Butch Deadmarsh grabbing a Bruin during the Cashman Melee clean offnthe ice while never leaving the bench. He pulled I think Hodge off the ice over the boards into the Sabrez bench opened up a can of wuup ass and tossed him back on the ice. He nevernreceived a penalty during the game.

Tears of joy  :(

Top 10 Sabres memorable moments from a veteran (old) fan:  in no particular order.

1 Soviet Red Army Butt Kick -- WINGS!

2 "Thank You Sabres" Game -- I attended, SRO.

3 Fog Stanley Cup Game -- radio.

4 No Goal -- alone in my den, after midnight, in Tampa.

5 Shoenfeld/Cashman Zamboni door fight -- radio, Blasdell.

6 Brad Fricken Park -- 88 Highgate, UB.

7 Malarchuk almost dying -- read about it. NJ, Rutgers.

8 Hannan OT winner -- there, about five rows behind SHK. (Hasek, 70 saves. I talked to Stephan Richey a decade later - "unreal. We were never going to score")

9 Pominville OT winner -- TV, TAMPA -- my kids now sharing memories with me)

10 Gretzky goal record/Perreault Hat trick[ -- was there- I believe he tied and set the recorde against Sauve and Edwards, respectively)/quote]

Awesome list!

Anyone remember two memorable games in March 1981 at the Aud? Sabres tied the Bruins a few hours after President Reagan was shot. My dad and I assumed the game would be canceled, but came up anyway. Good thing. The crowd was very quiet. Uncle Milt made an announcement that Reagan was out of surgery and that lightened things up a bit. Then later in the month the Sabres beat the Leafs 14-4. I will never forget the We Want 15 chant. We sat in the oranges for the first and only time, and it was a wild trip to the seats. And an awesome view the likes of which we will never see again.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.