GDT: Buffalo @ Colorado, 9:00 PM EST

WildCard

Here is a thought.  I wonder if the fans who are making the most of a bad situation, for rooting for the opposite team, will experience the rebound associated with hitting rock bottom, or if they will just continue to go down on whatever team comes to town.  I mean, they have got priors.  They never really hit rock bottom.  They found a way to appreciate the situation.  They might actually like it.

I don't judge them for being bi-curious.  I'll find a way to live with them peacefully, while maintaining my own traditional values.

OK, I'm not nervous about the Maple Leafs (other than the lottery, of course) anymore.  We now have a maximum points of 62 with a max ROW of 19, below Toronto's current 62 points and 24 ROW.  Bottom three finish guaranteed.

Loafs were eliminated tonight.  I'd hope you weren't worried by them prior to tonight.  They did their normal play well for 50 games and see if they can go the rest of the year without winning another one.  (They couldn't, once again; they're bad, they're not 1974-'75 Caps bad.)  No way they were going to catch 30th.  Mildly surprised that 28th is definitely in play for them.

Loafs were eliminated tonight.  I'd hope you weren't worried by them prior to tonight.  They did their normal play well for 50 games and see if they can go the rest of the year without winning another one.  (They couldn't, once again; they're bad, they're not 1974-'75 Caps bad.)  No way they were going to catch 30th.  Mildly surprised that 28th is definitely in play for them.

That was in reference to a post the other night that got a bit of a response.  I (somewhat) jokingly said that I was still nervous about Carolina (eliminated later that night) and Toronto passing us.  I will be nervous about the remaining two right up until they or we are eliminated.

Perfect game.  Some of the young guys played well, we lost largely because Hackett wasn't very good and we needed to lose because Arizona keeps piling up the losses.

Monday setting up to be biggest game of the season.  If they lose in reguation, 30th is locked w/ a 4-2-0 finish; a regulation win makes 2-4-0 necessary to lock 30th.  OT loss => 2-3-1 to clinch 30th; OT win => 3-2-1 to clinch 30th.  (It goes w/out saying that Arizona wins / OT losses allow the Sabres to win more and still clinch.)

That was in reference to a post the other night that got a bit of a response.  I (somewhat) jokingly said that I was still nervous about Carolina (eliminated later that night) and Toronto passing us.  I will be nervous about the remaining two right up until they or we are eliminated.

:doh:  Sorry, sarcasm detector's been on the fritz lately. :beer:

Matt Ellis has had 2 point blank shots in the slot and fired wide both times. Players like him are why we suck

He was never supposed to be more than an emergency call up

Nolan is the only coach I can ever remember watching who consistently doesn't manipulate his lines late in a game to get his key scorers on the ice with the seconds ticking down.

It's like he has no idea what he's doing... That can't be possible. We as feeble minded fans must not understand Ted's brilliant strategy.

Yes. Nolan is the problem. Right.

Not directed specifically at you, but this seems to often be a response when someone questions one of Nolan's moves.

It would make for better conversation if people would actually address the criticism.

Not directed specifically at you, but this seems to often be a response when someone questions one of Nolan's moves.

It would make for better conversation if people would actually address the criticism.

The question is why he doesn't do the Icky Shuffle with the lines at the end of meaningless games?

Or he believes in his lines and his players and doesn't feel they need to be changed.

I think that's likely true.

So when Mike Weber or Torrey Mitchell is out there when we need a goal, I question Ted's judgement.

But that's just me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.